Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP - No Chance to Win

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
I've been playing with my sister now for a couple months. We leveled our toons up to 38 in that time. We both have been mmorpg gamers for years. Six years of raiding in WoW. Very familiar with that system of PVP and was rewarded with a sense of accomplishment when winning. Now, this game is uniquely fun it's in pve experience. Now for PVP... I was simply amazed in it's ability to give new players with NO level 50-60 friends, NO hope or chance of winning. I played your pvp arenas for a good portion of my day yesterday and 1 out of 15 battles I occasionally won simply because we were fairly placed in ranks, level, spells etc. The rest was outrageously outranked, outleveled, and simply unfair. My sister and I were consistently placed with someone of our level and experience who had their level 60 friend (veteran) who in 3 turns and 3 power pips would wipe us out with 3000+ hit aoe. I need to know how is that fair? I'm all for losing properly and am not a sore loser in the slightest. Yet, this is ridiculous and I'm left wondering if the developers even monitor or are aware of the huge gaps in it's pvp system. I am a paying subscriber and would love to experience a good pvp addition to this game, yet I am left jaded and uncertain of ever to return to your pvp arena. Am i to just follow suit and do the same? Is that how it is played. Just grab a 60 and pwn? Please respond, developers and give me a sense that you are aware of what is going on and perhaps I will venture into that area one day again soon. Thank you for listening to my rant.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
You have to remember that WoW is a game that is well over 8 years old while Wizard101 is entering its third year lol. I myself raiding and PvPed in WoW and i will say it is more advanced but they had a lot more time to work all that out. That what happens a lot now because Rank is becoming more worth than level when really it doesnt hold its weight at all in the arena. My suggestion for you and your sister is to 1v1, i have a little brother and we had always played the same game at the same time, so i can understand how it is hard, like in WoW he was paladin dps i was DK tank, and then in runescape he was a ranger and i was a fighter, And now in wizard he is balance and i am ice lol. But for the level your at like mid level going up to like level 48 i suggest 1v1s because a lot of people will do the low level and a legendary especially in 2v2. And 1v1 you can usually guarentee you will have a fighting chance. If you wait a long time for a match try to just leave because usually they will go really really far out of rank and level if you waited a lot for a match..

Hope this helped

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
"Am i to just follow suit and do the same? Is that how it is played. Just grab a 60 and pwn?"

Hi Jody,

The subject is just how I feel somedays....lolz

This is a whole new world when compared to other games, and just as agressive as Rudescape in the woods, and many others.
Being a level 60 is a great start, but being in the middle of the road, like 30 or so, is a hard level to win. You have a lot of other players that know the game well, (very well), and play to win.
Some even cheat to win, like bring friends in to get you to talk, or just to try to confuse you. Yea, it happens, but that all part of the learning process.

How can you win, read the postings on this board, they have a ton of information on them on how to win. Especially Darthjt's postings, he has added a lot of data for those trying to learn the pvp side of things.
Other's have great input also, so take the time to read and write notes from what is posted in this pvp section.

Imo, you need to do the following, just to win in this game, and it's not easy.

1. Know every one of your spells, and the spell of every other school.
2. Know the hit points of every spell, especially the level 58 spells.
3. Know the resist of each Wizard, and always assume the most.
4. Know all the pets (and if you have a good memory the clothes too), so you can take a guess at what the Wizard is.
5. Know the basic Hit/Damage percentage that each Wizard has, so you can guess at the damage that can be done based on the pips they have.
You need to know this, based on your life points, to help in what decision to make.
6. Know what spells will help your wizard, and what to spend your Training points on. This is critical, and will help in the way you set up your deck.
This could be the single most important thing in the pvp game, along with a solid strategy.
7. Know what Combos will work best for your Wizard, will have the best hit potential.
8. Know what Combos will work best on the opposing Wizard type.
9. Have the Life Amulet or if Balance maybe the Myth Amulet.
10. Have the best Gear you can get, and craft it if it will give you an edge.
11. Have your Critical block up as high as you can get it.
12. Have multiple deck setups, for 1v1, 2v2, etc.
13. Have you side deck (Treasure cards), setup exactly for PvP, as needed, this is critical. Plus know how to make your own Treasure with Gar on them.
14. Have Treasure cards for your Blade, have Treasure Balance Blades, etc.
15. Know how many pips each spell is, for every wizard, so you know what they can hit you with depending on the number of pips they have.
16. Ok, ok, I can go on and on, but I know you got the picture a long time ago.

Yes, it cost Gold to PvP well, and a lot of time. Since everyone else does all of the things listed above to win, you need to also.
So, leave no stone unturned, look at every crafted item from different points of view. Look at every spell and the combos from as many angles as possible. Do the math, because this game is really all about math.... and have fun. Don't let a lost battle or a rude player bug you, just laugh and move onto the next battle.

Make sure to do 35-50 practice PvP fights ahead of time, to get the timing down.

Cause really, who cares if you win or lose, it's what you learned from the battle that's important.

See you in pvp.
Joe.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I agree with all this pvp junk with the crowns items, the arena ticket items, and a lot of other things that even if you get a fair match with someone who is the same lvl, you would just be crushed! I know wizard 101 moderates these posts, please listen to me when we say that there are a lot of things that have to be done to make pvp more fair and fun for all players, not just people who spend all their money on crowns items to make themselves win! I was fine ith pvp for a while and then dragons Hord... I don't even have anything that i can say about the abuse of the power it has, plz fix this! :(
Ethan Lifebringer
lvl 42 life wizard
i don't use crowns!