Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Player Ranks.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Man is anyone else hate being a low lvl. And to make it worse when you go into a ranked pvp you haft to face lvl 50's when your lvl 20... I wish they would change that. I am so tired of it :-(. So what I am basically asking is why U cant pick your lvl match in 1v1 like in practice matches? It just seems a bit unfair for low lvl's to go after someone who is much more experianced with better cards and armor.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Survivor
May 23, 2009
It was probably me and/or my team that defeated you. I couldn't agree more to have a choice of picking your own level brackets. But then anyone could say they are a 'Warlord in Lvl blank bracket' Yah maybe that's still a cool idea, but Kings Isle sets up the matches by rank, level, and the amount of matches you have played. Fact is, you should consider leveling up and getting stronger and gaining more defense before going into ranked pvp, otherwise take yourself to Practice mode where you can choose your fate. Ranked is survival of the fittest. Until (if they ever do) make a Lvl bracket change, that's the way it is going to be. So get use to it friend. See ya in Ranked Pvp, or maybe not. The choice is yours.

~David SoulFlame Grand Master Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter Grand Master Balance
~Darby SparkleFlower Grand Master Myth
~David SoulBreeze Master Ice
~David SoulCatcher Adept Death

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
probrably after you finish Marleybone or mooshu you will be in shape to do pvp.

I have beaten many a grand at lvl 30.

Andrew DragonStalker lvl 38 magus sorcerer

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Yep. you just get knocked around in pvp until you level up.
I suggest doing pvp after you finish marleybone cause you get a good spell after it.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Method1 wrote:
Man is anyone else hate being a low lvl. And to make it worse when you go into a ranked pvp you haft to face lvl 50's when your lvl 20... I wish they would change that. I am so tired of it :-(. So what I am basically asking is why U cant pick your lvl match in 1v1 like in practice matches? It just seems a bit unfair for low lvl's to go after someone who is much more experianced with better cards and armor.

I so got to add my two sense to this :-D I hear you. To say don't PvP until after Marley not good.
I know a level 6 wizard that has full Gear and is Commander. (She is a great teacher by the way for PvP)
Having pointed that out, I think there should be a way to separate a few things. Number one if you level 31 with no PvP gear you should defo not be matched with a level 42 that has full gear. That fight is not even close to being fair. If you do 3v3 and you got 1 grand that is life who teaches you and you are 31 balance and another one is 29 death (we trying to get tickets for gear) and you face 3 grands 2 ice in full gear and 1 Life in full gear How is that even considered to be a ranked match? I would like to know how does the game pick opponents in first place, cause obviously there is nothing ranked about that match.
You can't get pips as fast do to your level you don't have and level48 spells and getting whacked each time you got enough pips to protect yourself for instance you get killed by frosty so life brings you back only to get killed by frost again next round. :? VERY frustrating I tell you (they don't need the tickets for gear)
So here my suggestions to the game writers PLEASE FIX THIS make it at least fair, that anyone over the level 5 should be able to start getting gear and have fun with PvP, but the fights have to be fair. If you got full gear you fight someone with full gear and If you are level 6 you should be fighting someone who is around the same level. (with in the same spell area) Those two things need be be put in to he "If statements" to be of consideration in the ranked matchs (and yes I do know just a wee bit about programming it can be done )