Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Practice pvp - Choosing rank to verse against?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
When I don't feel like doing ranked pvp, or if I don't have a membership atm, I like to do a little bit of practice pvp.

However, the people I'm up against are usually privates, which are too easy to beat even if they are 15 levels above me. I'd like a challenge that can actually help me with my ranked pvp, such as other warlords. I suggest we are able to choose exactly what rank we are able to duel in practice pvp, not only what level. I would gain more experience and try out new techniques without the risk of ranking down!

So basically I'd be able to choose if I want to battle a person from rank Captain to Warlord. Or Private to Veteran. The downside of this is that the wait time to pvp will be longer since you have more restrictions on the person/people you are dueling, especially 3v3 or 4v4.

Reply on what you think about this :)
~Natalie

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
I agree to this. When I rank pvp I get stuck with a warlod a lot and I can't match their resist so all my spells are so weak. I wish I could fight another private. And on my veteran I wish I didn't have to fight a private or warlord. Just another veteran.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
natshadowbane on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
When I don't feel like doing ranked pvp, or if I don't have a membership atm, I like to do a little bit of practice pvp.

However, the people I'm up against are usually privates, which are too easy to beat even if they are 15 levels above me. I'd like a challenge that can actually help me with my ranked pvp, such as other warlords. I suggest we are able to choose exactly what rank we are able to duel in practice pvp, not only what level. I would gain more experience and try out new techniques without the risk of ranking down!

So basically I'd be able to choose if I want to battle a person from rank Captain to Warlord. Or Private to Veteran. The downside of this is that the wait time to pvp will be longer since you have more restrictions on the person/people you are dueling, especially 3v3 or 4v4.

Reply on what you think about this :)
~Natalie
I agree. When I'm doing 1v1 practice, or 4v4, easy matches are boring. This would make matches quite a bit more interesting.