Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP- to be or not to be.. boy does it need fixing.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
stormninja542 on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Your suggested option was to remove chat in the arena for EVERYONE. Try to make sure your ideas aren't selfish and related to everyone before mentioning them. I agree with this NEW idea of yours related to chat in the arena but I argued with you about your last idea which was taking chat out of the arena all together (which obviously was not well thought out). If those spells don't work for you then you are obviously using them incorrectly. If you are too lazy to learn how to use them correctly then find a new solution to your problems other than asking KI to remove or limit things all the time. I am not going to solve your problems simply because I don't feel like it and because you reject all of my solutions. So, I can tell you now, you are wasting your time with these nonsense ideas. I am positive if you would actually work hard to find counters to your pvp problems then you would not waste as much time as you are know, complaining endlessly. It's pretty fun how you tell me that I refuse to try. I simply find that hilarious since the only thing you try to do is complain and demand limitations. Not much effort to do that but I guess you are too lazy to put forth some real effort.
you do refuse to try. I have backed off on my efforts, tried looking at things in different ways trying to offer different options in place of old ones. That shows I am very willing to try and compromise, you on the other hand are stuck in your ways and see to think you know everything there is to know.

and honestly you call me lazy, but you don't even try to think about what I say before you open your mouth again.

if I am having trouble with pvp with SIX different wizards of varying levels despite having the proclaimed most ideal gear for them without having to spend thousands upon thousands for things like jade gear, then there is something clearly off about PvP.

despite what you may think I am a very fair person and I have given PvP many chances. So don't act as if I have never given it a chance because it's wrong. "Oh you're doing it wrong" Seriously? there is only one way described by the guides to play a character of a certain level in the best way for someone of that level. If I am having issues, your first thought is to blame the user and not a flawed system or a potentially flawed guide? pathetic.

What I am trying to do is get King's Isle to try and compromise on things that a lot of people have issues with. That isn't exactly complaining. But then you see everything opposed to your perfect view of PvP as complaining.

I really don't see why I should have to put up with the garbage you post day in and out because you seem to think you know better than me despite the fact I've been actively trying to use the bets knowledge I could to the best of my abilities. So I am just going to ignore you from now on. I honestly do not care what you have to say because you never post anything constructive.

Don't even bother posting here again because I'm not even going to bother reading it or replying to you.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Aaron SpellThief on May 24, 2014 wrote:
If you really want to not see the chat, turn chat bubbles off and close the chat box. It's that simple.
there is no option "turn off the chat bubbles" that is the point of my first suggestion.

the option that says "block pvp chat" doesn't really work.
I have tried it out, but it doesn't really help at all.
hence why we should be given an option to be able to tune out everyone's messages, or filter it to friends only

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 24, 2014 wrote:
there is no option "turn off the chat bubbles" that is the point of my first suggestion.

the option that says "block pvp chat" doesn't really work.
I have tried it out, but it doesn't really help at all.
hence why we should be given an option to be able to tune out everyone's messages, or filter it to friends only
Actually, there is. Press escape, go to gameplay options, and change chat balloons to hide. Close your text box, and you can't see spectator chat. I'm not sure if you can see your friends' chat or not, but either way, a way to not see the chat is already in the game.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Aaron SpellThief on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Actually, there is. Press escape, go to gameplay options, and change chat balloons to hide. Close your text box, and you can't see spectator chat. I'm not sure if you can see your friends' chat or not, but either way, a way to not see the chat is already in the game.
hm.. no you cannot.

so adding a third option so that you only see the bubbles from friends would be a decent addition to the game.

hooray for compromise

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on May 24, 2014 wrote:
you do refuse to try. I have backed off on my efforts, tried looking at things in different ways trying to offer different options in place of old ones. That shows I am very willing to try and compromise, you on the other hand are stuck in your ways and see to think you know everything there is to know.

and honestly you call me lazy, but you don't even try to think about what I say before you open your mouth again.

if I am having trouble with pvp with SIX different wizards of varying levels despite having the proclaimed most ideal gear for them without having to spend thousands upon thousands for things like jade gear, then there is something clearly off about PvP.

despite what you may think I am a very fair person and I have given PvP many chances. So don't act as if I have never given it a chance because it's wrong. "Oh you're doing it wrong" Seriously? there is only one way described by the guides to play a character of a certain level in the best way for someone of that level. If I am having issues, your first thought is to blame the user and not a flawed system or a potentially flawed guide? pathetic.

What I am trying to do is get King's Isle to try and compromise on things that a lot of people have issues with. That isn't exactly complaining. But then you see everything opposed to your perfect view of PvP as complaining.

I really don't see why I should have to put up with the garbage you post day in and out because you seem to think you know better than me despite the fact I've been actively trying to use the bets knowledge I could to the best of my abilities. So I am just going to ignore you from now on. I honestly do not care what you have to say because you never post anything constructive.

Don't even bother posting here again because I'm not even going to bother reading it or replying to you.
Just because YOU struggle doesn't mean we have to make a bunch of changes to satisfy your struggle in pvp. If you are struggling on six different wizards and have the gear needed for each of your characters then there is obviously something wrong with your strategy and/or deck setup. If YOU are struggling with pvp and no one else or very few have those same struggles then yes, it is the user's fault. Everyone wants to blame their problems in pvp on KI for the most pathetic reasons. "Oh I am struggling in pvp but I have the right gear so I will assume it's KI's fault." It's obviously your deck setup and strategy as I already said. Your entire topic is garbage. You are simply throwing junk at us about how pvp should be removed for the sake of satisfying yourself and how it is supposedly impossible to rank up in pvp. If you struggle as much as you do complain then I highly doubt you put any effort into getting better at pvp. Instead of giving us all these pointless posts about how you are struggling in pvp and aren't even going to tell us how or why, then come up with a new idea for the game and put an end to these poor excuses for ideas. Oh and btw, removing chat completely in the arena, severely limiting tc in the arena, or removing pvp altogether is no where near any sort of compromise.