Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP naming system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
It makes me sad that before a tournament begins, players have the ability to guess other players' schools through their names. This lets them prepare for the enemy and put in dispels (or shields) against that specific school. However, this is not the case with 2v2s because everyone has a team name which the game assigns. If this was the same for 1v1s, people could not guess schools anymore and it would be fair for all who compete in the tournament. Please rectify this immediately, so that everyone can have an equally great time without being easily eliminated by people that can simply check whom they are going against. Thanks, and have a great day

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
The Icy Gaze on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
It makes me sad that before a tournament begins, players have the ability to guess other players' schools through their names. This lets them prepare for the enemy and put in dispels (or shields) against that specific school. However, this is not the case with 2v2s because everyone has a team name which the game assigns. If this was the same for 1v1s, people could not guess schools anymore and it would be fair for all who compete in the tournament. Please rectify this immediately, so that everyone can have an equally great time without being easily eliminated by people that can simply check whom they are going against. Thanks, and have a great day
Your thinking hurts my brain. I could be a storm character and name myself Kane MythBlade. Does it make me a myth? No.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
People just guess their enemy's school through menu chat most of the time, not just in tournaments.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
If you don't want to reveal your school to your opponent with your name, then don't name yourself anything relating to your school.

Although, the reverse could also be said, and could be used to psych out your opponent before the match has even begun. For instance, you could be a Fire Wizard in all blue gear, with an Ice Bird pet, and name yourself Jack Frost. Your opponent quickly sets for Ice, and thus reducing some of his needed stats, when in reality you were Fire all along.

I think it's fine as it is. You're taking a gamble attempting to guess which school your opponent really is.