Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Matching, A Bit Unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I realize the system is supposed to be fair, and at the high levels, it is pretty fair. As a legendary thuergist, I think it is pretty fair, as I am a veteran. But recently I decided to see if pvp would be more fun as a low level. Why? Because it is less complicated.

However while I was doing pvp as a level 10 necromancer, I realize this system of matching opponents is very unfair at that level. Some people may ask why I was doing pvp as a level 10, again, it is less complicated and more fun, you have a wider variety of spells to use too. But, at first I was level 5, I fought a level 11, I won though. Ok, a level 11 is twice as strong as me, I know it is low levels, but still. However it got worse for me. I decided to become a level 10 and try it then. And I did, but at first, I was fighting level 10 or 11 people. Ok, that is fair, sounds good. I won them, which is good, but then it started getting unfair. So, as I got to corporal, I started fighting level 18 people! Almost twice as strong as me! 8 levels higher. But as I got to sergeant, I was only fighting people level 20 or above! I am level 10!! the worst was a level 33 fire! Ok, I admit I won, unbelievable right? but a level 33 vs a level 10?! Seriously? Is this fair K.I.? All I fight now are level 25 and up!

Please fix this.

Now, People might think that I am just complaining, no, it isnt fair. People will think "Just deal with it, stop being a baby." Ok, do you want to fight people 3 times as strong as you? I admit though, I do beat this people, I happen to be a knight, close to captain.

I just want to fight people that are MY level.

EDIT:
O.K. this REALLY needs to be fixed!
Just today my friend blake and I did a 2v2, I am level 10, he is level 26, and we fight a level 5, and a level 60!! And a BALANCE at that! I can't even LEARN tower shield yet! So, we were ahnihilated, K.I., is that fair AT ALL? Putting not even magus and a not even journeyman against a LEGENDARY?!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I know exactly how you feel....

With more and more Legendary wizards dropping in rank a problem is developing in low level pvp. There needs to be some form critical block added to arena gear in order for lower levels to compensate for these extreme mismatches created by adjustment in point system. Lower level duelists should not be forced to go higher in order to function in the arena. KI... Please find some way to help people who fight with low level characters cope with these boosted critical attacks we have been subjected to after the change in the point system. My last three fights were against Level 50-60 wizards blasting criticals at me every other turn with a 2000+ health advantage. I like fighting at this level but recently have felt backed into a corner to the point where I want to stop playing. Conviction could sink me as I only have two training points to use :( help... It's not like anyone playing low characters are asking for critical chance, just the ability to keep up with the point system.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
LordFireWizard7 wrote:
I realize the system is supposed to be fair, and at the high levels, it is pretty fair. As a legendary thuergist, I think it is pretty fair, as I am a veteran. But recently I decided to see if pvp would be more fun as a low level. Why? Because it is less complicated.

However while I was doing pvp as a level 10 necromancer, I realize this system of matching opponents is very unfair at that level. Some people may ask why I was doing pvp as a level 10, again, it is less complicated and more fun, you have a wider variety of spells to use too. But, at first I was level 5, I fought a level 11, I won though. Ok, a level 11 is twice as strong as me, I know it is low levels, but still. However it got worse for me. I decided to become a level 10 and try it then. And I did, but at first, I was fighting level 10 or 11 people. Ok, that is fair, sounds good. I won them, which is good, but then it started getting unfair. So, as I got to corporal, I started fighting level 18 people! Almost twice as strong as me! 8 levels higher. But as I got to sergeant, I was only fighting people level 20 or above! I am level 10!! the worst was a level 33 fire! Ok, I admit I won, unbelievable right? but a level 33 vs a level 10?! Seriously? Is this fair K.I.? All I fight now are level 25 and up!

Please fix this.

Now, People might think that I am just complaining, no, it isnt fair. People will think "Just deal with it, stop being a baby." Ok, do you want to fight people 3 times as strong as you? I admit though, I do beat this people, I happen to be a knight, close to captain.

I just want to fight people that are MY level.

If you have a high PvP rank then you'll probably fight higher lvl people. It's pretty simple.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009

If you have a high PvP rank then you'll probably fight higher lvl people. It's pretty simple.

I understand, but I fought a level 39 recently as a level 10. Granted, I won, but still, 39 vs 10? Does anyone think that is remotely fair?

I did get to warlord as a level 10 though....