Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP level manipulation?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
It has come to my attention that in PvP the level the players are
is very important in the match ups. However i have noticed lately that very high levels will use very low levels on their team to be matched with lower level opponents. For example a legendary character will use a level 5 character so that he or she may be matched up with two characters who are both level 40 or lower. It doesnt bother me a huge amount it just kind of aggravates me that players Are able to manipulate ranked PvP in such a way. All i want to know is whether or not Kingsisle is going to make any effort to try and fix this in anyway. I would love to see your suggestions!
-Yours truly, Ryan Thunderthief

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

I have heard this argument so many times and it is nearly always put in such a way as to make the legendary wizard sound at fault for teaming up with lower level to take advantage of lower level players. And few look at it the other way around.

Yes, I've done it.

In fact, have you ever considered if there weren't so many low levels in the arena begging for upper level team-ups it would rarely happen?

Because the reverse is just as bad. Look at it from the upper level wizards perspective: Being teamed up with a lower level against, say, two transcended or legendary wizard? Yikes!

This has happened to me before, my Magus teammate has had the shelf-life of milk, cost one or two spells, promptly died, and I have actually survived against two legendary wizards (pre-zafaria) and emerged victorious.

Bottom line: Quit blaming upper level wizards for this problem and, lower levels, quit begging for upper level team-ups. Clearest, most obvious solution I can see.

You think I want to be facing two transcended diviners with my level twenty space-saver dead after the third round?

We blame KI for many things that are wrong with ourselves.

Peace