Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prometheans vs Legendaries in 1v1

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I'm very disappointed to see this in 1v1. My fire, who is legendary, had a rank of 2300. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER faced someone below level 90 in the past 10 matches I've done. Not to mention 90-95% of these people have 400-500 critical, 70-90 damage, and 30 pierce, WITH shadow. I have, 194 critical, 48 resist, and 130 block. This is not fair, and you guys wonder why people glitch in pvp. Putting 90 hades warlords vs legendaries is not fair at all. Please fix this problem, I lost 200 rank from this 1v1 situation.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I have to agree its annoying facing someone 20-30 levels higher than you. I'm also a warlord and have to face those kinds of people but unfortunately ki hasn't realized its level that matters not skill. Sometime you can beat them but its hard. I agree with you 200% it should be by level not rank

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
A Balanced Life on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
I'm very disappointed to see this in 1v1. My fire, who is legendary, had a rank of 2300. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER faced someone below level 90 in the past 10 matches I've done. Not to mention 90-95% of these people have 400-500 critical, 70-90 damage, and 30 pierce, WITH shadow. I have, 194 critical, 48 resist, and 130 block. This is not fair, and you guys wonder why people glitch in pvp. Putting 90 hades warlords vs legendaries is not fair at all. Please fix this problem, I lost 200 rank from this 1v1 situation.
This same thing happens to my balance every match. I continuously battle level 90-95 people at level 50. They just critical spam wild bolt/insane bolt. I have, so far, been OHKOed by insane bolt twice, and killed by a critical orthrus once when battling level 95s. (Those are the deaths I remember, there could be more) Occasionally I win, but it's mostly because of triage tc, lucky block, (even with conviction, I rarely block) and stunning them while they use shadow spells. Honestly, the only solution I can really think of is putting a level cap on the people that you can battle.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's absolutely fair. If you're facing a higher level it's because they have lower rank, meaning they also don't have access to the same gear as warlords and also don't have as much experience. If you don't like fighting lower ranked high level players you have a couple choices. Level up like they did or lower your ranking.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
It's absolutely fair. If you're facing a higher level it's because they have lower rank, meaning they also don't have access to the same gear as warlords and also don't have as much experience. If you don't like fighting lower ranked high level players you have a couple choices. Level up like they did or lower your ranking.
So, you're telling us to get lower rating to make it easier to get higher rating? That does not make sense, or work; it just ruins your record and gets you some tickets. You'll just rank up again. If you level up some, you will get level 95s every time instead of some of the time. If you level to max, it won't have anyone higher level to pair you with, and very, very few level 95s are at the rank required to make level 60s battle level 90s. Also, what if people just like lower level pvp better? I know that I hate the critical spam that max level pvp has been recently. Lower levels enjoy unique strategies, and can see many different strategies that they have to counter in the arena. They should have just as fair matches as everyone else. Higher levels have access to much better gear. At level 50, it is possible to get about 125 block with some of the best gear for that level in the game. Max level players, even if you put conviction up, almost always get through that with their 400+ critical. Shrike takes away the warlord gear's advantage of resist, and even with the best gear possible at 50-60, hades gear gives more damage. (at level 50, with a 5 damage talent pet, it is possible to get 91. This is with full warlord gear, level 50 athame and ring, the sky iron hasta, and the 5 damage talent pet. With hades gear, you can easily surpass that on high damage schools such as storm. The schools that can't get much more resist and health anyway, so it evens out.) Max level players also have thousands more health and block, so warlords cannot critical on them, and have to blade stack quite a lot to do half-decent damage to them. Max level players can do thousands for 2 pips. Level 50s, with many blades, can do that for 9 pips. It just never is, and never will be, a fair match.