Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP match ups

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
They really need to fix thier pvp match up system. Putting someone up agaist another player the compleately outranks them in all fronts is just not right. Then for that person to call you a noob after they wipe the floor with you makes someone like me want to reach threw the screen and strangle the person. Seriosly if u win or lose gg ( good game) is enough! They sould match up pvp by rank, skill, and lvl. :?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
viperess9669 wrote:
They really need to fix thier pvp match up system. Putting someone up agaist another player the compleately outranks them in all fronts is just not right. Then for that person to call you a noob after they wipe the floor with you makes someone like me want to reach threw the screen and strangle the person. Seriosly if u win or lose gg ( good game) is enough! They sould match up pvp by rank, skill, and lvl. :?
People will be bad sports no matter what match up it is. A losing team is also as likely to call the winner a noob as the other way around. I, too, get frustrated when people are agitating (one time I killed someone, and he told his friend-who was afk at the time-that he won!) but you have to let it slide, or else you will never be able to just enjoy PvP. Don't let these strangers annoy you this much, they don't even know you.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
viperess9669 wrote:

The noob comment is usually the opposite for me. Players called me that when I beat them. If you are playing against a higher ranked player use it to your advantage. It's a way a good way to hone your skills. I've beaten many a higher ranked player.

As far as the name calling goes just ignore it.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
viperess9669 wrote:
have you read this?
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/11534.ftl
particularly
"The Ranked Player vs Player (PvP) matching system in Wizard101 is based on two very important factors: the Level of your Wizard character and the current PvP Rank of your Wizard character. The Level of your character is more important than the Rank, but your Rank is still a significant determining factor." -Gamma

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
viperess9669 wrote:

Viperess,

Just one question, can I ask how long you stayed in the Que before the fight showed up? I'm asking because, I find that if I stay in the Que for 1 minute or less on my lower level, the match up seems to be fairly close.
Not that I haven't seen it a bit out at times, but normally it'a close.
So, I would just like to get a ballpark timeframe from you, to compare to different times I wait.

Thanks,
Joe.