Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP help, any wizard but Fire......

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Need PvP help......

Here is one battle in PvP, that always gives me problems. I am looking for any advise that anyone has to offer.

I am Balance, Death, Ice or Myth, level 70.
In the below cases, I have been on my Balance.

I don't use shatter, even put it in the deck once, and decided not to use it.
I have the Myth amulets (on Balance and Death), and I do use Earthquake, if the option shows up.

If a Fire uses the standard tactics, with Heals, I can do ok against them.
Fire is always the hardest Wizard for me to kill, yes even harder than a
life or myth.

Here's an overview of the PvP 1v1 battle....

I am facing a Fire, Level 70.
He has waterworks gear, good pet, etc and running around a 900-1100 rank.

The fire has one mission, to use every pip on attacking (plus blading), while
throwing out Shields, weakness, Fire Aura, Minion, and later infection.
In a some cases, they won't even toss out the Minion.

They seem to have no heals in their deck, and if they do, they have never used them.
With this setup, they can attack hard and fast, all pips go to damage.
Pips build fast, as none are wasted on heals, or other non-damage type spells.
Their deck is designed to be totally agressive, and they have an amulet that boost HP and usually gear or pets that give an extra fireblade.

They use Power Link and Gared Fire Elf to keep sheilds off of you.
They use Efreet to attack hard, knowing it will slow you down, at least one/two rounds.
They constnatly use Power link, so that you will have trouble keeping your hp.
So they are bringing up their HP, to stay just out of your combo range.

As soon as they get your health down, they pound you with a fully bladed Heck Hound, for massive damage. Triage would be nice, but I have none in my deck, can never find them in the store. Earthquake is nice, but in this case, they often don't show up when you need them.

The only other school that can stand hit for hit, with fire is storm, and I don't pvp my storm. I don't want to set up my Deck for a turtle type setup, as then I could never defeat anyone from second.

All five times I have faced this stratergy, I have gone second. My luck is not good, I go second exactly 75% of the time (I keep track of it).

Going second, what do you think the best stratergy would be to counter this?
Any input would be good.

Thanks,
Joe.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Problem with what I may suggest is, you might not like using the set up or you may never know when you will face that particular fire wizard. This reminds me of my "Link spamming is tough to overcome" thread.

The problem in fighting back comes from those annoying sun enchanted elves and links. So every turn you are losing at least 180 points of health, double that with two links and you can really see the damage adding up fast. If you can keep fortify up plus spam weakness on them, you are softening the damage and building your pips as well (duh :p )

Now here is the ideal and most challenging task, while you are building pips, Use a medusa to shut them up for two turns. At some point though, they may have summoned the fire minion so you gotta melt it off as well. If they are spamming fire minions...well, I hope you have the frogs.

Try to spare your shields for these players. They will be patient and keep their pips up. Remember fire is very open to steal charm. So try using the treasure versions of steal charm against them. If they have a pet that is automatically casting things like dragonblade, free extra power for you!

As far as heals, a gear set up with heal boost of at least 60% would be great for this. If you are using life amulet, go ahead and heal just once when they are double stunned. These fire fighters can be really tough. But keeping them soft and keeping your pips up as well is key. Don't be afraid or intimidated by one or two enchanted links/elves, but keep an eye on your health. Weakness them, have fortify close if you can, and frog off their minions, stun. Shielding will force them to either waste all their pips on hound instead of efreet, or waste a blade on another link or elf. And a blade on link or elf might be better than it being used on an efreet.

It's really tough fighting them though I know. (Sorry I can only suggest for myth. But of course if you are balance, you can use your own availing hand heals to counter their dot's. And powernova is great to stack with a plain weakness and since it is a mob hit, their minion will be going down too. Don't count out Nova on balance. It's pretty useful.)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
*lights tread on fire* Mua haha.

On topic: Joe maybe you SHOULD be asking high lvl fire wizards about this? They are the ones who get defeated from time to time and probably could provide good input *cough* *cough*

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
spencer2015 wrote:
I am fire and your best bet is when you see us run!

Well TravsiAK,

I got my Warlord Fire's input....... :)

Joe.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Need PvP help......

Here is one battle in PvP, that always gives me problems. I am looking for any advise that anyone has to offer.

I am Balance, Death, Ice or Myth, level 70.
In the below cases, I have been on my Balance.

I don't use shatter, even put it in the deck once, and decided not to use it.
I have the Myth amulets (on Balance and Death), and I do use Earthquake, if the option shows up.

If a Fire uses the standard tactics, with Heals, I can do ok against them.
Fire is always the hardest Wizard for me to kill, yes even harder than a
life or myth.

Here's an overview of the PvP 1v1 battle....

I am facing a Fire, Level 70.
He has waterworks gear, good pet, etc and running around a 900-1100 rank.

The fire has one mission, to use every pip on attacking (plus blading), while
throwing out Shields, weakness, Fire Aura, Minion, and later infection.
In a some cases, they won't even toss out the Minion.

They seem to have no heals in their deck, and if they do, they have never used them.
With this setup, they can attack hard and fast, all pips go to damage.
Pips build fast, as none are wasted on heals, or other non-damage type spells.
Their deck is designed to be totally agressive, and they have an amulet that boost HP and usually gear or pets that give an extra fireblade.

They use Power Link and Gared Fire Elf to keep sheilds off of you.
They use Efreet to attack hard, knowing it will slow you down, at least one/two rounds.
They constnatly use Power link, so that you will have trouble keeping your hp.
So they are bringing up their HP, to stay just out of your combo range.

As soon as they get your health down, they pound you with a fully bladed Heck Hound, for massive damage. Triage would be nice, but I have none in my deck, can never find them in the store. Earthquake is nice, but in this case, they often don't show up when you need them.

The only other school that can stand hit for hit, with fire is storm, and I don't pvp my storm. I don't want to set up my Deck for a turtle type setup, as then I could never defeat anyone from second.

All five times I have faced this stratergy, I have gone second. My luck is not good, I go second exactly 75% of the time (I keep track of it).

Going second, what do you think the best stratergy would be to counter this?
Any input would be good.

Thanks,
Joe.

Going back awhile I did lose to a balance (now my friend) and his strategy might help you though I don't know... but it beat me. He would blade up and use a fire elf. This would take off tower shields for a few rounds. Then in his sidedeck he spammed unbalance and life dispels. The unbalance would make it so the opponent could not use blades at all and make them fizz. This would make it so virtually none of the opponents attacks were strong because most power comes from blades and traps.

Then the life dispels would make it so they could not heal. Once he had 2-3 of them on the person he would then cast sanctuary. This would allow him to heal and use availing hands to heal and get some nice boost. So he was usually close to full health.

Since his opponent couldn't get blades up for a nice strike and if his opponent used Efreet he would look for a cleanse charm or just wand it away and attack the next round.

By the time he attacked usually his opponent had not shields because of elf and would use a judgement with a feint and double blade or look for chimera with 2 sets of blades and 1-2 balance blades. The next turn he would follow it up with a spectral blast with another 1-2 blades with ice, storm, or fire blades on him. Usually that was enough to kill whoever he was facing.

I hope this helps you Joe, I know fire is pretty strong.

Blake NightWraith

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Corbin and Blake,

Thanks for the input, it has helped, and I have changed my deck setup based on your comments. I'll see what happens this weekend, and post back if I win a few against a few fires.

Thanks,
Joe.