Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Ranks [Level System]

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 17, 2009
So, After doing PvP for a long, long time.
Thinking about how KingsIsle can make it so people aren't level 90 warlords cause they were warlords at level 10, I think I finally got it.
Reply as you wish to my idea but do not be hateful, mean, or abusive, if someone suggests something, Do not start a argument with the person thank you all! So here's my idea:

Ranks will now come with different Warlords, so for the example the badges will now say:
Transcendent Warlord, Promethean Warlord, Initiate Warlord, Journeyman Warlord.
To rephrase this so no one will think the warlord part will come out after your current level, Basically the badges will now be in different slots for your rank instead of just one PvP Warlord badge, So if you PvP at
Level 15-19 and you get Warlord there, Your badges will unlock/update depending on what you do. So if you get
to Knight at level 15-19 but then level up to 20, Your next level with unlock a new badge, but you will keep your old badge but you can't level it anymore, It will stay at "Journeyman Knight"
So the ranks will go like this:
Novice Warlord
Apprentice Warlord
Initiate Warlord
Journeyman Warlord
Adept Warlord
Magus Warlord
Master Warlord
Grandmaster Warlord
Legendary Warlord
Transcendent Warlord
Archmage Warlord
Promethean Warlord

So there's my ideas, Reply to this post to tell me your ideas!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Not a bad idea... I like! It would stop people from "quitting" PvP at level 10 and becoming insta-warlords without the actual effort.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
MiguelThefirst on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Thinking about how KingsIsle can make it so people aren't level 90 warlords cause they were warlords at level 10, I think I finally got it.
Reply as you wish to my idea but do not be hateful, mean, or abusive, if someone suggests something, Do not start a argument with the person thank you all! So here's my idea:

Ranks will now come with different Warlords, so for the example the badges will now say:
To rephrase this so no one will think the warlord part will come out after your current level, Basically the badges will now be in different slots for your rank instead of just one PvP Warlord badge, So if you PvP at
Level 15-19 and you get Warlord there, Your badges will unlock/update depending on what you do. So if you get
to Knight at level 15-19 but then level up to 20, Your next level with unlock a new badge, but you will keep your old badge but you can't level it anymore, It will stay at "Journeyman Knight"
Novice Warlord
Apprentice Warlord
Initiate Warlord
Journeyman Warlord
Adept Warlord
Magus Warlord
Master Warlord
Grandmaster Warlord
Legendary Warlord
Transcendent Warlord
Archmage Warlord
Promethean Warlord

Very clever Idea. A couple of questions. Will your wins and losses reset themselves when you go up to the next level? Do you think it would be a good Idea to have a separate section for each tier on the leaderboards?

I recently created a thread about having tiers for PvP and I think that your idea is something that would intergrate into it really well (Ranked level matching). Go check it out if you have time.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
MiguelThefirst on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:

Novice Warlord
Apprentice Warlord
Initiate Warlord
Journeyman Warlord
Adept Warlord
Magus Warlord
Master Warlord
Grandmaster Warlord
Legendary Warlord
Transcendent Warlord
Archmage Warlord
Promethean Warlord

I think this is a great idea. @ghost stone, I don't think it should have level tiers but the wins losses reset sounds like a viable option.

Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I think this is a great idea. @ghost stone, I don't think it should have level tiers but the wins losses reset sounds like a viable option.

Wolf Skullslinger
I didn't think about resetting the Wins-Loss ratio, but thank you guys for the idea!
I guess the best way to set the Wins-Lose ratio reset would only be through player option, But you get only one reset per 10 levels, And they do NOT stack, I think adding a button in the PvP section in player stats would be better off then new badges cause that would add a total of 9 badges,[There will be one badge that you select as your PvP badge as it currently is, but it will update as you select your rank so it will only show the last rank you chose] So not only will you select your rank badge from the PvP stats menu, You get the option to reset your Wins-Loss ratio.

Any other ideas will be appreciated guys! Thanks

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I don't see the point of this...it could even be a negative addition to the game. For instance, my level 33 balance is a warlord with enough tickets to buy the glendemming gear. Once I level to 50, I plan on getting it. If this system were implemented, then I would be ranked back down to private at level 50. This would mean I could not get the warlord gear, and might not be able to rank back to warlord. This could make many people extremely unhappy, and because of this would probably not be implemented into the game.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
MiguelThefirst on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I didn't think about resetting the Wins-Loss ratio, but thank you guys for the idea!
I guess the best way to set the Wins-Lose ratio reset would only be through player option, But you get only one reset per 10 levels, And they do NOT stack, I think adding a button in the PvP section in player stats would be better off then new badges cause that would add a total of 9 badges,[There will be one badge that you select as your PvP badge as it currently is, but it will update as you select your rank so it will only show the last rank you chose] So not only will you select your rank badge from the PvP stats menu, You get the option to reset your Wins-Loss ratio.

Any other ideas will be appreciated guys! Thanks
I see what you are saying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When you go up to the next level your rank will be reset to 500 but your win loss ratio will remain the same unless you choose to reset it?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
I don't see the point of this...it could even be a negative addition to the game. For instance, my level 33 balance is a warlord with enough tickets to buy the glendemming gear. Once I level to 50, I plan on getting it. If this system were implemented, then I would be ranked back down to private at level 50. This would mean I could not get the warlord gear, and might not be able to rank back to warlord. This could make many people extremely unhappy, and because of this would probably not be implemented into the game.
I think this is why they want to implement it; so people can't rank at a lower level and take advantage of that by just leveling up.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Its not that we don't work for our badges at our level, we just find max level warlord unfun. I dislike this idea.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
I think this is why they want to implement it; so people can't rank at a lower level and take advantage of that by just leveling up.
If I couldn't get my warlord gear from leveling up my balance because I have the tickets and the rank, then I would be mad. Many people have gotten their warlord gear this way. It would be unfair to the people that have not gotten the warlord gear yet. If this was implemented, my balance, once I level him up, would be stuck in commander gear fighting people the same level, possibly higher, with warlord gear. Tell me..how would this be fair?

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Just thought of this, now the overachiever could have 9 different Warlord badges! Assuming its 10 level tiers.

Waiting to see it,
Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Aaron SpellThief on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
Aaron your looking at this in a point completely centered on yourself, That's one of the things that I'm trying to stop, I'm not saying this to anger people specifically, But you don't deserve level 50 gear if you earned it at level 30, That's why there is level 30 gear from diego that you can buy. Get it from there, If you are level 50, You have to get back up to Warlord to earn it to show you actually deserve it, If not these kind of things might as well be hand-outs.
You might as well be telling me "My other character has full Hades gear, Give me my full Hades gear for my level 33 when he is Promethean without me having to farm it." No, You earn those kind of things, You don't get new amazing gear cause you did great as a lower level, You get your current level gear form excelling at your current level.
That's another flaw yet in PvP that you made me notice, If you level up past 50 and already bought the Glendenning gear.
As for anyone who doesn't like this idea, It's point isn't to stop people from being Warlord, They can be Warlord, it will just show what level they were Warlord at, I don't think you should have a Warlord badge at Promethean if you earned it at Novice. Show your true potential and skill, This is for the master PvPer's, They are the only ones who can master all levels, If you can't handle that, then just carry your "Promethean Warlord" or "Novice Warlord" with honor and represent that you can earn a Warlord badge at that level.
Final things for me to say:
Earn your Warlord.
Earn your gear, Not bypass the rules with simple minded tricks that are overlooked.
Show your rank and skill.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
Just thought of this, now the overachiever could have 9 different Warlord badges! Assuming its 10 level tiers.

Waiting to see it,
Wolf Skullslinger
If you use the scale he gave at the top it would be 12 different tiers. Maybe there could be an extra special badge for the guy who levels up to 90 and gets warlord for every tier on the way up.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I don't see a issue with the way it currently is. I dislike this idea, sorry.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Ghost stone on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
If you use the scale he gave at the top it would be 12 different tiers. Maybe there could be an extra special badge for the guy who levels up to 90 and gets warlord for every tier on the way up.
Yeah I see, my mistake, I meant to say that I assume it would not be like the following:

Novice (4 levels)
Apprentice (4 levels
Initiate (4 levels)
Journeyman (4 levels)
Adept (10 levels)
Magus (10 levels)
Etc.

I assume it would be more like:

1-10
11-20
21-30
Etc.

Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I see, my mistake, I meant to say that I assume it would not be like the following:

Novice (4 levels)
Apprentice (4 levels
Initiate (4 levels)
Journeyman (4 levels)
Adept (10 levels)
Magus (10 levels)
Etc.

I assume it would be more like:

1-10
11-20
21-30
Etc.

Wolf Skullslinger
Yes you're right, That's a wrong doing on my part, I wasn't thinking that much when I named the levels, every 10 levels would be better off, No ticket resets upon level up, Rank reset, and win-lose ratio set is available to players on their own choice, [1 per 10 levels and no stacking the resets], You must be the rank you want to use the gear, [So if you have a warlord item, you must be warlord again to use it, otherwise it wouldn't make sense], Current PvP badge is also selected at PvP info screen on your book [When your press C]
The reason I say, "you must be the rank you want to use the gear" is because it isn't much right if a Private can use Warlord gear cause they earned it earlier on, yes they earned it before, but what use is it if you can just repeat your strategy once more and get to warlord with ease? There's no fun in that :]
If players want something, they earn it.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
MiguelThefirst on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Yes you're right, That's a wrong doing on my part, I wasn't thinking that much when I named the levels, every 10 levels would be better off, No ticket resets upon level up, Rank reset, and win-lose ratio set is available to players on their own choice, [1 per 10 levels and no stacking the resets], You must be the rank you want to use the gear, [So if you have a warlord item, you must be warlord again to use it, otherwise it wouldn't make sense], Current PvP badge is also selected at PvP info screen on your book [When your press C]
The reason I say, "you must be the rank you want to use the gear" is because it isn't much right if a Private can use Warlord gear cause they earned it earlier on, yes they earned it before, but what use is it if you can just repeat your strategy once more and get to warlord with ease? There's no fun in that :]
Agreed, I would be fine leveling up with a rank reset as long as I kept my tickets. Example is Warlord gear: they get Warlord at level 10 with enough tickets (not saying its bad) then level up. I like your idea Miguel! I don't have high hopes that it will be implemented though

Good idea keep em' coming,
Wolf Skullslinger

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
MiguelThefirst on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
I second this. I also think it is a great idea.