Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Player vs. Pets?

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
Okay, treasure cards are one thing, and most people can at least take advantage of the various opportunities (fair or not) that treasure cards provide (that is, regardless of level/time spent in game.)

But I can no longer count how many times i've lost in one hit to a pet. Sure, you can say ward this, tower that, etc; but the fact is not all players have these options available to them, myself included.

Regardless of how KI views 'balanced' pvp, where is the logic in a pvp rank/rating that is only reached through the amount of time/money spent leveling a pet?

Long story short, the pet's ability should not be a determining factor or have any effect thereof in deciding pvp ability of the player.

This is player vs. player right? not player vs. pet? maybe i'm mistaken.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
I think pets should be buffed and get rid of treasure cards if you ask me. Wizard101s lay out for PvP is like how some trading card games work out, and to be able to draw a card that you would need almost instantly is insanely unfair. But for some reason in Wizard101 it is viewed as very good, The pet factor is great because it is random it isn't like treasure cards where you can just easily go to the bazaar buy hundreds of treasure cards and PvP. With a pet you have to actually put time and effort in to get the results, treasure carding is just using a short cut to win a PvP and not really trying to use your own wits to win, However if you want an advantage in the arena you should have to work for it, and nothing is harder in wizard101 then getting a perfect pet for PvP. I would rather see no shortcuts, and if you want to win you should have to win by your own skill not another school's spell that you simply bought. So ya i really think the exact opposite pets are great.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
116
While I do not agree with this completely, I will say this.

I totally respect the power pets have. Legendaries have worked hard for their judgements and forest lords and scarecrows. They fought a boss and had the wits and power to win. End of story with that.

However, crowns pets is a whole other problem.

Is it my fault that my mom refuses to let me buy crowns, even with my own money? Is it my fault that I don't have twenty-odd dollars to spend on virtual stuff that will not affect my life in any way? No. I bought my balance house with gold, and the loss of gold impacted me greatly in the game, but in real life it made zero difference. If I have ten dollars I may spend it on a membership-- a fun activity I can enjoy-- but I'm not going to spend it on a pet!

It just irks me so much when people have these fancy crowns pets that cast feint and sprite and give all sorts of blades and resists and boosts and give 10 billion cards and mana. Like I said, if you worked to earn a pet (by farming, quest, whatever) then it's yours and kudos to you. But pets are way, way overpowered.

Thanks for reading my little novel there, and I apologize if my rant got off topic at times. :-P Just trying to get my overkill point across.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

Rylee AshHeart
Level 8 Fire

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
67
I think pets in pvp is the same as everything else. People have to work hard to get awesome talents for there pets, some people train multiple pets to adult just to try to get spritely. Crown pets and most crown items bug me though. In the past people who were the same level as me would have better stuff cause theypaid like twenty bucks for crowns. I respect the people who work for what they want, like how some people get sea dragon pets as a drop opposed to others who paid ten bucks. Sorry, getting of topic. Anyways, pets have just a right to be in the arena just as all our other equipment.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
classact21 wrote:
Okay, treasure cards are one thing, and most people can at least take advantage of the various opportunities (fair or not) that treasure cards provide (that is, regardless of level/time spent in game.)

But I can no longer count how many times i've lost in one hit to a pet. Sure, you can say ward this, tower that, etc; but the fact is not all players have these options available to them, myself included.

Regardless of how KI views 'balanced' pvp, where is the logic in a pvp rank/rating that is only reached through the amount of time/money spent leveling a pet?

Long story short, the pet's ability should not be a determining factor or have any effect thereof in deciding pvp ability of the player.

This is player vs. player right? not player vs. pet? maybe i'm mistaken.


I know! One time my opponent was doing nothing the whole time, just sitting there and waiting while collecting pips... then BAM! Pet uses a Heckhound! I don't like pets. Especially since you have to insert real money to completely level up a pet in under 6 months. I know you can get Mega Snacks in the Waterworks, but you have to insert real money to buy the subscription to get there. Well, I guess you can get Mega Snacks from gardening, but those plants that give them cost real money, and Maelstrom Snapdragons are hard to take care of. Crowns vs. Money. No matter what you do you spend money.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Crown Pets?

Did you know, that every pet out there, can be gotten with gold? That, or you can actually get them as drops from bosses!!!

Yes, it is a marvelous thing... You go to the Hatchery, this is a place that you take an adult pet... You find someone with a pet that you want... Hopefully, it has talents you want also... You can hatch them together with gold and have a chance at getting their pet...

So, not sure what the real complaint is about crown pets....

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
116
darthjt wrote:
Crown Pets?

Did you know, that every pet out there, can be gotten with gold? That, or you can actually get them as drops from bosses!!!

Yes, it is a marvelous thing... You go to the Hatchery, this is a place that you take an adult pet... You find someone with a pet that you want... Hopefully, it has talents you want also... You can hatch them together with gold and have a chance at getting their pet...

So, not sure what the real complaint is about crown pets....


The complaint about crown pets is that people that have done zero work for them have pets that give feint and spritely. I say again, if someone spends in-game gold to hatch or farms a boss then they worked for their pet and it's theirs. I'm just sick of seeing these little adepts and magi running around with ancient sea dragons (regardless of whether or not they got them from their other characters) that have spritely and feint and etc. etc. etc. I love my hydra pet to death but so far all it gives is power pips and a selfish talent, and I worked hard for that thing! It just makes me feel sick (as much as I can feel sick about a video game...) that with a push of a button people have these super-powerful pets.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

Rylee AshHeart
Level 8 Fire

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
cookiejar42 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Crown Pets?

Did you know, that every pet out there, can be gotten with gold? That, or you can actually get them as drops from bosses!!!

Yes, it is a marvelous thing... You go to the Hatchery, this is a place that you take an adult pet... You find someone with a pet that you want... Hopefully, it has talents you want also... You can hatch them together with gold and have a chance at getting their pet...

So, not sure what the real complaint is about crown pets....


The complaint about crown pets is that people that have done zero work for them have pets that give feint and spritely. I say again, if someone spends in-game gold to hatch or farms a boss then they worked for their pet and it's theirs. I'm just sick of seeing these little adepts and magi running around with ancient sea dragons (regardless of whether or not they got them from their other characters) that have spritely and feint and etc. etc. etc. I love my hydra pet to death but so far all it gives is power pips and a selfish talent, and I worked hard for that thing! It just makes me feel sick (as much as I can feel sick about a video game...) that with a push of a button people have these super-powerful pets.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

Rylee AshHeart
Level 8 Fire


With all due respect, I think you're over reacting. I have about 6 sea dragons. 2 of them gives spitely, 10 resist, and 6 boost to all school. In addition, I have 4 seraph pets, one of which gives: may cast pierce, and 2 boosr, and the other gives: may cast pierce, pierce card, and 6 resist to all school. That's not all, I have 2 frontier dragons, one of which may cast pierce and sprite, the other may cast sprite. All of these pets have pedigree of 67 and higher, but I'm sure that you may be thinking that I spent a lot of real money to get these amazing pets right?? Well I have spent ZERO real money to get any of them. I used to think, just like you that the game favored people who, in addition to being member, could afford crowns. Because these people had an easier way of leveling their, and buying amazing new ones, i thought that they had the advantahe in pvp.

But I discocered FRIENSHIP. I wanted a sea dragon sooo bad, but i couldnt afford one, so i hatched with a friend of mine. I didnt get it the first 2 times, but i was questong celestia around the same time, and so gold was not a problem for me. I got the sea dragon the third time, and it had cool talents. Everyone else with good pets wanted to hatch with me, and that is how I got my seraphs, frontier dragons, etc... You may argue the fact that people who have crowns will have an easier time leveling up their pets, well, I have a friend of mine (in the game) who has 4 pets at epic, and he NEVER bought a single mega snack pack. Amazing, right?? wanna know his big secret??? WATEROWORKS, he does waterworks a lot, and so he's able to have TONS of mega snack. He even got most of the school amulet from there. He even farmed lifebforce blade. so he only pays for his sub.

So my point is, of course, people who spends money will have an easier time in the game, but that's the whole point of the game. If you are not "rich" enough, then you got a work hard for it; it's just like life...amazing!


Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
eggywig wrote:
I know! One time my opponent was doing nothing the whole time, just sitting there and waiting while collecting pips... then BAM! Pet uses a Heckhound! I don't like pets. Especially since you have to insert real money to completely level up a pet in under 6 months. I know you can get Mega Snacks in the Waterworks, but you have to insert real money to buy the subscription to get there. Well, I guess you can get Mega Snacks from gardening, but those plants that give them cost real money, and Maelstrom Snapdragons are hard to take care of. Crowns vs. Money. No matter what you do you spend money.


Ok. I just have to say... There are rank 6 pet snack recipes that are inexpensive in gold to craft, and can be crafted at a rate of approximately 3 per hour. If you have more than one wizard, that multiplies and you can transfer them through the shared bank. For your school of pet, these snacks provide 8 experience. With moderate skill at your game of choice and assuming a legendary and training for 15 minutes twice a day (morning and evening) you should be able to kick out at least 16 training sessions for at least 10 total experience per session, or in other words at least 160 experience per day. That means a pet from nothing to epic in about 2 weeks, tops. Its mindless and annoying, but no where near 6 months.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
thorvon65 wrote:
I think pets should be buffed and get rid of treasure cards if you ask me. Wizard101s lay out for PvP is like how some trading card games work out, and to be able to draw a card that you would need almost instantly is insanely unfair. But for some reason in Wizard101 it is viewed as very good, The pet factor is great because it is random it isn't like treasure cards where you can just easily go to the bazaar buy hundreds of treasure cards and PvP. With a pet you have to actually put time and effort in to get the results, treasure carding is just using a short cut to win a PvP and not really trying to use your own wits to win, However if you want an advantage in the arena you should have to work for it, and nothing is harder in wizard101 then getting a perfect pet for PvP. I would rather see no shortcuts, and if you want to win you should have to win by your own skill not another school's spell that you simply bought. So ya i really think the exact opposite pets are great.
I think both pets and treasure cards are necessary for pvp. Especially at mid-levels, if we're relying on only our trained spells, blades, traps, etc. then there would be a lot of matches of people bringing someone to half their life, that person healing, the other person healing, building up the damage again, and the process could continue until someone runs out of cards. Oh, but there's reshuffle for that. Treasure cards and pets are the aces in the hole. Btw, i use the rock pet and, besides stat boosts, the only spell it has is fortify. -A.Dd, pvp 'veteran', magus thaumaturgist

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
I see a lot of people talking about how if you've put the time and effort and money in to leveling or getting the pet, that completely justifies it.
Wrong.
Maybe if we were talking about the pet derby.
But this is player vs. player

The 'randomness' that you say pets bring in to pvp really isn't that random; when i cast Link (or any DoT) on someone their pet instantly covers it up with a Sprite. Now i've just provided my opponent a free self-heal, and wasted 2 pips. Cool story.
Every pet ive fought against (mostly, i refuse to say i fight players now) that was above adult has automatically covered up any DoT with an HoT that round.

And just because drawing the zilla card is 'random'... when you build 75% of your deck around stacking shields, absorb, tower shields, and pixies...it's not that difficult to just wait it out.

PvP is about who can get their 10 year old hands on the most advantages to curb your chance to win, rather than determining strategy or the theory crafting behind building good decks. I wish i knew this before i gave KI my money >.<

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Yeah... Pets are sooo unfair. You know what else is really unfair? Hats, I think all hats should be removed from pvp because I don't want to take the time to farm or craft one. I've seen hats with amazing talents and resist and sometimes really strong blades and such. It's like it's not even pvp with people wearing hats all the time, more like player vs player vs hats... KI please banish all those ultra powerful hats from the arena. Now that we're on the topic I think the unicorn spell needs to be taken out of pvp too, I see people with them in pvp and I don't have them and don't have the time to get the gold for them and that makes it really unfair. Please remove hats and unicorn cards from all pvp matches so it is fair ok ;)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
travisAk wrote:
Yeah... Pets are sooo unfair. You know what else is really unfair? Hats, I think all hats should be removed from pvp because I don't want to take the time to farm or craft one. I've seen hats with amazing talents and resist and sometimes really strong blades and such. It's like it's not even pvp with people wearing hats all the time, more like player vs player vs hats... KI please banish all those ultra powerful hats from the arena. Now that we're on the topic I think the unicorn spell needs to be taken out of pvp too, I see people with them in pvp and I don't have them and don't have the time to get the gold for them and that makes it really unfair. Please remove hats and unicorn cards from all pvp matches so it is fair ok ;)
LOL nice one. :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Pet, Hats, and Unicorns?

No, you got it all wrong, it's the rings and athames that need to go... They give health, they give healing boosts, they give stun block, they give damage boosts... Is there anything they don't do?


Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
I'm embarrassed to say I play a game that people who can't tell the difference between gear and pets are able to comprehend and play, as if it were the rounded toys in their padded room.

Just because you work hard and put time in to something doesnt mean you should be allowed to trade it to your level 5 and climb your way up to the rank of captain or higher.
For this reason, we aren't allowed to trade our pvp gear. Yet we can give a zilla to our noob toon and farm pvp all day and night.

Gear is level-based and restricted to certain level brackets as well. Not pets. I can't believe I had to take the time and explain the difference between something you wear that doesnt give you a 1-hit card, and a pet that does.

Stats are stats. Gear is gear. Skill is skill.
Pets are none of the above.
(except maybe that small percentage of stats ;)

Kids these days... if it's not obvious and spoon-fed to them, they can't understand it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
classact21 wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say I play a game that people who can't tell the difference between gear and pets are able to comprehend and play, as if it were the rounded toys in their padded room.

Just because you work hard and put time in to something doesnt mean you should be allowed to trade it to your level 5 and climb your way up to the rank of captain or higher.
For this reason, we aren't allowed to trade our pvp gear. Yet we can give a zilla to our noob toon and farm pvp all day and night.

Gear is level-based and restricted to certain level brackets as well. Not pets. I can't believe I had to take the time and explain the difference between something you wear that doesnt give you a 1-hit card, and a pet that does.

Stats are stats. Gear is gear. Skill is skill.
Pets are none of the above.
(except maybe that small percentage of stats ;)

Kids these days... if it's not obvious and spoon-fed to them, they can't understand it.


Did you know, probably don't, so I will enlighten you, but you can get treasure cards, such as:

Triton
Stormzilla
Firezilla
Fire Dragon
Skeletal Dragon
Scarecrow
Helephant
Colossus

And the list goes on and on...

Now, these treasure cards are can be bought easily at the bazaar... No work what so ever to obtain, just get the gold, and buy them...

Now, pets with cards and talents, they take time and work... You don't say, I wish my pet to be epic, or pay gold and wham, your pet is instantly epic, with all the talent you wish for... No, this does not happen...

Pets take a lot of time and effort, to get the talent you want, to get the type of pet you want... etc...

So, I am sorry, if your complaint does not hold up to the issues at hand... Just because you may not want to take the time and effort to get a good pet, does not mean that the people who do, don't deserve and have the right to use them...

If you don't know how to shield, which pets are easy to tell what spell card they may have, so I am sure you can easily figure out what shield you will need, then don't complain that it is unfair!

Stormzilla is a storm spell, a storm shield comes in quite handy...
Firezilla is a fire spell, a fire shield will protect you...
Should I continue, or can you finish your homework on your own?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
classact21 wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say I play a game that people who can't tell the difference between gear and pets are able to comprehend and play, as if it were the rounded toys in their padded room.

Actually you pet can be considered a piece of your gear and a valuable asset in PvP. Both gear and pets give stat boosts and attack cards. The only difference are the may cast talents which are fun and add a random aspect to dueling. The main difference is some people will take the time to customize a good pet through the hatching process and other people will come to the forums and complain about not having one even though clearly they have access to them.

classact21 wrote:
Just because you work hard and put time in to something doesnt mean you should be allowed to trade it to your level 5 and climb your way up to the rank of captain or higher.
For this reason, we aren't allowed to trade our pvp gear. Yet we can give a zilla to our noob toon and farm pvp all day and night.
Apparently you have no clue about pet system mechanics so let me enlighten you. Pets with attack cards are available through crowns, that means any player can get one. If a player does not have crowns they can get one with arena tickets from Diego outside the arena. Pets with attack cards can also be found as a drop All over the spiral....Incredible!?! Any player can access these pets... No Waay! Also if you feel like putting in some effort you can hatch with someone and get one of these pets. Wow there are all sorts of pets with attack cards that have not been "passed down" as you described on your tenth post.

classact21 wrote:
Gear is level-based and restricted to certain level brackets as well. Not pets. I can't believe I had to take the time and explain the difference between something you wear that doesnt give you a 1-hit card, and a pet that does.
Arena gear has no level restriction so once again your information is failing, many garments provide attack cards too.


Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
thorvon65 wrote:
...With a pet you have to actually put time and effort in to get the results, treasure carding is just using a short cut to win a PvP and not really trying to use your own wits to win, However if you want an advantage in the arena you should have to work for it, and nothing is harder in wizard101 then getting a perfect pet for PvP. I would rather see no shortcuts, and if you want to win you should have to win by your own skill not another school's spell that you simply bought. So ya i really think the exact opposite pets are great.


This is probably what annoys me most. I play wizard101 to pvp, not to pet train. Why should I spend months and months on my pet just to succeed in pvp? Take away shortcuts? There shouldn't be a need for shortcuts. If it was a perfect world, KI would program a separate game for pvp, where they give you your perfect pet, ww gear, crafted gear or whatever else you need. That way I can do what I enjoy PVP, not pet training, farming, leveling, or crafting.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Solstice64 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
...With a pet you have to actually put time and effort in to get the results, treasure carding is just using a short cut to win a PvP and not really trying to use your own wits to win, However if you want an advantage in the arena you should have to work for it, and nothing is harder in wizard101 then getting a perfect pet for PvP. I would rather see no shortcuts, and if you want to win you should have to win by your own skill not another school's spell that you simply bought. So ya i really think the exact opposite pets are great.


This is probably what annoys me most. I play wizard101 to pvp, not to pet train. Why should I spend months and months on my pet just to succeed in pvp? Take away shortcuts? There shouldn't be a need for shortcuts. If it was a perfect world, KI would program a separate game for pvp, where they give you your perfect pet, ww gear, crafted gear or whatever else you need. That way I can do what I enjoy PVP, not pet training, farming, leveling, or crafting.
Victory is reserved for those who would prepare, take the time and plan how to get it. How great would a sports team be if nobody wanted to practice. It's kind of like real life, a successful triathlon athlete needs not only to practice the physical aspect of the sport but also needs the right equipment. The right runners and gear could mean the difference between winning and losing the race, people must take the time to get money so that they can get these things. PvP is all about preparation and planning, those who prepare their equipment and strategy will always have an advantage over those who simply show up picking cards at random.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
thorvon65 wrote:
Victory is reserved for those who would prepare, take the time and plan how to get it. How great would a sports team be if nobody wanted to practice. It's kind of like real life, a successful triathlon athlete needs not only to practice the physical aspect of the sport but also needs the right equipment. The right runners and gear could mean the difference between winning and losing the race, people must take the time to get money so that they can get these things. PvP is all about preparation and planning, those who prepare their equipment and strategy will always have an advantage over those who simply show up picking cards at random.


Oh really? On a video-game? Why do we play play video-games? To have fun. Is it fun to pet train? No. Professional sports and traithlons are different from an online game. I enjoy setting up a good deck, and coming up with new strategies. Why, because it has everything to do with pvp, and its a big part of it as well. Pet training on the other hand had nothing to do with pvp, its just that many pvpers benefit from it. I enjoy pvp, not pet training, so to succeed, why should I do things not related to pvp.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Solstice64 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Victory is reserved for those who would prepare, take the time and plan how to get it. How great would a sports team be if nobody wanted to practice. It's kind of like real life, a successful triathlon athlete needs not only to practice the physical aspect of the sport but also needs the right equipment. The right runners and gear could mean the difference between winning and losing the race, people must take the time to get money so that they can get these things. PvP is all about preparation and planning, those who prepare their equipment and strategy will always have an advantage over those who simply show up picking cards at random.


Oh really? On a video-game? Why do we play play video-games? To have fun. Is it fun to pet train? No. Professional sports and traithlons are different from an online game. I enjoy setting up a good deck, and coming up with new strategies. Why, because it has everything to do with pvp, and its a big part of it as well. Pet training on the other hand had nothing to do with pvp, its just that many pvpers benefit from it. I enjoy pvp, not pet training, so to succeed, why should I do things not related to pvp.
I was not trying to convince you that a triathalon and pvp are the same thing but rather to make a comparison and point out that everything with a competitive nature requires preparation.

Now I understand the pet system can be a burden to someone who would just like to show up and play I believe it adds an interesting dynamic to pvp. The pet system provides us with a fully customizable equipment slot, meaning we can boost different areas of our characters stats how we choose to do so. Getting the right talents takes time but it can help to balance our chosen school, for example a storm wizard with low universal resist can compensate for that by building a defense pet with spell proof and spell defy. We can use our pets to make up for weaknesses in our school structure or to boost the already strong talents our school has.

I don't know if you played grandmaster pvp in dragonspyre days but calculating your opponents hits based on arena gear was an easy thing to do. Combos could be planned to hit for an exact number of hit points and damage calculation through shields could be determined. Some would consider that a mathematical edge but I thought it made the game a little too easy and predictable. The pet system tossed all that on it's head, now when I square off against someone I might know what school they are but the mathematical details of resist and damage are a toss up.

I don't really enjoy the pet games either but have made a few really good pets in the process so it balances out.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
WOW! Similar experience dude! I really hate the color orange. I wish it was taken out of the game!

Pets aren't cheating, so...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
travisAk wrote:

I was not trying to convince you that a triathalon and pvp are the same thing but rather to make a comparison and point out that everything with a competitive nature requires preparation.


I don't disagree with you about preparation, what I dislike is the kind of preparation that is required. Lets say the competition is basketball. Now, to become a good player, you need to practice. You may need to buy good shoes and a uniform, but most of your effort goes into practice. Now, lets say you have to sew your own clothes. That is what pet training is. I have nothing wrong with going to the store and buying your good clothes (your pet) but when you have to sew it (train and hatch it) it becomes a problem. In pvp, most of my effort goes into pet training, not practicing to become good at pvp or deck construction. Basicly, why should I be forced to create my good gear? Its beyond preparation, its a whole different hobby.

travisAK wrote:
Now I understand the pet system can be a burden to someone who would just like to show up and play I believe it adds an interesting dynamic to pvp. The pet system provides us with a fully customizable equipment slot, meaning we can boost different areas of our characters stats how we choose to do so. Getting the right talents takes time but it can help to balance our chosen school, for example a storm wizard with low universal resist can compensate for that by building a defense pet with spell proof and spell defy. We can use our pets to make up for weaknesses in our school structure or to boost the already strong talents our school has.


I am not suggesting to take pets out, but to make pet training easier or not required to get your perfect pet. FYI I don't waltz into pvp and want to do no work to get to warlord, I just want the work I do to be pvp related.

travisAK wrote:
I don't know if you played grandmaster pvp in dragonspyre days but calculating your opponents hits based on arena gear was an easy thing to do. Combos could be planned to hit for an exact number of hit points and damage calculation through shields could be determined. Some would consider that a mathematical edge but I thought it made the game a little too easy and predictable. The pet system tossed all that on it's head, now when I square off against someone I might know what school they are but the mathematical details of resist and damage are a toss up.


Once again, I am not suggesting to remove pets. Oh and yes, I did pvp back at grandmaster before CL, and I thought pvp was much more fun and balanced back then. More strategy and less luck or who has the better pet.

travisAK wrote:
I don't really enjoy the pet games either but have made a few really good pets in the process so it balances out.


That explains everything. You have your perfect (or near perfect) pet already. You don't want it taken away from you, which is quite understandable, and I am not suggesting it should be taken away from you. Here is the bad part. You don't want someone else to get something that you worked hard for, for less work. This is normal, its human nature, but you are going to have to overcome it if you want the best for pvp, not yourself.

-Solstice64

Explorer
May 12, 2010
77
Actually, back then, pets played a huge role in PvP!

I remember, I had my damp demon that had sharp eye and storm shot. That was 12 boost to accuracy with the old wild bolt. Oh yeah, loved that pet!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Solstice64 wrote:

I don't disagree with you about preparation, what I dislike is the kind of preparation that is required. Lets say the competition is basketball.  Now, to become a good player, you need to practice. You may need to buy good shoes and a uniform, but most of your effort goes into practice. Now, lets say you have to sew your own clothes. That is what pet training is. I have nothing wrong with going to the store and buying your good clothes (your pet) but when you have to sew it (train and hatch it) it becomes a problem. In pvp, most of my effort goes into pet training, not practicing to become good at pvp or deck construction. Basicly, why should I be forced to create my good gear? Its beyond preparation, its a whole different hobby.
Let me ask you a question Solstice, Do you enter a legendary ranked PvP match without waterworks gear? Farming for gear is preparation, crafting gear from regents could also be considered preparation, the accumulation of arena tickets for arena gear purchase and treasure cards are also preparation, none of these things are handed to you in the game and I don't see you complaining about any of that. Oh wait, you did complain about wanting new arena gear like your buddies on central but should that be easier to get too because people like you don't want to invest their time into earning it? Clearly it gives one side the advantage right? Where do you draw your lines? Does it start at pets and end at hats?, because I've already stated that hats are unfair and those really good crafted ones are too hard to get.

 
solstice64 wrote:

That explains everything. You have your perfect (or near perfect) pet already. You don't want it taken away from you, which is quite understandable, and I am not suggesting it should be taken away from you. Here is the bad part. You don't want someone else to get something that you worked hard for, for less work. This is normal, its human nature, but you are going to have to overcome it if you want the best for pvp, not yourself.

-Solstice64
Actually I just deleted my only perfect pet (well mistakingly sold it for 50 gold) and have to pick up the pieces and head back to the hatchery, true story so don't jump to conclusions... KI was gracious enough to give me a baby base giftcard version back to pour salt in the wound which was deleted on purpose this time rather quickly. Your complaint about pets in pvp and the hatching process is rather weak if you ask me and I'm getting bored debating it with you.

1