Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Me and my friend lvl 5's commanders decided to do a 2v2 and when we did we got a lvl 63storm vet and a lvl 2fire private the storm killed us in like the first turn with tempest and we lost 37ratings. How is this allowed this isn't fair at all the storm had power pips when we just had regular pips.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I agree. I have read the explaination on how they try to pair us up as closely as possible, but I have been getting into battles more and more lately where there were a major difference in levels. I think there should be a cap on it so it won't pair you up with someone so far out of your league.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Wipe off your feet, you just stepped into a dirty hole in the matching system. You see right now lvl 70's ranking up using low level puppets (the lvl two you fought) so they can fight lower level people. This way they can use critical hits and destroy their low level opponents because there is no critical block for them to defend with.

Sad story right. It's too bad, evertime someone asks me to 2vs2 I just say "Sorry, with all the puppet teams it's just not fun anymore".

I stick to 1vs1 and i suggest you do the same.

This is obviously a complicated problem to effectively solve but critical block on arena gear would be a good step towards balancing pvp. Pls incorporate critical block into arena gear already...

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TravisAK,

I'm not so sure that having Critical block would do any good.
How much block do you think they will give the gear, 70, maybe 90.

Why do I say that, for example, my level 70 Balance has 123 Critical Block.
I get hit with Fire and Storm criticals one 1 of every 2 matches.
Interesting that the lower 4 pips attack and heal spells critical far more than 9 pip spells.

Adding it may be a good idea, but I feel that it would be just as easy to block it out for certain matches.

Joe.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
travisAk wrote:
Wipe off your feet, you just stepped into a dirty hole in the matching system. You see right now lvl 70's ranking up using low level puppets (the lvl two you fought) so they can fight lower level people. This way they can use critical hits and destroy their low level opponents because there is no critical block for them to defend with.

Sad story right. It's too bad, evertime someone asks me to 2vs2 I just say "Sorry, with all the puppet teams it's just not fun anymore".

I stick to 1vs1 and i suggest you do the same.

This is obviously a complicated problem to effectively solve but critical block on arena gear would be a good step towards balancing pvp. Pls incorporate critical block into arena gear already...
I agree with everything you just said!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
ok i no this is kinda off topic but it seems like whenever i win i get 3 points but when i lose i lose 25! i think that is outragous i suggest KI make the minimum 10 and maximum 30 comment and help me

Wolf Deaththorn PvP Commander

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
flak98 wrote:
ok i no this is kinda off topic but it seems like whenever i win i get 3 points but when i lose i lose 25! i think that is outragous i suggest KI make the minimum 10 and maximum 30 comment and help me

Wolf Deaththorn PvP Commander

I agree. I usually 1v1 and when i win a couple of times a gain very little, i mean VERY little 7-12 ranking. Then some random private comes and knocks you off taking about 21 rank of your status. That is like winning 2 battles, and then losing 1 and losing the rank you gained from both wins.

Mrs. Greyrose, Please reply on this!