Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Tournament Granted a "Bye" 90 points not fair

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
I was granted a "bye" in a classic style tournament because there was no one to match me with. Well instead of being given 100 points for a win, I was given 90 points. So, because of this- I can't get 1st place now. You need 400 points to get 1st. So even if I win the next 3 matches that 90 point "bye" added with the 300 is only 390 leaving me to get 2nd. Well, I should have got 3rd place in that tournament. BUT because of the 90 point "bye" I was given my very 1st match, - I was forced into 7th place. Leaving me a BIG loss on arena tickets that should have been mine. Why is the person being granted the "bye" being punished? No matter what that person does the rest of the tournament they can't get 1st place. Or the place they truly deserve after that. Being granted a "bye" should help the person, but the way KI has it now, if a person gets a "bye" and only given 90 points instead of 100 they are forced to do worse in the tournament. It's ridiculous, seriously. Take some time and really listen to this problem KI and don't sweep this aside!! Google it, people are upset about this and have been for YEARS!! It needs serious thought! Jus There are so many things just like this that have been an issue for YEARS that KI just ignores. It's not right. It cost people real money, and if you listen to the issue, and investigate it, you will see that I am not wrong about this subject!

Tournament points for a "bye" should not restrict the person being given the "bye", and by only giving them 90 points you are forcing them to take a worse rank than they truly deserve!!!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015
12
jakehjk3 on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
I was granted a "bye" in a classic style tournament because there was no one to match me with. Well instead of being given 100 points for a win, I was given 90 points. So, because of this- I can't get 1st place now. You need 400 points to get 1st. So even if I win the next 3 matches that 90 point "bye" added with the 300 is only 390 leaving me to get 2nd. Well, I should have got 3rd place in that tournament. BUT because of the 90 point "bye" I was given my very 1st match, - I was forced into 7th place. Leaving me a BIG loss on arena tickets that should have been mine. Why is the person being granted the "bye" being punished? No matter what that person does the rest of the tournament they can't get 1st place. Or the place they truly deserve after that. Being granted a "bye" should help the person, but the way KI has it now, if a person gets a "bye" and only given 90 points instead of 100 they are forced to do worse in the tournament. It's ridiculous, seriously. Take some time and really listen to this problem KI and don't sweep this aside!! Google it, people are upset about this and have been for YEARS!! It needs serious thought! Jus There are so many things just like this that have been an issue for YEARS that KI just ignores. It's not right. It cost people real money, and if you listen to the issue, and investigate it, you will see that I am not wrong about this subject!

Tournament points for a "bye" should not restrict the person being given the "bye", and by only giving them 90 points you are forcing them to take a worse rank than they truly deserve!!!
Dont do pvp if you dont like how its layed out thats why i drop my alt in if i see the tourny has a odd number so that everyone has a match :) also someone gets a free win

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Smh. Clearly I know I don't have to pvp. Everything I wrote I wrote for a reason, and a legit reason. People have been upset about this topic longer than you have played thus game. A Tournament byes should never restrict an innocent participant. Plain and simple. Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
12
alexisawesomfdfe on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
Dont do pvp if you dont like how its layed out thats why i drop my alt in if i see the tourny has a odd number so that everyone has a match :) also someone gets a free win
it is not a free win. you must not have read any thing. it's not a free win at all. read what people write.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
12
jakehjk3 on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
Smh. Clearly I know I don't have to pvp. Everything I wrote I wrote for a reason, and a legit reason. People have been upset about this topic longer than you have played thus game. A Tournament byes should never restrict an innocent participant. Plain and simple. Right is right, and wrong is wrong.
it happen to me today not happy

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
10
I agree. People who are granted a bye shouldn't be penalized for something they can't control. You should award full points for a win.... or don't let an odd number of people/teams join. I've also lost out on many first place wins because of being short on points due to a bye.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
11
Good way to put it Isabella! I completely agree!

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Thanks all who replied. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought it was totally wrong.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Once again, Not enough players for tournament granted a bye, losing out. So wrong KI.