Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp be completely taken over by storm!!!!!

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
69
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
9 Pips is a lot to spend for that spell. And with your accuracy boosts from gear, that -50 isn't a sure fire fizzle. And it is even weaker than leviathan at 915. You can do it. I'm sure they will be paying the price for this spell in some way, mainly the pip cost. Your Katzenstein and scarecrow are great for heals. You can use this to counter the damage taken. Especially in team play! Think of all that wonderful health you get to steal with your scarecrow

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Quite true, in 1v1 every school except storm would be private rank.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
could ki make katzenstien attack all opponents like crow?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
No Use Corbin, the PvP whiners will always complain about new spells...

Just wait till they see myths new dragon that does DOT and stuns, so much for triage saving them...

Oh, just wait, all of the complaints will fly in, about this spell and that spell too powerful and Ice having too much resist to fire and storm again, etc...

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL.


nonsense. Don't let the storm mage build up the pips. Hit them with several poisons and make them spend their pips healing.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
41
If your an older player than you probably know about all the people who complain about the game and since 08-09 have changed the game so much just because they found that something perfectly fair was cheating or too strong, so they complain to kingsisle and make huge updates in the arena and more for it, well right now you sound exactly like one of those people.
So instead of trying to change a different spell by complaing, just try to persuade them to make other spells better. That way you will be improving the game and offering new ideas instead of complaining about another school as people always do.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
Hmm Wrong Forum. Test Realm Post... No Spoilers, Thanks!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Hey everybody look its a PvP complaining Feild Day! See Poinsdeth people that complain about something not even out in live realm give PvP a bad rep. All the spells might be changed before entering live realm, and most of the early gamers don't PvP anymore so we're retired and probably don't care what the spells do in PvP. I don't care if K.I. made Sirens do 10,000 damage for 3 pips cause I don't PvP anymore and its their game. Sure we basicly pay them, but still doesn't mean you can complain about everything you don't like.
So lets get this straight you complain about a spell not officially released yet and complain? You just showed everyone you have a problem with Storm.
Thats what people mean by PvP is broken cause people can't stop complaining and understand that they can't win every match because they aren't the main character of the game. Lastly it does 915 damage, removes 2 blades I believe, and reduces major threat helping the other spells. Almost all of us would die in PvE against very hard bosses if that spell didn't exist. Stop the Complainers' Feild Day and grow up, or just find another game to play dude simple as that.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
darthjt wrote:
No Use Corbin, the PvP whiners will always complain about new spells...

Just wait till they see myths new dragon that does DOT and stuns, so much for triage saving them...

Oh, just wait, all of the complaints will fly in, about this spell and that spell too powerful and Ice having too much resist to fire and storm again, etc...


The complainers must really think your a wizard predicting the future. While some of them read this they're probably thinking: "Darn there goes my next complaint."

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
May 25, 2009
24
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
72
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Hmm... I know one thing, it's not gonna hurt people too badly in 1v1 PVP, but definitely in multi pvp. But us ice still have the awesome snow angel's 760, not quite 915, but hard to block, on top of that, you got great healing from scarecrow!

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
130
emilo wrote:
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Hmm... I know one thing, it's not gonna hurt people too badly in 1v1 PVP, but definitely in multi pvp. But us ice still have the awesome snow angel's 760, not quite 915, but hard to block, on top of that, you got great healing from scarecrow!


Mammoth only does 800-900 damage and it attacks one person while sirens do 915 damage and it attacks all people! Sure we have snow angle, but aren't you kinda mad about how bad our new spell is??

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Alexander5335 wrote:
emilo wrote:
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Hmm... I know one thing, it's not gonna hurt people too badly in 1v1 PVP, but definitely in multi pvp. But us ice still have the awesome snow angel's 760, not quite 915, but hard to block, on top of that, you got great healing from scarecrow!


Mammoth only does 800-900 damage and it attacks one person while sirens do 915 damage and it attacks all people! Sure we have snow angle, but aren't you kinda mad about how bad our new spell is??


Ice, got 2 AOE spells, back to back... Frost Giant, which attacks all and stuns, and snow angel, the best AOE spell of all time, that shreds through shields...

Ice needed a powerful single attack, so how on earth can you complain?


A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
darthjt wrote:
No Use Corbin, the PvP whiners will always complain about new spells...

Just wait till they see myths new dragon that does DOT and stuns, so much for triage saving them...

Oh, just wait, all of the complaints will fly in, about this spell and that spell too powerful and Ice having too much resist to fire and storm again, etc...


Basilisk isn't too much damage. It's perfectly fine. Just because you don't have Triage doesn't mean you can't survive it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
No Use Corbin, the PvP whiners will always complain about new spells...

Just wait till they see myths new dragon that does DOT and stuns, so much for triage saving them...

Oh, just wait, all of the complaints will fly in, about this spell and that spell too powerful and Ice having too much resist to fire and storm again, etc...


Basilisk isn't too much damage. It's perfectly fine. Just because you don't have Triage doesn't mean you can't survive it.


Joujou, I did not mean to say the spell was too powerful... I love the Basilisk spell, I think it is perfectly awesome!

What I am saying, is that pvp players whine and complain about every spell that is good or perfect...

Look at all the complaints about Snow Angel... Now, Myth has a perfect 1v1 spell... As powerful as myth was before, now it is going to be even more powerful...

I am just saying, expect the complaints, pvp people always complain when they lose...

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
4
you all have to understand that storm is made for power and strength. you keep complaining that its overpowered when we have the lowest health. WOW pvp is hard huh guess what its called storm shield plus you have to learn to play with other schools, understand why there are like this. KI has altered enough of storm for all you complaining people who dont know the first thing to pvp 1. wild bolt is now pretty much useless and now sirens when will you learn to stop the ignorance but i guess ignorance is bliss.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
130
darthjt wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
emilo wrote:
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Hmm... I know one thing, it's not gonna hurt people too badly in 1v1 PVP, but definitely in multi pvp. But us ice still have the awesome snow angel's 760, not quite 915, but hard to block, on top of that, you got great healing from scarecrow!


Mammoth only does 800-900 damage and it attacks one person while sirens do 915 damage and it attacks all people! Sure we have snow angle, but aren't you kinda mad about how bad our new spell is??


Ice, got 2 AOE spells, back to back... Frost Giant, which attacks all and stuns, and snow angel, the best AOE spell of all time, that shreds through shields...

Ice needed a powerful single attack, so how on earth can you complain?



Because every other spell has some cool side effect, while ice just gets a stun??? Stuns, again, only work once.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Alexander5335 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
emilo wrote:
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Hmm... I know one thing, it's not gonna hurt people too badly in 1v1 PVP, but definitely in multi pvp. But us ice still have the awesome snow angel's 760, not quite 915, but hard to block, on top of that, you got great healing from scarecrow!


Mammoth only does 800-900 damage and it attacks one person while sirens do 915 damage and it attacks all people! Sure we have snow angle, but aren't you kinda mad about how bad our new spell is??


Ice, got 2 AOE spells, back to back... Frost Giant, which attacks all and stuns, and snow angel, the best AOE spell of all time, that shreds through shields...

Ice needed a powerful single attack, so how on earth can you complain?



Because every other spell has some cool side effect, while ice just gets a stun??? Stuns, again, only work once.


Well, KI could have given ice another spell with Taunt as the side effect...

Still want to complain about it being stun instead of taunt?

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
if you think ice is a let down choose a different school, maybe storm? since your complaining about mammoths power.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
soulstaff wrote:
If your an older player than you probably know about all the people who complain about the game and since 08-09 have changed the game so much just because they found that something perfectly fair was cheating or too strong, so they complain to kingsisle and make huge updates in the arena and more for it, well right now you sound exactly like one of those people.
So instead of trying to change a different spell by complaing, just try to persuade them to make other spells better. That way you will be improving the game and offering new ideas instead of complaining about another school as people always do.


Ok, lvl 70 Storm Warlord. 'Nough said.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
130
watsupdog111 wrote:
if you think ice is a let down choose a different school, maybe storm? since your complaining about mammoths power.


I own a storm but all the special stuff i own is on my ice.....why would i change??

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
poinsdeth wrote:
I am a lvl 63 necromancer (on test realm of course) and I have seen the new spells death and storm gets and I just gotta say this. Storms new spells sirens WILL BE THE END OF PVP FOR US ALL. for 9 pips the spells does 915 storm damage, stuns, puts 2 minus 50 accuracy and get this IT DOES IT TO ALL ENEMIES . the spells accuracy ether needs to be lowered to at least 30 or 35 at the most to be that powerful. While death on the other hand gets the spell katzensteinze monster all it does is 820 health drain for 9 pips and nothing else while all the other schools get awesome side effects. I think that deaths new spell is highly underpowerd even if it is for lvl 70. They should make it's effect better or not only just steal health. Perhaps do something along the lines of this. Spell effect changed to this "820 drain damage and heals eqch team member by 1/4 of the drain damage and half if it's a team of 2 or 3. or fianlly give death a stun spell and have it still hit and stun all enemies or 2 random ones. . I'm prolly gonna get a lot of nasty comments from the storm community but this is taking it to far power wise EVEN FOR STORM.


Comparing to Death spell, Storm will always have more damage! You complaining that we gonna have good side effects, so what? Storm doesn't even have one single Dot Spell that can be obtain as one of our training spells. Storm still gonna face storm shields! Even with new pierce system their is small chance it will work...

You know I'm tired that storm spells are always being change because some people just complain!Storm Health IS and HAS Never been Improve! Again you can protect yourself with shields! There is plenty of time before getting 9 pips! Storm has low Health but also low Power PiP chance unlike Death!

I want my storm spell as it is right now, I don't even do PvP anymore... Instead of complaining about Storm spells! Complain that PvP System needs to be improve!

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
90

I have a legendary storm wizard. I love my legendary storm wizard. I want all the benefits for him that can be derived from a spell. That said, I think two accuracy reductions plus stun is way too much power for any one spell. I think the game is currently trying to boost power through the rafters and has forgotten refinement.

Some wizards out there have so much power I think they've forgotten a few things. For instance: I recently soloed the Labyrinth (twice) to get my Orthrus. Surely, there are few challenges out there now a days that even compare to such a task, other than what? Helephant and a few dungeons? But yes! By all means! Keep raising the ceiling on power!

Please explain how, on top of all the totally unbalanced Waterworks accuracy boosts, the worst two accuracy schools in the game (Fire, Storm) get the two best spells (Siren, Fire Minion) for reducing accuracy?

Any Theurgist Necromancer or Sorcerer will tell you: We are the new fizzlers.

And I've seen the Zafaria accuracy boosts on Test Realm: Not a big help.

No, I dont know that Siren means Storm will automatically dominate in 1v1. 2v2 and especially 3v3 or 4v4 may prove to be another story. What I do know is that for the sake of that 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 team on the other side, one accuracy reduction plus stun is more than fair to ask.

Though I really enjoy my storm wizard, I find group Tempest vs Tempest or Storm Lord vs Storm or Lord or as it may come to be Siren vs Siren, above all, boring.

Period

On the other hand, to be fair, I have a legendary necromancer and I don't see how it's fair to change Katzensteins Monster to benefit the death wizard any more. Maybe make him a hit-all spell?

They are still only testing the spells, remember.


A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1615
jojowild23 wrote:

I have a legendary storm wizard. I love my legendary storm wizard. I want all the benefits for him that can be derived from a spell. That said, I think two accuracy reductions plus stun is way too much power for any one spell. I think the game is currently trying to boost power through the rafters and has forgotten refinement.

Some wizards out there have so much power I think they've forgotten a few things. For instance: I recently soloed the Labyrinth (twice) to get my Orthrus. Surely, there are few challenges out there now a days that even compare to such a task, other than what? Helephant and a few dungeons? But yes! By all means! Keep raising the ceiling on power!

Please explain how, on top of all the totally unbalanced Waterworks accuracy boosts, the worst two accuracy schools in the game (Fire, Storm) get the two best spells (Siren, Fire Minion) for reducing accuracy?

Any Theurgist Necromancer or Sorcerer will tell you: We are the new fizzlers.

And I've seen the Zafaria accuracy boosts on Test Realm: Not a big help.

No, I dont know that Siren means Storm will automatically dominate in 1v1. 2v2 and especially 3v3 or 4v4 may prove to be another story. What I do know is that for the sake of that 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 team on the other side, one accuracy reduction plus stun is more than fair to ask.

Though I really enjoy my storm wizard, I find group Tempest vs Tempest or Storm Lord vs Storm or Lord or as it may come to be Siren vs Siren, above all, boring.

Period

On the other hand, to be fair, I have a legendary necromancer and I don't see how it's fair to change Katzensteins Monster to benefit the death wizard any more. Maybe make him a hit-all spell?

They are still only testing the spells, remember.



its been released

and i have one thing to say

dont change this spell

it fits storms power perfectly and its a game changer

if ya cant learn to counter new spells you will never win again

1