Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pupetting isn't against the rules...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
So the title may be deceiving, but I generally pvp on my level 50 warlord, either 1v1 or a 2v2 with another level 50... We fight puppets every so often, and let me just say, it is not against the rules! In fact they are often very easy to beat if you come at all prepared for them. A lot of my friends complain about puppets, but whenever we fight one, it is usually against a level 10 and a level 100, and the level 100 is a storm 9 out of 10 times. So my tips to you, pack a few storm dispels in your 2v2 deck, pack a choke and a smoke screen to deal w/ shadow magic, and own him, he probably doesn't have that much resist anyway... Oh, and kill the low level as fast as possible, he won't heal the noob, but the noob will heal him. Long story short, puppeting isn't against the rules, just come prepared for it!
-Adam Seafist lvl 100
-Adam Dawnstalker lvl 100
-Adam firestalker lvl 50

Survivor
May 02, 2014
Thunder2Hound on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
So the title may be deceiving, but I generally pvp on my level 50 warlord, either 1v1 or a 2v2 with another level 50... We fight puppets every so often, and let me just say, it is not against the rules! In fact they are often very easy to beat if you come at all prepared for them. A lot of my friends complain about puppets, but whenever we fight one, it is usually against a level 10 and a level 100, and the level 100 is a storm 9 out of 10 times. So my tips to you, pack a few storm dispels in your 2v2 deck, pack a choke and a smoke screen to deal w/ shadow magic, and own him, he probably doesn't have that much resist anyway... Oh, and kill the low level as fast as possible, he won't heal the noob, but the noob will heal him. Long story short, puppeting isn't against the rules, just come prepared for it!
-Adam Seafist lvl 100
-Adam firestalker lvl 50
I agree with you

But I'm only lvl 16 And I am a captain in rank pvp and I only do 1v1.

I did try to do puppetting to get ranked but it didn't work so well.

Kymma ranked captain lvl 16

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
-Adam Seafist lvl 100
-Adam firestalker lvl 50
Sure, puppetting isn't against the rules, but it can still be unfair to those people who cannot deal with it. If a level 100 storm and a level 2 any school privates get paired with, say, level 30-40 players, no matter what rank, the low level players cannot block. They cannot deal very much damage. They cannot outheal the storm's damage. Sure, puppets can be beaten, but in order to beat them often requires a complicated strategy that makes a deck less useful when fighting regular opponents.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
-Adam Seafist lvl 100
-Adam firestalker lvl 50
Very true, it's not against the rules, but KI has tried to fix it. That in itself should tell you that
KI does not want it in the game. Even though KI still allows it, I expect is because the code
change would be rather extreme, and could affect other areas. Fixing it could generate
more bugs than just making the current changes.
Your suggestion are useful, but chaging a setup that works for 98% of your PVP battles
is not worth it for the other 2%.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Yeah with shadow shrike, puppeting got quite the boost. I do love your suggestions though #level50warlords for the win!