Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP 1v1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
I think in ranked pvp tc should be banned and the match up for pvp should be fixed. As a private I had to battle warlord after warlord I think they should match rank to rank not private to warlord

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Wolf Seeker on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I think in ranked pvp tc should be banned and the match up for pvp should be fixed. As a private I had to battle warlord after warlord I think they should match rank to rank not private to warlord
The only thing i disagree with is the TC being banned.. You can use TC as well as the opponent so there really shouldn't be a problem. otherwise yes, the matching system does need debugging...

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Wolf Seeker on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I disagree with both points. My level 33 balance battles people 50 levels higher than him at 1990 rank currently. If I was not able to use treasure cards, how would I EVER be able to defeat 4000 health ices, lifes, and even the storms of that level? Without treasure cards, low levels simply cannot do enough damage to defeat higher levels. And about the rank thing, you'd rather face privates that are quite possibly higher level than you rather than warlords that are lower level? Those warlords are probably just as unhappy that they're facing you as you are to be facing them. I mean, I would like it if Kingsisle would make it so that I wouldn't face level 50 warlords with 1400 rank. That's just unfair. But, facing people your own rank? You'd hardly ever get a match. When you get matched, it is based on your and your opponent's rank and level. If your opponent is a low level warlord, then you will be much higher level than them, thus making it a fair match. If the matching system wasn't the way it was, people wouldn't need to use treasure cards.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Speaking as an Ice Veteran, Myth Warlord and Storm Private, it is entirely possible to win against a Warlord if you are a Private.

My Ice regularly faces lower level Warlords and, to be honest, if it wasn't for their gear and treasure cards, I could have knocked them right off the map within ten rounds. However, the gear and treasure cards gave them a small leg up so that they could have a more even match. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, i t's all about strategy.

Speaking as a Warlord, I've been beaten by Privates who knew what they were doing. The treasure cards and gear can only hold them off for so long before they start to gain the advantage, which is why I have to use treasure cards, skill and luck to win.

Treasure cards should not be removed. I'd be fine with level capping certain spells, but totally removing treasure cards from PvP seems like a drastic measure for a problem which you, yourself, can fix. Nobody is stopping you from using treasure cards, so pick some up and use them to your advantage.