Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2011
This was written by my daughter and I have to say I completely agree with her. Please review what she wrote and take it into CONSIDERATION.

"I think that the PvP Gear (Coat of Invincibility) and the rest of the outfit should be available in Crowns. The reason being is because some people like me cannot get past Private because I always get defeated.

I am level 54 Balance and I always get Transcended people who defeat me in 2-3 rounds leaving me no time to defeat them.

Either you should be able to get the PvP gear with tickets and Commander rank OR just buy it with crowns and any ranking. Another option being that you should change your Ranked PvP System where you get paired up with someone in your own level area, such as for me being level 54 I would be placed with someone level 50-55, ETC. Please put this email into hand, and please do something about it. "

I thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
At level 54 the PvP Commander Gear isn't very good: No critical block. She'll run herself around in circles, getting slaughtered by critical Helephants and the like. Her best possible options are (in order of immediacy and ascending order of quality) 1. getting to grandmaster artisan by completing all the crafting quests throughout the worlds and then leveling up to 55 so she can put it on. The crafted clothes merchants who sell recipes for the gear she can put on are in The Grotto, Stormriven, Science Center, and also Sudrilund in Wintertusk. 2. Get through Celestia and level up to 58 so she can wear the level 58 Celestian No Auction gear (probably not better than the crafted gear, my bad) or 3. Complete Grizzleheim and Wintertusk and the final dungeon in Wintertusk (Nastrond) supplies other level 58 No Auction gear that will probably need to be farmed (a hat, robe, shoes, ring and athame). 4. Get to level 60 and farm Waterworks for the Hood, Cape and Boots of Judgement--this last option is supreme over the others.

5. Find more creative dueling options that don't rely so heavily on gear choice. This is the most fun and rewarding option. :-D Unfortunately, the most difficult...

By then, she won't really need or want the PvP Commander gear anymore, insofar as its stats are concerned. But she may be a couple steps closer to Warlord so tell her to save up her arena tickets and buy a Magma Colossus. It gives Spell Defy (4-5% general resist), a key arena stat. It is a risky investment because the pet may not get that one talent! Mine didn't, what a waste :x But it could also be the best investment of her arena tickets. Or if she already has a pet with Defy, moot point, of course.

I sincerely hope she receives more fair matches in the future, people closer to her own level, rather than being unfairly wasted by transcended wizards like me wearing obnoxiously overpowered outfits

She can do it!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Sorry but big problem there. Wizards with more money would be able to win pvp easily without much skill. KI would loose a lot of middle class customers. Now the wizards who buy subscriptions and earn the gear desearve it, and if you dont like loosing in rank pvp dont do ranked pvp. This is one reson why i think KI made practice so they wouldnt have to live with complaints of (no offense) less skilled people.