Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Hotfix

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We're casting a REALLY big spell tonight to fix the problems with the Player vs Player matching and duels.
Thank you to all our players who gave us feedback about the issues they were encountering.

Wizard101 will be offline starting at 3am Central US time and ending approximately 4am Central US time. During this downtime players will not be able to log in to the game, and players who are in the game will need to log out.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Ok the spell was cast, now we need to know from you, our players, if this fixed your Player vs Player queue problems.

Thanks!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Unfortunately no.

Like the previous two patches, I was able to get in a match first before the problems returned. This time I actually got into a second match. The opponent fled, the match ended and then from that point on it went into the looking for team mate loop for any match I tried to join or create.

:(

Not a happy camper.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Better news.

The problem is now intermittent, rather than an all the time bug. If I just keep trying, on the 3rd to 5th attempt it lets me in. So that's better than nothing. at least now I can play. :)

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Ha, what a turn around. Apparently the fix for this is to post. :)

As soon as I posted the above I was no longer able to get into any matches. :(

Trying over and over again stopped working. :(

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I am unable to find a team for any type of PvP match. I used to be able to (a week or so ago) but now any type of match I try to join, it just hangs up and never puts me on a team.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
it was working for a little while, then it stopped working for me again. I have tried to go into a match but it still doesnt let me and it freezes up. My little sister was experiencing the same problem but when it worked on her wizard it stopped working on mine. It like if it goes on and off like it works a couple of times then it doesnt work at all. Right now it is not working for me at all.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Bug is back for me. Got into first game only. Trying over and over, logging off and on. No luck yet.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Hello,

I still have this bug, even after your patch attempts. Hope you can fix this bug soon! it hangs up at searching for teammates, even though I am doing a quick join 1v1, which doesnt even require teammates. it does the same if i try 2v2 3v3 4v4 also. the pvp screen will stay up hours on end, and never match you versus anyone. I tried creating a game once and asked my friend if hecould join it, but it doesnt show and he coudlnt get in anything.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
So far so good. Haven't had any trouble getting into either practice or ranked matches. Went through about a half dozen or so before heading out to work this morning, all went well.