Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP battle format change

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I have an idea that may be controversial to some but may be great to others so I ask that everyone keep an open mind when I explain my proposal. In PvP it has long been debated that the player who goes first within the duel automatically has a massive advantage against their opponent as they have the power to counter and swiftly dismantle their foe with a barrage of attacks and shields that leave the player from the second position basically crippled when it comes to attacking which puts them constantly on the defensive struggling to survive throughout the duel. But what if this were no longer an issue as to who goes first or second but on equal footing when going toe to toe against opponents no matter which position you are in? My idea is instead of randomly giving the first position to a lucky player throughout the entire duel each turn a player selects a spell and the game randomly picks which player uses their spell first to even out the battlefield, this way duels will no longer be won by who goes first but by which player the game selects by a random 50% chance. True this would make pvp more luck based however isn't the arena already luck based by who goes first within the duel or who gets the shadow pip first? So the question is would you rather have an opponent have the unfair advantage of going first leading to your inevitable demise or would you share that position by letting fate decide the outcome equalizing the players going against each other allowing for the best player to win not entirely just based on who has the first place within the duel?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
DarkWIZard98x on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
I have an idea that may be controversial to some but may be great to others so I ask that everyone keep an open mind when I explain my proposal. In PvP it has long been debated that the player who goes first within the duel automatically has a massive advantage against their opponent as they have the power to counter and swiftly dismantle their foe with a barrage of attacks and shields that leave the player from the second position basically crippled when it comes to attacking which puts them constantly on the defensive struggling to survive throughout the duel. But what if this were no longer an issue as to who goes first or second but on equal footing when going toe to toe against opponents no matter which position you are in? My idea is instead of randomly giving the first position to a lucky player throughout the entire duel each turn a player selects a spell and the game randomly picks which player uses their spell first to even out the battlefield, this way duels will no longer be won by who goes first but by which player the game selects by a random 50% chance. True this would make pvp more luck based however isn't the arena already luck based by who goes first within the duel or who gets the shadow pip first? So the question is would you rather have an opponent have the unfair advantage of going first leading to your inevitable demise or would you share that position by letting fate decide the outcome equalizing the players going against each other allowing for the best player to win not entirely just based on who has the first place within the duel?
Freaky that we both posted the same thing. That sounds really confusing, I think that my idea (split the turn, each wizard gets 20 seconds to act) would be a lot more straightforward.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I like that you also want a fix to this problem but i have to agree with Robobot. Both sides taking turns to choose spells would a more logical way to fix the problem.