Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp matching is uneven but to hard to perfect

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ok so in many MMOs pvp is for people of around the same lvl. Lets take WoW for example. Anyone who has played or even heard of WoW knows that it is not turn based and it is much easier to put people in groups by lvl with the high amounts of players in the pvp battle. The turn based is hard to match people up of even lvls due to the fact that low lvls in turn based can sqeeze out wins with shields. In a non-turn based game like WoW it is harder for a low lvl to beat a high lvl due to the fact you are hitting at the same time. so you have a lv 10 and a lvl 20 if you both hit at the same time the 20 will do more damage and you will have the predicted outcome of the 20 winning, but in turn based it is too hard. The unevenness of the pvp matches is due to the fact that anyone can pull out a win and not because of lvl. This is a major issue in pvp of w101, but would be hard to change. It makes games beteween private 60s who are very bad with warlord 40s even. It would be hard to limit only lvl grouped pvp. In WoW people also lvl in pvp so they don't stay in the same lvl group forever. Thas why this issue hasn't been changed. i realize there are other issues with matching that i don't feel the need to get into. Any comments and i know i type alot :P

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I don't understand this post, but here goes:
Yes, WoW is not turn based. Wow, isn't dealing with kill-stealers, ninja-looters, and spawn campers fun? Ok, fun at World of Warcraft's expense done. It seems that you have a problem with the whole turn based, tactical PvP system. Maybe WoW is a bit more your speed, as the matching isn't quite as linear, but has more level-to-level matching. I'll take Wizard101 over a game like WoW any day.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
bionaknight wrote:
I don't understand this post, but here goes:
Yes, WoW is not turn based. Wow, isn't dealing with kill-stealers, ninja-looters, and spawn campers fun? Ok, fun at World of Warcraft's expense done. It seems that you have a problem with the whole turn based, tactical PvP system. Maybe WoW is a bit more your speed, as the matching isn't quite as linear, but has more level-to-level matching. I'll take Wizard101 over a game like WoW any day.

lol i guess i was kinda not making sense just disregard the whole post :p

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:
Ok so in many MMOs pvp is for people of around the same lvl. Lets take WoW for example. Anyone who has played or even heard of WoW knows that it is not turn based and it is much easier to put people in groups by lvl with the high amounts of players in the pvp battle. The turn based is hard to match people up of even lvls due to the fact that low lvls in turn based can sqeeze out wins with shields. In a non-turn based game like WoW it is harder for a low lvl to beat a high lvl due to the fact you are hitting at the same time. so you have a lv 10 and a lvl 20 if you both hit at the same time the 20 will do more damage and you will have the predicted outcome of the 20 winning, but in turn based it is too hard. The unevenness of the pvp matches is due to the fact that anyone can pull out a win and not because of lvl. This is a major issue in pvp of w101, but would be hard to change. It makes games beteween private 60s who are very bad with warlord 40s even. It would be hard to limit only lvl grouped pvp. In WoW people also lvl in pvp so they don't stay in the same lvl group forever. Thas why this issue hasn't been changed. i realize there are other issues with matching that i don't feel the need to get into. Any comments and i know i type alot :-P
I got confused by your post but I agree 100% with the title. ( i never played world of warcraft) Think of the work it must take for the current pvp system to work.