Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Puppeting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 03, 2011
83
Puppeting
I think I might have invented the term "puppet" by accident. It was a couple years ago, I was in a pvp vs like a 13 storm and I can't exactly remember the what I called the "Puppet Master". Anyways I called him the "puppet" as amusement to myself. He was named it for his weak stats and the fact that he can't do anything except bring the puppet master enjoyment. Here is a strategy to defeat them:

The Puppet Master cannot survive without his puppet, and the puppet needs it's puppet master to repair and sustain it. DO NOT single hit the puppet. Instead, use multi-target spells. When the puppet is dead, wait for a heal. when the puppet comes back, multi target again. this will postpone the puppet master for about 1-4 satyrs. After the fourth satyr, start to single hit them. The Puppet master wants you to loose all your pips on attacking him. If he is building up pips, build yours up. he will wait about 1-3 rounds after max pips before he goes offensive and forgets his puppet. I would reccoments stunning spells and then use all pips on him to kill him. NEVER kill the puppet master first or else the puppet will heal. Follow these tips and you will win.

Allot of people say that Puppet Teams have no skill, but as a successful puppet/puppet master/puppet hater, i can say that they do. They have to devise a plan on killing them as the puppet is actually the most dangerous. they have to heal, attack, break shields, stun, blade, trap and many other things. The puppet master is only a hitter. If the puppets are "fake Warlords" then that means EVERY warlord from level 1-50 is fake. It is a very useful strategy and is not appreciated by those who do not know how to puppet. Think of puppets like this:

2 cats see a mouse just sitting there. As the 2 cats close in on their prey, a dog comes around the corner and defends it's mouse friend. and now the mouse and the dog are feared by cats worldwide. the dog always defends it's mouse partner but some jealous cats say that the mouse is weak, and that without his dog that he would be dead. All cats are Tom, and all mice are Jerry. Jerry is simply outsmarting them to save himself from these hungry Toms.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
9
Re: Puppeting
i very much so enjoyed this post as well as the analogy. ur very wise to have noticed it like that, and now i will explain it to others in such a manner. i appreciate reading this! it is clever, nd i am vry surprised i am first to reply.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
110
Re: Puppeting
so you are saying puppet is bad? and you are telling us how to beat them?
i just got to tell you that this is pvp, ice got crazy res, puppet team, storm spam that's just how pvp do.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
Re: Puppeting
I think puppet teaming is unfair and most people who do it get fustrated because they can't win a 1v1 so they get a level 1 friend to get matched up with mid-levels. The puppet teams are also taking rank away from people who earned theirs and a lot of those points depending on what rank the puppet and puppetmaster is. How is a level 1 and a level 80 vs probably 2 level 45's fair? The level 80 has critical, good attack boost, most likely WW gear which gives some resist, and higher, more powerful cards. Look at the level 45's. They don't have critical hit or block and some of you are saying "Oh, then use Conviction"! Conviction is only 90% resistance and that on a master wizard with no critical block doesn't help a lot, they have cards that go up to rank 6 which compared to a Archmage is basically weak and easy to shield against. They don't have the best gear, probably have barely any resist, and they have a small amount of attack boosts. I thought Warlord was a badge you earned from doing very good in pvp, not from cheap teams who fight people lower than their levels.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
9
Re: Puppeting
gougou101 wrote:
so you are saying puppet is bad? and you are telling us how to beat them?
i just got to tell you that this is pvp, ice got crazy res, puppet team, storm spam that's just how pvp do.


possibly the least intelligent post i have seen in a while.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2011
83
Re: Puppeting
Firefrog16 wrote:
I think puppet teaming is unfair and most people who do it get fustrated because they can't win a 1v1 so they get a level 1 friend to get matched up with mid-levels. The puppet teams are also taking rank away from people who earned theirs and a lot of those points depending on what rank the puppet and puppetmaster is. How is a level 1 and a level 80 vs probably 2 level 45's fair? The level 80 has critical, good attack boost, most likely WW gear which gives some resist, and higher, more powerful cards. Look at the level 45's. They don't have critical hit or block and some of you are saying "Oh, then use Conviction"! Conviction is only 90% resistance and that on a master wizard with no critical block doesn't help a lot, they have cards that go up to rank 6 which compared to a Archmage is basically weak and easy to shield against. They don't have the best gear, probably have barely any resist, and they have a small amount of attack boosts. I thought Warlord was a badge you earned from doing very good in pvp, not from cheap teams who fight people lower than their levels.


I have a couple things to say about your post. Sorry for all your flaws but I'm going to have to at least tell people like you who are obviously new to pvp about puppeting.

1. Puppeting is not the lowest class of pvp even though they are easily beaten. Turtles are actually the owest class as i have heard that battles with them have gone up to 10+ hours.

2. You obviously did not read my entire post or you might not have read any of it. For your sake, I would recomend the analogy first and then read the guide.

3. Conviction is 90 critical RATING not percent, so I expect you are maybe level 5-10 but If you actually pay attention 90 rating is more than most legendary-transcended players and also about twice the average storm wizard.

4. Shields can very easily counter attacks while fires and storms can remove their blades. If you are and ice you should steal their shield. There are very easy ways to counter them.

5. As I do puppet allot, I must tell you that you are missing the point. I usually go up against level 50-75 wizards most of the time, so level 40 wizards are still going to pvp unless the puppet team is new to pvp.

6. The level 1 wizard has many TC (treasure cards which you probably don't know about or what they do). So once the others deal with them then the puppet master has no supply of boosts. Then he is weak and will be forced to attack. Shields can reduce that attack to make it nothing, leaving the puppet master vulnerable. while he is trying to shield have you first player kill the shiels and then your second player hit. Then repeat.

7. It is not that they can't win a 1v1, it is that they want to help their friend gain rank with them in a quick simple way. My lvl 33 fire puppet got to knight in 1v1 without any treasure cards.

Now I hope you can get to level 15 this weekend :) And remember: before you go and cry in the forums, try to get your wizard up to these levels and test it.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
452
Re: Puppeting
gougou101 wrote:
so you are saying puppet is bad? and you are telling us how to beat them?
i just got to tell you that this is pvp, ice got crazy res, puppet team, storm spam that's just how pvp do.


Storm spams? And how so? I as a Diviner, have never used Wild Bolt to spam. I hate that spell. With a passion. Because, if it doesn't fizzle for me it almost certainly does the minimal damage possible. And that is why I won't deal with it or Insane Bolt. If a Storm wizard is told to spam Wild Bolt, don't do it. It only has a 33 percent chance to do the maximum damage. Not to mention even if you have good accuracy it can still fizzle. I recommend using Kraken, Stormzilla and Triton.

Now, I tend to repeatedly use higher pip spells, but by mixing them up this can't be technically call spamming.

- Note, I keep zero, one, and two pip spells for breaking weakness and shields.

Astrologist
Mar 02, 2010
1099
Re: Puppeting
giratina222 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
so you are saying puppet is bad? and you are telling us how to beat them?
i just got to tell you that this is pvp, ice got crazy res, puppet team, storm spam that's just how pvp do.


possibly the least intelligent post i have seen in a while.


It is true though, killing a puppet team isn't as easy as people make it seem. The strategy from the OP works best with a puppet team vs a puppet team, but if you put 2 level 40's against a level 1 and a level 80, you'll notice that AoE's are very weak to those commander puppets, who would have around 50%+ resist. The puppet would usually have 0-39% resist, and would hardly ever go for the one 40+%. But, puppet teams aren't impossible to defeat, if you can find them predictable, dispel them at the right time. (Again, it's a whole lot harder then it seems).

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
573
Re: Puppeting
I don't think puppet is bad, cause its pretty much 1v2. Plus i know people who are warlords and started using puppet for arena tickets, so they would have to down rank, and they just let the puppet die and they just kill the people. The puppet also flees so I don't think they care much about the puppet and the puppets dont care about their rnk.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
17
Re: Puppeting
Puppeting is ok. if you are working as a level 40 team only, you can probably win easy by shielding a lot. try using tc shields

Tyler firerider, lvl 77 pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
2
Re: Puppeting
Firefrog16 wrote:
I think puppet teaming is unfair and most people who do it get fustrated because they can't win a 1v1 so they get a level 1 friend to get matched up with mid-levels. The puppet teams are also taking rank away from people who earned theirs and a lot of those points depending on what rank the puppet and puppetmaster is. How is a level 1 and a level 80 vs probably 2 level 45's fair? The level 80 has critical, good attack boost, most likely WW gear which gives some resist, and higher, more powerful cards. Look at the level 45's. They don't have critical hit or block and some of you are saying "Oh, then use Conviction"! Conviction is only 90% resistance and that on a master wizard with no critical block doesn't help a lot, they have cards that go up to rank 6 which compared to a Archmage is basically weak and easy to shield against. They don't have the best gear, probably have barely any resist, and they have a small amount of attack boosts. I thought Warlord was a badge you earned from doing very good in pvp, not from cheap teams who fight people lower than their levels.
I totally agree with you and these puppet teams are people who steal rank, have no real skill and are afraid to 1v1. or get on a level playing field in a multiplayer 2v2 or higher with like ability, level friends and opponents. It's really sad and pathetic.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2011
83
Re: Puppeting
bumbums34 wrote:
Firefrog16 wrote:
I think puppet teaming is unfair and most people who do it get fustrated because they can't win a 1v1 so they get a level 1 friend to get matched up with mid-levels. The puppet teams are also taking rank away from people who earned theirs and a lot of those points depending on what rank the puppet and puppetmaster is. How is a level 1 and a level 80 vs probably 2 level 45's fair? The level 80 has critical, good attack boost, most likely WW gear which gives some resist, and higher, more powerful cards. Look at the level 45's. They don't have critical hit or block and some of you are saying "Oh, then use Conviction"! Conviction is only 90% resistance and that on a master wizard with no critical block doesn't help a lot, they have cards that go up to rank 6 which compared to a Archmage is basically weak and easy to shield against. They don't have the best gear, probably have barely any resist, and they have a small amount of attack boosts. I thought Warlord was a badge you earned from doing very good in pvp, not from cheap teams who fight people lower than their levels.
I totally agree with you and these puppet teams are people who steal rank, have no real skill and are afraid to 1v1. or get on a level playing field in a multiplayer 2v2 or higher with like ability, level friends and opponents. It's really sad and pathetic.


Have you read none of my posts? You know what is really pathetic, marching into a random forum, posting hateful comments when there is clearly a guide and an analogy and thinking that you are right for calling names and insulting players? They have plenty of skill because you have to have skill for staying alive, taking off shields, blading, shielding, healing, attacking, weakening and dispelling players. And that's just the puppet. They don't steal rank if they earn it fair and square in the arena. They are not afraid to 1v1 they just want to pvp with friends. My fire puppets and he wins tons of 1v1 matches. In fact, 1v1 is easy for him. He doesn't even use treasure cards. If you want sad and pathetic, read your own post and read all of my posts. Read everyone else's posts because you are not smart enough to even turn your head in the direction of logic. Do your research then come back and apologise. Low levels like you should not troll in the forums just to say hateful things that are clearly resolved in the same place you wrote in.

Delver
Dec 16, 2009
217
Re: Puppeting
Puppetting in my opinion is an extremely unfair way to exploit faults in KI's matching system. Due to the way points are distributed via weighing by rank more so than lvl a puppet team with a lvl 80 and a lvl 1 private will net a large amount of points for a victory that is made much easier by the large difference in ability of higher lvls(ie critical, large health, collossal etc). This is in no way fair. The cat, mouse and dog analogy is false because the puppet teams are not the victims, the mid lvl teams are. Is it possible to beat puppet teams? Of course it is, look at the knights who say Ni on Central(a group I fully support and once I am fully geared and schooled in the art of team play I may be joining). However, this is an uphill battle for mid lvl battlers. Puppet Teams are unacceptable and I am happy that KI is working towards a solution.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2011
83
Re: Puppeting
FatesKin wrote:
Puppetting in my opinion is an extremely unfair way to exploit faults in KI's matching system. Due to the way points are distributed via weighing by rank more so than lvl a puppet team with a lvl 80 and a lvl 1 private will net a large amount of points for a victory that is made much easier by the large difference in ability of higher lvls(ie critical, large health, collossal etc). This is in no way fair. The cat, mouse and dog analogy is false because the puppet teams are not the victims, the mid lvl teams are. Is it possible to beat puppet teams? Of course it is, look at the knights who say Ni on Central(a group I fully support and once I am fully geared and schooled in the art of team play I may be joining). However, this is an uphill battle for mid lvl battlers. Puppet Teams are unacceptable and I am happy that KI is working towards a solution.


Puppeting is completely fair and in fact i am very dissapointed in them for this. They are extremely easy to counter and if you can't see that then i dismiss you with anod and furthermore ignore all of your post for such selfish behavior. If you actually READ my posts you will see how easy it is to defeat them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Good day sir, I hope you will come to your senses some time.

Delver
Dec 16, 2009
217
Re: Puppeting
dodgeballking wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
Puppetting in my opinion is an extremely unfair way to exploit faults in KI's matching system. Due to the way points are distributed via weighing by rank more so than lvl a puppet team with a lvl 80 and a lvl 1 private will net a large amount of points for a victory that is made much easier by the large difference in ability of higher lvls(ie critical, large health, collossal etc). This is in no way fair. The cat, mouse and dog analogy is false because the puppet teams are not the victims, the mid lvl teams are. Is it possible to beat puppet teams? Of course it is, look at the knights who say Ni on Central(a group I fully support and once I am fully geared and schooled in the art of team play I may be joining). However, this is an uphill battle for mid lvl battlers. Puppet Teams are unacceptable and I am happy that KI is working towards a solution.


Puppeting is completely fair and in fact i am very dissapointed in them for this. They are extremely easy to counter and if you can't see that then i dismiss you with anod and furthermore ignore all of your post for such selfish behavior. If you actually READ my posts you will see how easy it is to defeat them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Good day sir, I hope you will come to your senses some time.


This is actually one of the most amusing posts I have read here. Puppet teams are completely fair? Where is your supporting evidence? Should I just take your word? I fail to see how it is completely fair to have a high level wizard team up with a low level wizard for the sole purpose of being matched with wizards many levels below them.. A lvl 80 wizard has access to better gear, better spells, better attack boost, better power pips, a larger health pool, every tool at their wizards disposal and the abilirt to critical and block at a rate that mid levels cannot hope to approach. How is this fair exactly? This is not to mention the massively uneven distribution of points that results from this exploit of KI's matching system, which largely benefits the puppet team. Obviously, we have very different definitions about what is "completely fair." Easy to defeat? Where have you been? How can you legitimately claim that it is extremely easy for a team of mid levels to take down a wizard with such obvious advantages? Watch any battles on youtube that the Knights participate in. You will notice that while it is possible to defeat puppets it is nowhere near easy and often requires an impressive amount of teamwork, coordination, tc, gear setup and perfect pets(all of which do not quite fit your claim of "extremely easy". What selfish behavior? Selfish because it is demonstratably unfair to match wizards with VASTLY different ability levels to exploit a flawed point system? Interesting theory... as to coming to my senses, I have along with many others and I am quite happy that KI is working towards a fix to this obvious problem.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1352
Re: Puppeting
dodgeballking wrote:


I have a couple things to say about your post. Sorry for all your flaws but I'm going to have to at least tell people like you who are obviously new to pvp about puppeting.

I think you are the one new to PvP here.

1. Puppeting is not the lowest class of pvp even though they are easily beaten. Turtles are actually the owest class as i have heard that battles with them have gone up to 10+ hours.

Puppeting is. Because its basically an "autowin"

2. You obviously did not read my entire post or you might not have read any of it. For your sake, I would recomend the analogy first and then read the guide.
How do you know? Just because he disagreed you automatically assume he is not reading it?

3. Conviction is 90 critical RATING not percent, so I expect you are maybe level 5-10 but If you actually pay attention 90 rating is more than most legendary-transcended players and also about twice the average storm wizard.
Um. Incorrect.
My fire PvP's with 200 critical rating. My storm PvP's with 240+. How is that "more than most"? Even when I don't use avalon gear, I still have over 100. Half if lucky.
4. Shields can very easily counter attacks while fires and storms can remove their blades. If you are and ice you should steal their shield. There are very easy ways to counter them. Why? So the level 1 can break them?

5. As I do puppet allot, I must tell you that you are missing the point. I usually go up against level 50-75 wizards most of the time, so level 40 wizards are still going to pvp unless the puppet team is new to pvp.[ YOU are missing the point. We are talking about 2 low levels going up against someone with much better stats all around then them.

6. The level 1 wizard has many TC (treasure cards which you probably don't know about or what they do). So once the others deal with them then the puppet master has no supply of boosts. Then he is weak and will be forced to attack. Shields can reduce that attack to make it nothing, leaving the puppet master vulnerable. while he is trying to shield have you first player kill the shiels and then your second player hit. Then repeat. Well that is really rude. "(treasure cards which you probably don't know about or what they do)." So for cheating the system, you automatically assume you are smarter?

7. It is not that they can't win a 1v1, it is that they want to help their friend gain rank with them in a quick simple way. My lvl 33 fire puppet got to knight in 1v1 without any treasure cards. Here is something you should note. When have you EVER found a level 80 who puppets and is good at 1v1? I have yet to see one.

Now I hope you can get to level 15 this weekend :) And remember: before you go and cry in the forums, try to get your wizard up to these levels and test it. Before you automatically assume that, maybe you should do that! Get a level 50 and PvP with a level 50! Then tell me how it works!

All in all: Easier said than done. A LOT.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2011
83
Re: Puppeting
FatesKin wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
Puppetting in my opinion is an extremely unfair way to exploit faults in KI's matching system. Due to the way points are distributed via weighing by rank more so than lvl a puppet team with a lvl 80 and a lvl 1 private will net a large amount of points for a victory that is made much easier by the large difference in ability of higher lvls(ie critical, large health, collossal etc). This is in no way fair. The cat, mouse and dog analogy is false because the puppet teams are not the victims, the mid lvl teams are. Is it possible to beat puppet teams? Of course it is, look at the knights who say Ni on Central(a group I fully support and once I am fully geared and schooled in the art of team play I may be joining). However, this is an uphill battle for mid lvl battlers. Puppet Teams are unacceptable and I am happy that KI is working towards a solution.


Puppeting is completely fair and in fact i am very dissapointed in them for this. They are extremely easy to counter and if you can't see that then i dismiss you with anod and furthermore ignore all of your post for such selfish behavior. If you actually READ my posts you will see how easy it is to defeat them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Good day sir, I hope you will come to your senses some time.


This is actually one of the most amusing posts I have read here. Puppet teams are completely fair? Where is your supporting evidence? Should I just take your word? I fail to see how it is completely fair to have a high level wizard team up with a low level wizard for the sole purpose of being matched with wizards many levels below them.. A lvl 80 wizard has access to better gear, better spells, better attack boost, better power pips, a larger health pool, every tool at their wizards disposal and the abilirt to critical and block at a rate that mid levels cannot hope to approach. How is this fair exactly? This is not to mention the massively uneven distribution of points that results from this exploit of KI's matching system, which largely benefits the puppet team. Obviously, we have very different definitions about what is "completely fair." Easy to defeat? Where have you been? How can you legitimately claim that it is extremely easy for a team of mid levels to take down a wizard with such obvious advantages? Watch any battles on youtube that the Knights participate in. You will notice that while it is possible to defeat puppets it is nowhere near easy and often requires an impressive amount of teamwork, coordination, tc, gear setup and perfect pets(all of which do not quite fit your claim of "extremely easy". What selfish behavior? Selfish because it is demonstratably unfair to match wizards with VASTLY different ability levels to exploit a flawed point system? Interesting theory... as to coming to my senses, I have along with many others and I am quite happy that KI is working towards a fix to this obvious problem.


Any true skilled wizard would know that it is so easy to defeat puppets. the puppet is ALWAYS the best target to attack and with just the right amount of shields the master people would actually have the better advantage over puppets. there is no problem with them, and people like you are the ones crying about them on the forum making them go away which is just pure sickening. probably about 10% the people in 2v2 are puppets at one point or another while nobody seems to complain about spamming in 4v4. Puppets are just a mere tiny problem whereas the people spamming tempest, smoke screen, earthquake, and rebirth are probably around 40% of the people in 4v4. and as 4v4 is the most popular (the most people play it) that is quite a heavy number considering the groups are paired in 4's. a puppet is easy to defeat and those who do not defeat them are using terrible strategies vs them as to what just a couple shields and a dispel could do just to change the tide of battle so fast. a simple earthquake completely shatters the balance of the match while doing some damage to the puppet. as the puppet is usually a different school, the puppet will just have to blade, shield, trap, and much more just to keep them alive where to the earthquake can ruin all that work and then as a big hit kills the puppet, the puppet master is alone and weakened. if the puppet is a level one then they can't do ANYTHING to hurt you or your friend and then it is basically a 2v1 right there. This fatal flaw for bringing a level 1 also creates a major gap of time enough to kill the puppet, shield allot, blade some and attack while being able to still heal afterwards. a 2v1 is entirely fair and to do so is so simple to win on the side with 2. you people have cried on the forums long enough and you cannot even lay a dent into my reasoning since you OBVIOUSLY didn't read my first post, and so you do not even know what i am saying while you are merely thinking you are right just because you say i have no evidence. I have plenty of evidence and the odds are stacked against you. Have fun with a puppet free life because puppets are a mere learning process and by beating them makes it easy to quest and even cheating bosses wouldn't really make much comparison to how tough it was to beat them in battle. and by tough i mean the fact that it was slightly long, but it was easy to defeat. you sir are at no position to be calling me out with all these facts i have surrounding you, but of course you don't even pay attention to them.

Delver
Dec 16, 2009
217
Re: Puppeting
dodgeballking wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
Puppetting in my opinion is an extremely unfair way to exploit faults in KI's matching system. Due to the way points are distributed via weighing by rank more so than lvl a puppet team with a lvl 80 and a lvl 1 private will net a large amount of points for a victory that is made much easier by the large difference in ability of higher lvls(ie critical, large health, collossal etc). This is in no way fair. The cat, mouse and dog analogy is false because the puppet teams are not the victims, the mid lvl teams are. Is it possible to beat puppet teams? Of course it is, look at the knights who say Ni on Central(a group I fully support and once I am fully geared and schooled in the art of team play I may be joining). However, this is an uphill battle for mid lvl battlers. Puppet Teams are unacceptable and I am happy that KI is working towards a solution.


Puppeting is completely fair and in fact i am very dissapointed in them for this. They are extremely easy to counter and if you can't see that then i dismiss you with anod and furthermore ignore all of your post for such selfish behavior. If you actually READ my posts you will see how easy it is to defeat them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Good day sir, I hope you will come to your senses some time.


This is actually one of the most amusing posts I have read here. Puppet teams are completely fair? Where is your supporting evidence? Should I just take your word? I fail to see how it is completely fair to have a high level wizard team up with a low level wizard for the sole purpose of being matched with wizards many levels below them.. A lvl 80 wizard has access to better gear, better spells, better attack boost, better power pips, a larger health pool, every tool at their wizards disposal and the abilirt to critical and block at a rate that mid levels cannot hope to approach. How is this fair exactly? This is not to mention the massively uneven distribution of points that results from this exploit of KI's matching system, which largely benefits the puppet team. Obviously, we have very different definitions about what is "completely fair." Easy to defeat? Where have you been? How can you legitimately claim that it is extremely easy for a team of mid levels to take down a wizard with such obvious advantages? Watch any battles on youtube that the Knights participate in. You will notice that while it is possible to defeat puppets it is nowhere near easy and often requires an impressive amount of teamwork, coordination, tc, gear setup and perfect pets(all of which do not quite fit your claim of "extremely easy". What selfish behavior? Selfish because it is demonstratably unfair to match wizards with VASTLY different ability levels to exploit a flawed point system? Interesting theory... as to coming to my senses, I have along with many others and I am quite happy that KI is working towards a fix to this obvious problem.


Any true skilled wizard would know that it is so easy to defeat puppets. the puppet is ALWAYS the best target to attack and with just the right amount of shields the master people would actually have the better advantage over puppets. there is no problem with them, and people like you are the ones crying about them on the forum making them go away which is just pure sickening. probably about 10% the people in 2v2 are puppets at one point or another while nobody seems to complain about spamming in 4v4. Puppets are just a mere tiny problem whereas the people spamming tempest, smoke screen, earthquake, and rebirth are probably around 40% of the people in 4v4. and as 4v4 is the most popular (the most people play it) that is quite a heavy number considering the groups are paired in 4's. a puppet is easy to defeat and those who do not defeat them are using terrible strategies vs them as to what just a couple shields and a dispel could do just to change the tide of battle so fast. a simple earthquake completely shatters the balance of the match while doing some damage to the puppet. as the puppet is usually a different school, the puppet will just have to blade, shield, trap, and much more just to keep them alive where to the earthquake can ruin all that work and then as a big hit kills the puppet, the puppet master is alone and weakened. if the puppet is a level one then they can't do ANYTHING to hurt you or your friend and then it is basically a 2v1 right there. This fatal flaw for bringing a level 1 also creates a major gap of time enough to kill the puppet, shield allot, blade some and attack while being able to still heal afterwards. a 2v1 is entirely fair and to do so is so simple to win on the side with 2. you people have cried on the forums long enough and you cannot even lay a dent into my reasoning since you OBVIOUSLY didn't read my first post, and so you do not even know what i am saying while you are merely thinking you are right just because you say i have no evidence. I have plenty of evidence and the odds are stacked against you. Have fun with a puppet free life because puppets are a mere learning process and by beating them makes it easy to quest and even cheating bosses wouldn't really make much comparison to how tough it was to beat them in battle. and by tough i mean the fact that it was slightly long, but it was easy to defeat. you sir are at no position to be calling me out with all these facts i have surrounding you, but of course you don't even pay attention to them.

Ok your argument is a mass of loosely connected thought and contradiction, so lets organize what you said and counter it.
1)Your claim that you have provided evidence that puppet teams are fair- What evidence? I have read your entire OP over and over again. All it states is a strategy to beat puppet teams and then it attempts to justify puppets with a weak moral analogy. Nowhere do you provide any evidence that it is fair for a wizard with vastly superior stats, spells etc to fight a wizard many levels lower. I am still waiting for this evidence. May you show me?
2)Spamming in 4v4 may or may not be a problem but that has nothing to do with puppet teams...so what was your point exactly?
3)The lvl 1 puppet cant do anything? You mean besides break shields, heal, blade shield and use TCs all points that you yourself have acknowledged? Yet another contradiction in your quickly failing defense of puppets.
4)The loss of puppets is sickening? How so?
5) A puppet team is not a 2v1, not even close....
6) So puppet teams are tougher than cheating bosses, yet they are easy to beat and it is fair to match mid levels with them. That sentence alone defeated your entire argument for me lol.
7) Please show me the facts on how it is fair for 2 lvl 30-40s to face a lvl 80 with massive statistical advantage. I am dying to hear them.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
181
Re: Puppeting
dodgeballking,

Try battling a puppet ice wizard that is immune to the two most powerful schools, storm and fire. Forget about prisms because their resist is 50 for the rest of the schools.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
16
Re: Puppeting
I strongly agree with this because I have a fire commander and when me and my friend were fighting puppets the master puppet put on a lot of critical rating instead of damage because considering that the only way to block it is with conviction but may not always work. So when we fought the puppet is always going to spam or blade their master. And the master will either rank down or stay there low rank, win and take about 20 to 38 points which well help the puppet team t o rank up. Also they take more points when the fake warlord puppet will FLEE.