Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP is bad for self esteem

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have many friends who continuously go on "losing streaks" in PvP. They report to me that it is very discouraging for them and they feel like total noobs because they rarely can win. I think ranked PvP should be taken out. Practice is fine.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
I saw the title of this post and it made me burst out laughing. it is just that funny.

Have you told your friends about Wizard Central forums PvP Guides on their forum? We can't make stickies of our guides here I don't think, but it would help them a lot.

Competition will always put you face to face with your strengths and weaknesses. Fortunately, the world is big and filled with many different TYPES of competition. Bet one of them can win a hot dog eating contest.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
They should take out ranked pvp becuase it makes people feel bad to lose? If people would do as Laura stated and tried to learn how to pvp, and then tried to learn from their losses, losing would be one step closer to winning.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You could go onto Central and look for guides. Or if you're a member you can request help in Partners in Dueling (I'm even an available partner there :D). But if that still doesn't help, just practice and practice. But to tell you the truth, I'm not the best at PvP.

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Brittany Rainriver legendary diviner
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
Laura Iceheart legendary thaumaturge
Nicole Jadesword legendary sorcerer
& 7 more wizzies

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I have many friends who continuously go on "losing streaks" in PvP. They report to me that it is very discouraging for them and they feel like total noobs because they rarely can win. I think ranked PvP should be taken out. Practice is fine.

While I understand how depressing it can be, my response is if they're not winning in ranked, what makes you think they're going to win in practice?

AND

Practice already exists. If you want to suggest to them that they avoid ranked and just stick with practice, that's cool.

However

You don't get tickets from practice matches

and

If ranked was taken out, you still wouldn't get tickets.

I'm betting they're doing ranked cause they want those tickets so they probably wouldn't like it if ranked was taken out.