Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp isnt perfect.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Pvp isnt perfect that much is true. You can call it "broken" all you want but really? KI works hard to make it as fair as possible, they cant control every match for every single player. It makes me slightly mad to see the hard workers at KI critizied for something that is impossible to "fix". Yes there are some potential flaws and people find loopholes, but KI cant patch or fix every single one. Look how long it took to fix the great Hornisaurus ( know i spelled that wrong ) mount glitches. Now think how long it would take to root out every single problem with pvp. It just isnt possible to do that kind of thing without months, and possibly years work.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
As a veteran gamer,and avid pvp participant in online games.I can say with confidence that pvp here is broken. The reason is simple;it is too easily exploited in its current form. I don't doubt that KI has tried to come up with a balanced pvp scenario,but there current model is lacking. The most egregious of the problems have been listed,and debated time and again,so I see no point in listing them here. Many like myself choose not to participate in it here,until a balanced and fair model is instrumented.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The thing is, people say pvp is broken, but they can't say how. The good players believe that there is nothing wrong in pvp, because the obvious, they're good and they know how to play very well with any deck they face, while the players that are average or just not as good have a tough time with opponents. It's true that Ice is higher then all of the other schools in these: Health, resist, critical block, and then better then many schools on: Damage within the spells,critical (can be higher then Storm if get zf gear), and with tools. Ice has no problem in pvp anymore, if you're good or bad, the results would be similiar, there's no strategy that you necessarily need to play Ice, and that's why Ice is broken, not pvp.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
As a veteran gamer,and avid pvp participant in online games.I can say with confidence that pvp here is broken. The reason is simple;it is too easily exploited in its current form. I don't doubt that KI has tried to come up with a balanced pvp scenario,but there current model is lacking. The most egregious of the problems have been listed,and debated time and again,so I see no point in listing them here. Many like myself choose not to participate in it here,until a balanced and fair model is instrumented.

you got it right every word of it when I 1st started playing PvP it was great fun but then the cheat engine kick in ppl taking advantage of exploits destroyed PvP and the rude players did'nt help none,and anyone saying other wise i think they are using them as a advantage over others,so in short you are right.

M.RedBlood Death

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I used to like to play 4v4 practice matches a lot, but I don't find it much fun as everyone's damage is simply too high compared to everyone's health.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

PvP is Broken? Oh really. Hmmm, news to me. I have been here a very long time now. Are there things that can be addressed and fixed, certainly. But same can be said for any other MMO Game.

Now, what flaws are you referring to? The constant complaints about spells? Most people, when they lose in pvp, find there way here to this board and demand that this spell or that spell is unfair, be changed, or be banned from PvP. Why? because they lost to it.

The most legit claim atm, is unbalanced teams. Yes, higher levels and low levels join forces to dominate an unsuspecting team of mid-levels.

However, this does not constitute PvP as being broken... Try PvP 1v1. Then you might want to say, oh but there are too many mismatches. That used to be the case, but lately, I have not seen any 1v1 matches that have higher than a 10 level gap. Besides, you can always get to Transcended and PvP, then what will your excuse be?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Zzatdragon wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

you got it right every word of it when I 1st started playing PvP it was great fun but then the cheat engine kick in ppl taking advantage of exploits destroyed PvP and the rude players did'nt help none,and anyone saying other wise i think they are using them as a advantage over others,so in short you are right.

M.RedBlood Death
i do not use "exploits" to my advantage i use treasures and a good strategy with them. Also, cheat engine is no longer functional from what I have heard. Also I have not recently heard of 1 specific exploit that wasnt a strategy. ( For you people who do not like shatter, why havent you said anything before? Its been almost a year since it came out. just wondering no offense intended)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
The thing is, people say pvp is broken, but they can't say how. The good players believe that there is nothing wrong in pvp, because the obvious, they're good and they know how to play very well with any deck they face, while the players that are average or just not as good have a tough time with opponents. It's true that Ice is higher then all of the other schools in these: Health, resist, critical block, and then better then many schools on: Damage within the spells,critical (can be higher then Storm if get zf gear), and with tools. Ice has no problem in pvp anymore, if you're good or bad, the results would be similiar, there's no strategy that you necessarily need to play Ice, and that's why Ice is broken, not pvp.

No.

The people who believe that their is nothing wrong with pvp are the people who take advantage of pvp being broken (or they simply want to look like they are good at pvp as for some reason, people tend to think like you.)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

No.

The people who believe that their is nothing wrong with pvp are the people who take advantage of pvp being broken (or they simply want to look like they are good at pvp as for some reason, people tend to think like you.)
2 things:
1. We dont take advantage of pvp being "broken" we use a strategy anyone can use if they wanted to.
2 You misused their, it should be there. their is used in referrance to people or possession, there, is used for location.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
2 things:
1. We dont take advantage of pvp being "broken" we use a strategy anyone can use if they wanted to.
2 You misused their, it should be there. their is used in referrance to people or possession, there, is used for location.

1. To you it's a strategy, to the person next to you it's cheap. The people that think puppet teams are fine are the puppet teams themselves or the people that think good pvpers have that opinion. The people who think fire and myth aren't OP either have those wizards, or they think good pvpers have that opinion.

It all comes down to whether not you take advantage of an unbalance in the game, or you think saying "pvp is perfect" makes you look like a good pvper.

2. "Reference" isn't spelled "referrance." "Don't" isn't spelled "dont." You also forgot to capitalize the word "their" which starts one of your sentences.

Don't think pointing out errors in my grammar makes you look smart/me look dumb as I can play the same exact game.

Defender
May 29, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

PvP is Broken? Oh really. Hmmm, news to me. I have been here a very long time now. Are there things that can be addressed and fixed, certainly. But same can be said for any other MMO Game.

Now, what flaws are you referring to? The constant complaints about spells? Most people, when they lose in pvp, find there way here to this board and demand that this spell or that spell is unfair, be changed, or be banned from PvP. Why? because they lost to it.

The most legit claim atm, is unbalanced teams. Yes, higher levels and low levels join forces to dominate an unsuspecting team of mid-levels.

However, this does not constitute PvP as being broken... Try PvP 1v1. Then you might want to say, oh but there are too many mismatches. That used to be the case, but lately, I have not seen any 1v1 matches that have higher than a 10 level gap. Besides, you can always get to Transcended and PvP, then what will your excuse be?

I agree, there are some things kingsisle can and cant fix, but to me the most thing that really annoys about pvp is this:

Ok so, me and my friend were doing pvp. ( i was on my lvl 62 death knight and he was lvl 41 balance commander ) We werent trying to take advantaage of pvp even though we were both warlord on other chars. We matched agaist too private life wizards both transcended ( both had waterworks gear robe and hat ) and won and got 3 points. ( sigh ) Then we ended up doing them again, this time they went first. Sadly, we lost. Here's what i dont get.

We did 6 matches won have and got 8, 3, 3, 5, and 7 points which adds up to 21. But when we lost, we lost 29 pints! Kingsisle, if your matches are so fair why arent the points fair? They got basically got 3 times as much points as we did and were transcended. This is what I see as a legit problem.

Solution

You cant lose more than 20 points.
You cant get less than 10 points.

Its like a lvl 1 warlord beats a lvl 70 private and gets 2 points ( it is possible ) but they verse a again and the 70 wins a gets 30 points. The warlord wouldnt be to happy.

Once again, there are some issues kingsisle just cant fix, but this is not one of them. If kingsisle's systems say the matches are fair, the points should be fare as well.

Mycin legenddreamer
Jasondreamgiver