Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP System is BROKE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
1
This is not a fair system. Over Powered cash players rule it, Pvp dose not go by level and rank. Its based on rank alone, so these cash players are staying in low rank so they can kill all who join any PvP area in the game. In other words don't give them the pleasure. Stop playing pvp until they fix it.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
420demon on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
This is not a fair system. Over Powered cash players rule it, Pvp dose not go by level and rank. Its based on rank alone, so these cash players are staying in low rank so they can kill all who join any PvP area in the game. In other words don't give them the pleasure. Stop playing pvp until they fix it.
best stuff for pvp is bought with tickets for winning and ranking up. cash $ does not apply to this except being a member of the game :-)

my 10 warlord has beaten many level 40's private's and i have lost to a level 5's just depends on what you do. It's usually a loss to a balance because at level 10 as a life i dont have tower blocks i have to but them and with a side deck of only 8 cards its very limited i put in 3 -55 towers that leaves me a few cards to hit with not many options. There is no point to be low level ranked to win because a win is 28 tickets if you are a warlord. the lower your rank the less tickets you get per win. Them 5-8k ticket items come much faster 28 per win vs like 11-14 per win at lower rank. If your losing most of your matches might want to eval why :)

anyways I dont support your don't pvp posting

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
420demon on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
This is not a fair system. Over Powered cash players rule it, Pvp dose not go by level and rank. Its based on rank alone, so these cash players are staying in low rank so they can kill all who join any PvP area in the game. In other words don't give them the pleasure. Stop playing pvp until they fix it.
That's not true, I didn't use any crowns and my balance is sitting at 1,600 rank. Strategy is the key to winning.

Good luck.
Wolf Legend

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
That's not true, I didn't use any crowns and my balance is sitting at 1,600 rank. Strategy is the key to winning.

Good luck.
Wolf Legend
then you're the exception, not the rule.

the op is right: people who pvpay up do rule the arena~ overpowered crowns items, mastery amulets... the fact that a level 10 can spend crowns and get critical hits or mana burn (which my level 90 wizard actually had to complete a long and tedious quest chain to get) is insulting to me.

spending real money is not a strategy.
immunity is not strategy.
crying nerf is not a strategy.

perhaps it's my fault that i didn't start pvp at level 30, or even 50, with my first wizard. the majority of people seem to start at level 5 with expensive crowns items, rank up easily and grab the warlord gear, which gives them a huge advantage over someone just starting out. by the time they get to level 10, they have the best gear and the best pets... in that gear, a level 30 wizard has better stats than a level 90, and puts a level 30 who's new at a severe disadvantage.

getting pvp gear is like getting a promotion... you can't get it unless you've ranked up, but how are you supposed to rank up if your opponents already have such a huge advantage straight out of the gate?

(it's the wizard version of "i can't get a job because i don't have experience because i can't get a job because i don't have experience...": it's a vicious cycle that you have to be either rich or stubborn to get out of).

/my 2 cents, for what they are worth.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Dr Von on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
then you're the exception, not the rule.

the op is right: people who pvpay up do rule the arena~ overpowered crowns items, mastery amulets... the fact that a level 10 can spend crowns and get critical hits or mana burn (which my level 90 wizard actually had to complete a long and tedious quest chain to get) is insulting to me.

spending real money is not a strategy.
immunity is not strategy.
crying nerf is not a strategy.

perhaps it's my fault that i didn't start pvp at level 30, or even 50, with my first wizard. the majority of people seem to start at level 5 with expensive crowns items, rank up easily and grab the warlord gear, which gives them a huge advantage over someone just starting out. by the time they get to level 10, they have the best gear and the best pets... in that gear, a level 30 wizard has better stats than a level 90, and puts a level 30 who's new at a severe disadvantage.

getting pvp gear is like getting a promotion... you can't get it unless you've ranked up, but how are you supposed to rank up if your opponents already have such a huge advantage straight out of the gate?

(it's the wizard version of "i can't get a job because i don't have experience because i can't get a job because i don't have experience...": it's a vicious cycle that you have to be either rich or stubborn to get out of).

/my 2 cents, for what they are worth.
My balance started off as a new account (in other words no good pet) finally got a double defense pet but that did NOT have a heal. With this 8&4 defense pet I went and bought gear from the bazaar that gives like 5 resist from the hat, 5 from robes, and 4 from boots. With this in my path..or on my body.. I went to employ my different strategies to the arena. Of course I had help with my beginning strategy, but later I tweaked it better to suit my needs. (I don't max judge I find it cheap and it doesn't work from second) There are plenty of no crowns builds that you can find on places like Duelist101. And I sympathize with you about the high level thing..and trust me, I do NOT have better stats than a level 90 (mostly cause I do not have critical) but I kinda wimped out on high level PvP cause of the 500 critical thing racing around the arena. It just takes more skill to fight at level 90 than at level 30..until you get to around my rank, then its just as hard. (cause I fight enemies with critical and I can't block) the only thing I spend crowns on at this point is tourneys. And those are so much fun.

Good luck, I hope you succeed with your PvP
Wolf Legend

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
420demon on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
This is not a fair system. Over Powered cash players rule it, Pvp dose not go by level and rank. Its based on rank alone, so these cash players are staying in low rank so they can kill all who join any PvP area in the game. In other words don't give them the pleasure. Stop playing pvp until they fix it.
Pvp System is Broken*
Honestly, it takes about a third of a second to type that extra letter.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
My balance started off as a new account (in other words no good pet) finally got a double defense pet but that did NOT have a heal. With this 8&4 defense pet I went and bought gear from the bazaar that gives like 5 resist from the hat, 5 from robes, and 4 from boots. With this in my path..or on my body.. I went to employ my different strategies to the arena. Of course I had help with my beginning strategy, but later I tweaked it better to suit my needs. (I don't max judge I find it cheap and it doesn't work from second) There are plenty of no crowns builds that you can find on places like Duelist101. And I sympathize with you about the high level thing..and trust me, I do NOT have better stats than a level 90 (mostly cause I do not have critical) but I kinda wimped out on high level PvP cause of the 500 critical thing racing around the arena. It just takes more skill to fight at level 90 than at level 30..until you get to around my rank, then its just as hard. (cause I fight enemies with critical and I can't block) the only thing I spend crowns on at this point is tourneys. And those are so much fun.

Good luck, I hope you succeed with your PvP
Wolf Legend
oh gosh, i don't pvp anymore~ my level 23 pyromancer was a 1st-age sergeant. but, after she got paired with a level 60 warlord (at the beginning of the second age), i decided that enough was enough.

about 6 months ago, though, my level 90 balance private and 2 other promethean friends (ice private and storm warlord) faced off against same-level life/death warlords and an ice captain. we went in with a plan and we won quickly, but the other team played hard as well and it was a blast~ sportsmanship in the arena is rarer than tartarus dropped gear, so trading tips with and offering pet-hatching help to our opponents after the fight was pretty awesome.

if i ever rejoin the ranks of those arena folk, i hope to run into you sometime.



-sergeant von of the u.s.s. awesomesauce.

90 and
81
62
40 and
23

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
8
I also think something is wrong with the system. It is not fair to have privates facing warlords and it not like they're mixing up the ranks. No, every time i end up facing a warlord. When doing team battles my whole team are privates while the opponents are all warlords using high level treasure cards. I think they should just have people going against their own rank.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
1320Wraith on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Pvp System is Broken*
Honestly, it takes about a third of a second to type that extra letter.
Lol. Yep. If he didn't hit the caps lock button, he could of got it in.

Anyways, saying people who pay real money rule the arena is stereotypical. Many people have never spent crowns in their life and are warlords. Other people spend hours farming bosses for crowns gear, including mastery amulets. Plot twist, I am not a warlord, I fail at pvp just as much as anybody else. I do not spend money on crowns gear, so yea. Like I said, I am a private with under 500 ranking, I don't blame crowns users, even though I am still mad at that jade user who kept spamming heals, he was a private though, who had more losses than wins.