Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP is awesome!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I think too many people complain about too many things in pvp. If you don't like it, and can't come up with YOUR OWN strategy to win, then stay out of pvp. At first it was very hard learning all the different schools and what spells they use. Every school has its own advantages and disadvantages. There is nothing wrong with the way PVP is at all. Being Warlord isn't supposed to be easy. You need to learn all the spells in the game- learn how to identify your opponent and have a strategy for every move played. If you can't do these things, then please don't play pvp because all the complaining is ruining it for most of us who enjoy it. Pvp is the hardest part in the game! It is for skilled players who LIKE TO THINK and have a challenge. Sometimes you go first- sometimes you go second- both require strategy.!! Build your decks right, get the cards you need, and practice- complaining doesn't accomplish much at all.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Actually it is easier for some schools, recently I've been noticing legendary ice wizards over 1200 with two losses or less. One I've even seen with a perfect record! This points directly to the fact that ice wizards have a better time with second position than others. Mabye they were just really skilled you ask? That hardly explains why there are so many soft ice players ranked past 1100. You can't argue with aggregate data. KI can see exactly how many wizards from each school are topping the ranked arena and wins vs losses and are continually working on balancing the game. Some people are very good and can make any wizard work for them but if you look at the big picture it's getting colder up there in ranked pvp.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Actually it is easier for some schools, recently I've been noticing legendary ice wizards over 1200 with two losses or less. One I've even seen with a perfect record! This points directly to the fact that ice wizards have a better time with second position than others. Mabye they were just really skilled you ask? That hardly explains why there are so many soft ice players ranked past 1100. You can't argue with aggregate data. KI can see exactly how many wizards from each school are topping the ranked arena and wins vs losses and are continually working on balancing the game. Some people are very good and can make any wizard work for them but if you look at the big picture it's getting colder up there in ranked pvp.

No WAY! A Perfect Record? Impossible! That can't be, must be a fluke! What was he 1 - 0? 10 - 0? 1000000 - 0?

Give me a break!

If you can't beat em, join em. Meaning, if you are not smart enough to form a strategy against ice, make an ice character. However, in your case, since all you seem to do is whine and cry about ice, I think you would still lose to every school, however, you would then see, it is the player and not the school that is overpowered. That, or you would start, like most complainers and start complaining that Balance is TOO powerful. OR Life heals too Much, or Death's Skeletal Dragon is Way too Powerful, or Storm is too Powerful and that darn WildBOlt! Or Fire is way too Powerful with Efreet and Heckhound! or, Ice is too Powerful, they resist everything! OR, Myth is too Powerful, they stun you for 2 rounds, remove the stun shields, and stun you again and then kill you easy! Or, OH, wait, that is all the schools! OK, every school is way too powerful. Please help me, I can't win in PvP. Make all players spell not work against me KI, please! So I can win! Or I will quit and you will lose my money!

(Last part is sarcasm, in case you don't know it!)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Okay Ice MIGHT be at the top of pvp chart but does that mean they are unstoppable?? NO!! Cause I can beat them most the time now. Yes you have to buy treasure cards. They have huge resist against every school and high health but they have LOW DAMAGE.. They are nothing without their blades so TAKE THEM OFF. I see what you are saying, and yes Ice does top the chart so something must not be right with that- but they still can be beaten with good strategy just like I listed above. Take off their blades- and if they put the ice thing that goes around the pvp circle, change it. Put tons of -50 health on them, so they can't heal, and then load up yourself with blades and traps. You can take away their damage which makes them nothing even with high health and resisting everything... It takes some thinking but it can be done.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Acutally, it is easy for all schools, if you learn your school and develope a good strategy. You spend more time on here posting and whining about Ice than you do anything else. If you would spend that time forming a good strategy, you might actually figure out a way to beat them. But I understand, it is easier to whine and complain hoping KI changes things, rather than to actually have to think for once in your life.

But hey, if that's your thing, so be it, I got cheese!

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Finally! A post to show everyone how awesome PVP is instead of complaining how "hard" or "bad" it is.

Rachel RavenTalon,
Level 35 Myth
"Honorary Detective"

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Finally! A post to show everyone how awesome PVP is instead of complaining how "hard" or "bad" it is.

Rachel RavenTalon,
Level 35 Myth
"Honorary Detective"

I use to like PvP untill the cheats(I dont mean healing or shielding etc...) and foul language and stalking,I had fun in PvP enjoyed win or lose it was fun, I stopped playing because Itjust got tiresome deal with all the bad poeple that came into PvP, they took what was once fun an killed it,aleast for me.

hope you have fun playing an good luck

Michael RedBlood

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
travisAk wrote:

No WAY! A Perfect Record? Impossible! That can't be, must be a fluke! What was he 1 - 0? 10 - 0? 1000000 - 0?

Give me a break!

If you can't beat em, join em. Meaning, if you are not smart enough to form a strategy against ice, make an ice character. However, in your case, since all you seem to do is whine and cry about ice, I think you would still lose to every school, however, you would then see, it is the player and not the school that is overpowered. That, or you would start, like most complainers and start complaining that Balance is TOO powerful. OR Life heals too Much, or Death's Skeletal Dragon is Way too Powerful, or Storm is too Powerful and that darn WildBOlt! Or Fire is way too Powerful with Efreet and Heckhound! or, Ice is too Powerful, they resist everything! OR, Myth is too Powerful, they stun you for 2 rounds, remove the stun shields, and stun you again and then kill you easy! Or, OH, wait, that is all the schools! OK, every school is way too powerful. Please help me, I can't win in PvP. Make all players spell not work against me KI, please! So I can win! Or I will quit and you will lose my money!

A little harsh there darthjt....

Anyways, it is nearly impossible to make every school 100% fair. now with ice, atm the ice and storm schools are the most powerful (not by a lot). The problem with ice is that they have the health and resist to give them tons of blades whereas the other schools need to use their 8 pip spells asap.Then again some other school spells do just as much damage as a moderate boosted Snow angle (Ice blade elemental blade and some other boost). But now, ever seen a snow angle with 5+ boosts? I have been hit by one doing around 700 damage on the first hit and 1000 each round, (have no idea why it was 700 on the first hit, should of been more like 500.) Now, killing an ice wizard is hard to do without a storm wizard, you mostly need critical or a powerful Dot spell (which I don't have since I am balance.) For my conclusion, I'll just say Ice is a little bit more powerful in 2v2+ but average in 1v1.

P.S.
darkjt, if someone posts an opinion you don't agree with, its rude to just call them a complainer or that they need a strategy. And please note that I would hate to see ice change, I am just posting my OPINION on the power of this school vs. others. And I also did make an ice wizard.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Acutally, it is easy for all schools, if you learn your school and develope a good strategy. You spend more time on here posting and whining about Ice than you do anything else. If you would spend that time forming a good strategy, you might actually figure out a way to beat them. But I understand, it is easier to whine and complain hoping KI changes things, rather than to actually have to think for once in your life.

But hey, if that's your thing, so be it, I got cheese!

I'm not going to reply to your negative rants, until you start paying off my credit card bill I will express myself freely. My buying a subscription gives me the right to post my thoughts on this site regardless of what you might think.
And the cheese this is just getting a little... Cheesy. LoL. Pls don't reply to me in the future because really you have nothing constructive to put forth. I still think it's a great game, that's why I'm still here and by the way, I didn't get to 1246 without strategy. Over 700 wins, all my friends are above 1000 Ty

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Give me a break!

Anyways, it is nearly impossible to make every school 100% fair. now with ice, atm the ice and storm schools are the most powerful (not by a lot). The problem with ice is that they have the health and resist to give them tons of blades whereas the other schools need to use their 8 pip spells asap.Then again some other school spells do just as much damage as a moderate boosted Snow angle (Ice blade elemental blade and some other boost). But now, ever seen a snow angle with 5+ boosts? I have been hit by one doing around 700 damage on the first hit and 1000 each round, (have no idea why it was 700 on the first hit, should of been more like 500.) Now, killing an ice wizard is hard to do without a storm wizard, you mostly need critical or a powerful Dot spell (which I don't have since I am balance.) For my conclusion, I'll just say Ice is a little bit more powerful in 2v2+ but average in 1v1.

P.S.
darkjt, if someone posts an opinion you don't agree with, its rude to just call them a complainer or that they need a strategy. And please note that I would hate to see ice change, I am just posting my OPINION on the power of this school vs. others. And I also did make an ice wizard.

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, or in this case!
Can't stand the frostbite, don't go out into a blizzard!

I have every right to be harsh if I want to be. If you have been following the forums, this one guy, has been all over, complaining about how powerful ice is. How they need to be changed. How something has to be done!

I have shown, how other schools compare to ice and how, it is either his strategy at fault, or his skill. The schools are balanced, if you know how to play. The only other thing that could be done, to help people stop whining, is to make updated arena gear. That is the major complaint!

Now, people like him, whine, complain, and cry, everywhere and anywhere, trying to get things changed. Why, because they can't win! They want wins handed down to them. People like this get things handed to them, unless someone like me, puts them in their place!

I am tired of good spells being changed because we did not speak up against the sore losers. I am tired of this game being ruined by all the whiners. I am out of cheese and all the whambulances are out. So, it is a hard rough world we live in.

Fact still remains, Ice is exactly where Ice should be and if you can't beat ice, rethink your strategy, or join them. Because, if you can't beat them and you join them, you will see, it is your strategy that is beatable, not the school!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Give me a break!

P.S.

I have every right to be harsh if I want to be. If you have been following the forums, this one guy, has been all over, complaining about how powerful ice is. How they need to be changed. How something has to be done!

I have shown, how other schools compare to ice and how, it is either his strategy at fault, or his skill. The schools are balanced, if you know how to play. The only other thing that could be done, to help people stop whining, is to make updated arena gear. That is the major complaint!

Now, people like him, whine, complain, and cry, everywhere and anywhere, trying to get things changed. Why, because they can't win! They want wins handed down to them. People like this get things handed to them, unless someone like me, puts them in their place!

I am tired of good spells being changed because we did not speak up against the sore losers. I am tired of this game being ruined by all the whiners. I am out of cheese and all the whambulances are out. So, it is a hard rough world we live in.

Fact still remains, Ice is exactly where Ice should be and if you can't beat ice, rethink your strategy, or join them. Because, if you can't beat them and you join them, you will see, it is your strategy that is beatable, not the school!

You are right, but not exactly, the power of a school can also mean how easy it is to create a strategy for that school. Since ice's gear is better then the arena gear, they just equip their legendary gear. Whereas I have to choose or mix between the two. The whole judgment thing wasn't unfair because of the spell, but because of how easy it is to come up with that strategy (this isn't a good example because defending against it is just as easy.) But the point is, an ice strategy in 4v4 is easier to come up with then one for my balance. (which is why I made an ice wizard.) Please note: it is pretty hard to defend against DOT spells (even with weakness.) Meaning that its MUCH harder to come up with a strategy to defeat ice then to win using ice. I am always overjoyed when I find that an ice wizard is on my team in a 4v4. For this update ice is a pretty powerful school but maybe in the next, another school will take ice's place. I don't think any changes should ever be made to a school (the only one I agree with is the wild bolt but that's a different discussion.) So basically, don't change the schools the way they are, but add new things to the other schools to balance it out.

I am not saying these because I lose to ice wizards and I want an easy way to beat them (I beat them many times before.) But I am saying this from my pure opinion on this "situation".

P.S.
I do agree with you, people complaining is annoying, and whats worse is when KI changes the spells because of that.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
You know, i was just about to post something that complains about complainers, but then i saw your post and i totally agree with you. If pvp annoys you so much, then dont do pvp. if it still annoys you, then this game is not right for you. PVP is AWESOME!! :D :)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Give me a break!

P.S.

You are right, but not exactly, the power of a school can also mean how easy it is to create a strategy for that school. Since ice's gear is better then the arena gear, they just equip their legendary gear. Whereas I have to choose or mix between the two. The whole judgment thing wasn't unfair because of the spell, but because of how easy it is to come up with that strategy (this isn't a good example because defending against it is just as easy.) But the point is, an ice strategy in 4v4 is easier to come up with then one for my balance. (which is why I made an ice wizard.) Please note: it is pretty hard to defend against DOT spells (even with weakness.) Meaning that its MUCH harder to come up with a strategy to defeat ice then to win using ice. I am always overjoyed when I find that an ice wizard is on my team in a 4v4. For this update ice is a pretty powerful school but maybe in the next, another school will take ice's place. I don't think any changes should ever be made to a school (the only one I agree with is the wild bolt but that's a different discussion.) So basically, don't change the schools the way they are, but add new things to the other schools to balance it out.

I am not saying these because I lose to ice wizards and I want an easy way to beat them (I beat them many times before.) But I am saying this from my pure opinion on this "situation".

P.S.
I do agree with you, people complaining is annoying, and whats worse is when KI changes the spells because of that.
I beat like 5 ice grands yesterday. i am only level 43!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009