Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Rant

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Over the past week i been trying to get my grandmaster's rank up. While doing so i have found many problems with not the game but people themselves.

Stunning- I am a ice wizard, my most powerful spell, Frost Giant, can do with blades 1000 to everyplayer and stun. I have been called a cheater cause i use stuns. Do they really expect me to not use my most powerful spell cause it can stun?, that would give myth fire balance life and death advantages. Another thing, i am called cheater even though there is no cheating what so ever, i dont see a sign in the area that says stuns are prohibited. Cheating would be in this case hacking the game, all i do is stun and i really cant chain stun due to ice's stun card is single targeting. Stunning if more of luck and stratgy, 1. Do note that all stuns have 70% accuracy, that is the same as all storms, people complain about storm fizzing and complain about stuns hitting, THEY HAVE THE SAME HIT CHANCE. 2. There is some good luck in there cause to get all your stun cards in your hand at one time is not a easy task. 3. You arnt loosing your cards in your hand, it basicly just gives you a pip, so you might be able to fire off 2 strong spells right after eachother once stunning is over. I just pvped with these two who called me cheating cause i used ice giant and my only card i could use left in my hand was in fact stun. My partner in the pvp was fire and used choke a lot. They threatend to put are names one the wizard101central forum ( that dosnt even do anything, names are generated so there are probably 40 other Benjamin Iceshards out there ). What they need to do is next update put a pvp notice that informs about the stratagy of stunning in pvp and how it is NOT cheating its more of luck.

Myth's Level 48 pet- ( this came to my attention in pvp thats why its here ) I noticed that myth's pet is the only one that gives a stronger new card, that doesnt make sence cause myth does good damage and that isnt their problem. Ice and Life need a stronger attack spells due to weak damage, Ice needs a better Frost Giant due to it being their strongest card ( and yet that still isnt that strong ) and the stronger colossus isnt that strong anyway. Life needs a stronger centaur so they can actualy do damage for once. Myth needs a stronger earthquake cause that doesnt do much damage.
That dosent make much sence to me.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Yes I believe you are totally right, there is no problem with stunning at all if you only use it once. By using it multiple times it makes the opposite team vulnerable to any high level attack with massive damage and drop the wizard's rank. Those who call you cheater for using Frost Giant are wrong, since as you said, its your most powerful spell in 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Now to answer to your specific points:

1. Stuns can have more than 70% accuracy, they are called treasure cards. Most stuns used in PvP to chain stuns usually have 80%+ accuracy.

2. Chain Stunners use treasure cards stuns thus they can get their stun any turn they want by just discarding one of their non-useful cards.

3. Yes you are right, people will attack powerfully when stuns are over. I actually see lots of Chain Stunners losing in the arena because when they fizzle they are left with consecutive powerful attacks. Still, how would you like it if you worked months to get to Warlord rank and in a matter of days you go down all the way to Captain rank due to stuns?

Stuns are legit. That is a fact. I laugh every time I go see a battle, where in the last few days have all included chain stuns, and someone says "I am going to report *insert opponent's name here* for chain stunning". I feel bad and sorry for the team been chain stunned as I bet they worked hard to get to where they are. But whatever, legit or not, people that chain stun (which I consider been 3 or more stuns in a row not 2 since accidents can happen) do not have PvP moral.

Now about the Myth pet... Have you realized that Orthus only hits one enemy while Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Scarecrow, Fire Dragon, Power Nova hit every opponent. It is only fair that because of that little (biiiig!) detail, Myth gets a better card with it's pet. As for the Life pet and the card it gives, that one I might agree with you. It makes no sense at all.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
sirturmund wrote:
Yes I believe you are totally right, there is no problem with stunning at all if you only use it once. By using it multiple times it makes the opposite team vulnerable to any high level attack with massive damage and drop the wizard's rank. Those who call you cheater for using Frost Giant are wrong, since as you said, its your most powerful spell in 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Now to answer to your specific points:

1. Stuns can have more than 70% accuracy, they are called treasure cards. Most stuns used in PvP to chain stuns usually have 80%+ accuracy.

Fire school has a spell called "Choke" it has 80% accuracy,and stuns all enemies BUT it costs 2 pips, so with some schools (or at least fire) the stunning really only wastes your own turn.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I have recently been called "cheap" for HEALING during a practice PVP, so stuns are not the only spells which have, apparently, developed an irrational stigma. So, now we are not supposed to use stuns, or heals during a duel?

I hate to bring this up, but for some classes, stuns and heals are WHAT THEY DO!

What's next? Will it suddenly become "cheating" for a myth wizard to summon a minion in 2x2? Or will it become "noob" for a storm wizard to use Tempest (a.k.a. Public Enemy Number One) or a balance wizard to use Judgement (which isn't all that great, IMHO)?

I happen to hate when people use Tower Shields and Weakness, but that doesn't mean I think their use should be banned or frowned upon. Instead, I try to get a few of those spells in my own deck. I don't even see a problem with using Treasure Cards- even in Ranked Matches. These cards are available to anyone willing to spend the time or coin to obtain them.

Wizards should use whatever means are at their disposal during a duel, and not feel guilty about it.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
No, they don't waste a turn with "choke" because at their level they'll be getting power pips on every turn. I've seeing some people now who have 90% power pip chance thanks to the pvp gear.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Perosonally, as long the stuns don't chain, I'm ok with the stun spells. As for the chain stunning, the only time I truly mind it is when you have teams of wizards who exploit it to wipe out everyone's ranking and fun. This is a game, not a war; it needs to be fun and fair for both sides.

When I say fair I mean as in where both sides are equal, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE POWER AND ABILITIES OF THE SPELLS! Yes, chain stunning is legal but it is unfair because no other spells can compare to their overall strength in matches.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
lol, it's so funny to see people saying chain stunning cheating. Is it annoying? Heck ya. But it's not cheating. It's kinda like camping in an fps game. Everyone hates it, but it's not technically cheating.

Tempest is annoying though. A higher level storm wizard one-hit me with that, when I was at max health. I was not happy.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I keep ranting buit it seems no one is doing anything about it. I never use stun I'm fire type. I now only use fire dispell because I'm in Dragonspyre. I used to use choke when I was lower level but not in pvp.

I'm high level my problem is in open matches I end up with the weaklings against grandmasters. My rank is horrible and I don't know how the fire level 50 pyromancers in the top 100 got their score. Do they have good friends? Probably! I don't have many friends who want to pvp and when we do we lose. I think I only won when with friends who are high life and storm. Me and my friend Cameon have to wait until our friend who is storm gets to level 48 so she gets Storm Lord. That is my only rant. Put me on the good teams.

I don't think it is matched according to rank because my rank is lower than everyone else's.

Someone tell me if they have any lower than 396.

Regards,

Mary Windstrider Level 46 Pyromancer