Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP is Ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
9
So I decided to get back into PvP a few days ago. Bad idea. People with crowns gear and mega pets are WAY too overpowered. They also have too much 'resist gear'. Hmmm, unfair......

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
Natalie IceRiver on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So I decided to get back into PvP a few days ago. Bad idea. People with crowns gear and mega pets are WAY too overpowered. They also have too much 'resist gear'. Hmmm, unfair......
I agree, the only way to win PvP now is pretty much with money.

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
66
All people ever do is complain about PvP. There's more than this game than PvP like quests, pets, etc. If you think PvP is unfair just back off of it. I've seen too many of these posts that are starting to make me think people don't see that great things about this game.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
I played for years and retired as a warlord after this new update. I've been wondering how many long time PvPers have simply retired from this second age of PvP, instead of adapting to this new "Trained Reshuffle is a Treasure Card" era.

How many old time PvPers have given up on the arena? I'm very curious to know.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
3
I agree, and disagree. I do agree that Kingsile has given players an overpowered resist. The pets though, they train those pets an awful whole lot to get it to mega. Sense they took the time for training their pet, they should be rewarded with the great statistics that comes with the pet.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
1
Natalie IceRiver on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So I decided to get back into PvP a few days ago. Bad idea. People with crowns gear and mega pets are WAY too overpowered. They also have too much 'resist gear'. Hmmm, unfair......
yes i agree you should not be able to use treasure cards in pvp and you have to be a certain level to use adult -mega.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
109
Hmm, I think KI should balance the PVP system a little more. By that I mean more advanced. Since people are with extreme op stuff KI should let them fight the OP people while we medium players should just fight medium people, that should sound fair, what do you say KI?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
7
I completely agree! I cannot beat anyone with the 50 resist!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
2
I agree, I am level a level 55 Grandmaster Conjurer and i lost to a level 35 balance wizard because of her resist myth gear, storm and all other schools. I think PVP is now ruined because of over powered wizards at low levels but, have money/crowns

Survivor
May 17, 2009
6
I agree with you and unfortunately the pvp matching only deals with your level and your pvp rank. I had a low level warlord until they made a new age of pvp and now i'm facing people with crazy gear and i'm not doing so good now. Sometimes I wish part of wizard101 was just like how it was four years ago.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
33
Its not 'unfair.' Ices with immune storm and fire is unfair. Being immune to a school isn't right. If your facing that school and they are immune, you have no chance to win. KI, please fix the immune system! They shouldn't be allowed, because that's how many people become warlords is by immune. I know of 2 people. A myth and death. Life immuned :(

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
29
I also have found a big problem with pvp while playing my first 2nd age match this morning.
I was playing 2v2 with a really good guy, we were playing good people as well though. they were getting a little overlyconfident and we did end up losing. but we were on a huge roll and we were so close to winning when my friend went afk and got off from to long being afk. I tried to survive but it just wasn't going to happen. so I kept myself alive for a long time and by then the battle had been about 2 hrs long. I was kinda expecting not to lose that much score because of the fact that we had been battling for so long. which kinda proves the skill of both the winner and the loser. I lost 30 points from the game and dropped to 470 in a crazy long battle where we would have won if my teammate could have stayed. and I am not blaming him, I am blaming the fact of losing so much score while playing an extremely well fought battle by both me, and my teammate.

please fix this problem because I don't find it fair if you try so hard and be let down and lose the maximum amount of points possible to lose in a game.

Christopher willow dust
Level 90 diviner
(would be corporal if my friend didn't leave)
but have a 470 rating.

hope kingsisle approves of this patch...

peace out brahhhs

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
SchicksalBestimmun... on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I agree, the only way to win PvP now is pretty much with money.
I disagree the only way to EVER win PvP is with skill. I have a Warlord, 2 Commanders, a Knight, and a Veteran from the 1st Age. Also I have a Knight and a Veteran from the 2nd Age. I didnt spend any money to get their gear, except one pack to get a wand for my Ice, for the rest I craft/use waterworks gear. My death uses the Wyrd-Oak staff for block which is farmed from Dun Scaith. My level 10 uses Crowns gear THAT I FARMED FOR. Take the time to put some effort into it, it doesn't take hours. Then add in any amount of brains you can and you can beat almost anyone.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
59
Malt22 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I played for years and retired as a warlord after this new update. I've been wondering how many long time PvPers have simply retired from this second age of PvP, instead of adapting to this new "Trained Reshuffle is a Treasure Card" era.

How many old time PvPers have given up on the arena? I'm very curious to know.
I have, retired as a fire knight, tried to go back in the ring as a warlord but got shot down, oh well, I'm fine with that, KI, my time at Wizard is done, I don't really feel there is any point coming back, but who knows, might come back later. But there is a very slim chance. I hope however you fix this game, it was great once, and it still can be again. WoW made tons of mistakes and they're doing pretty darn well. Hope you read this post and take this to heart. Good luck to all of you at KI and hope this game comes back up on the charts soon. And, to all you wizards, give KI a break, they're running two games, there is only so much they can do. Good luck and have fun in the game

Alex Soulhaven
Transcended Pyromancer
Fire School Student
PvP Knight

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
140
Malt22 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I played for years and retired as a warlord after this new update. I've been wondering how many long time PvPers have simply retired from this second age of PvP, instead of adapting to this new "Trained Reshuffle is a Treasure Card" era.

How many old time PvPers have given up on the arena? I'm very curious to know.
I gave up on it sometime back, when it became rife with level 60/level 2v2 teams. I find nothing about ranked to be balanced or fair, and the fact that KI not only doesn't do anything to balance out and make fair the ranked pvp, but continues to do things to make it even more chaotic and unfair takes away any interest I had in participating.

It should be a greater challenge - match against a person instead of the computer, but it's not.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
8
Malt22 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I played for years and retired as a warlord after this new update. I've been wondering how many long time PvPers have simply retired from this second age of PvP, instead of adapting to this new "Trained Reshuffle is a Treasure Card" era.

How many old time PvPers have given up on the arena? I'm very curious to know.
I had (7) 1st age warlords - one for each school (and a mid level pvp fire wizard I was working on)- after a disatrous morning of pvp on Sunday, (and yes, my life was using mostly jade gear) life & ice vs life and death - I ran out of cards and we lost. I have decided to give up Wizards all together. As one person stated - there is more to Wizards than pvp and that is true - however, after playing wizards for over 4 years, I have quested, crafted, trained pets, made tons of wonderful friends and out of all of the options available to do, I enjoyed playing pvp the most. PVP is broken - the fun is gone and with it, so am.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
2
Those resist clothes should be banned in pvp they are overpowered

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
CPS Cole on May 4, 2013 wrote:
All people ever do is complain about PvP. There's more than this game than PvP like quests, pets, etc. If you think PvP is unfair just back off of it. I've seen too many of these posts that are starting to make me think people don't see that great things about this game.
I agree with that right there LOL. i always think why do people always complain about stuff that happens on the game. like some people say KI won't stop changing the game until they ruin it

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
Wolf Skullslinger on May 6, 2013 wrote:
I disagree the only way to EVER win PvP is with skill. I have a Warlord, 2 Commanders, a Knight, and a Veteran from the 1st Age. Also I have a Knight and a Veteran from the 2nd Age. I didnt spend any money to get their gear, except one pack to get a wand for my Ice, for the rest I craft/use waterworks gear. My death uses the Wyrd-Oak staff for block which is farmed from Dun Scaith. My level 10 uses Crowns gear THAT I FARMED FOR. Take the time to put some effort into it, it doesn't take hours. Then add in any amount of brains you can and you can beat almost anyone.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade
You meant to say, "It's easier to win with money than with skill"

With money you can

--join a pvp clan and instantly tap into a flawless pedigree pool of SPUDF pets
--rip tons of packs and gift cards for crowns gear
--tap into mercenary services for your gardening, item farming, and crafting needs
--gift people to puppet with you so you can rank up fast without having to level up in the game

As it turns out, having money and having skill are not mutually exclusive. So not every level 10 PVP warlord is a clueless brat whose parents have deep pockets.

Some of them are folks who already went through the game the hard way (see above) and learned from their experience. Rather than reinvent the wheel, they are connecting with clans and spending money to save themselves time and get peace of mind.

If you're fresh out of Unicorn Way and don't know anyone, it seems unfair. But you don't know the backstory.

As for noobs spamming tc, think of the spells you have access to at level 7 and tell me you could finish off even a level 10 with them. Not gonna happen. tc finishers are a fact of life below level 80.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
21
Ya I kinda of had trouble with pvp. My death wizard is no where to warlord infact he is only a private lol. When I pvp ranked 1v1 I lose almost all the time.

Ryan Duskspear Level 90 Death

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
17
Pvp is ruined from some people's perspective because you "need money for gear" or it's because people spam too much or blah blah blah. Not to be rude, but I'm sure the people at KI are saying, "When will you stop complaining about something that does NOT need to be a part of your gaming experience". Let's face it, we are not perfect and neither is KI. They CANNOT fix everything that we want them to fix because as soon as they do, we will find another thing to complain about and the cycle will NEVER end. So for those of you that have a problem with pvp I have only two words, "Stop pvping". Let the rest of us pvp in peace with our wizardly brothers and sisters.

Cya in the Spiral

Blake TitanCaller Lvl 88

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
6
PVP- What Jenna (Level 45) Thinks
Hi! I am an ice wizard and I think PVP is ruined! I'll tell you a few reasons why:
1.) now, in the 2nd age, there is too much base on level. I get a warlord that is now only about 5 levels below me.
2.) The new level 50-60 gear that they came out with is very overpowering
3.) People with crowns who have money to buy mega snacks and armor always beat other people. Isn't PVP also about skill?
I used to be a commander and now I can't get past a veteran! It is upsetting that this happened.

Cheers,
Jenna

Survivor
May 02, 2011
6
It's not even fair, I have a level 15 myth warlord, and I enjoy doing 2v2 with friends. Sometimes I will do 1v1 too, if i don't have any friends that are close to my level. It is frustrating that I am that low of a level and am forced to play level 30+. Plus, they have some of the commander gear to make it even harder. If you can, please base it on the level, not rank. Thanks

David OgreTamer Lvl 15

Survivor
May 15, 2009
9
Wow, so many responses. For the people that are saying "just stop pvping if you have a problem with it", I'm not just pvping to complain. I wanted to pvp again because Dragonspyre was giving me a headache. But now people that are level 5 are using level 40+ treasure cards and defeating you. I know that tc are not cheating. But they are took for granted. The only way I can actually win is 2v2ing with my storm friend, Brahm ThunderWielder and luckily getting a somewhat fair match. Thank you for your opinions.

Peace,
Natalie IceRiver, Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
2
SchicksalBestimmun... on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I agree, the only way to win PvP now is pretty much with money.
False, you don't have to spend money on your gear. You need time and persistence. Crown items are only for people that don't have time and are really greedy. The pets, yea you might need money for them. But overall, money isn't the way to win. It's all about time.