Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible PvP Fixes

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Okay, we all know how uneven PvP is for each school, so here's the changes I came up with:
  1. Make Supernova 3 pips but have 70% accuracy
  2. Reduce Loremaster's Black Mantle to -25%
  3. Make Insane Bolt have a 50% chance of doing 700 moon damage or doing nothing
  4. Make a new hoard pack for block and healing gear
  5. Return Reshuffle back to its original form (unlimited)
  6. Increase the damage of Krampus to 450-510 damage
  7. Increase the base health of Storm at the cost of a bit of critical from gear
  8. Make the Poseidon's level 90 boots give universal block instead of just Balance
  9. Make Power Play and Sanctuary 2 pips
  10. Increase the damage of Luminous weaver by 50
  11. Make Death's King Artorius do 800 damage and heal half while keeping the Infection
  12. Slightly increase Ice's resist from Hades gear
  13. Increase Myth's critical from Hades gear to about the same as Fire's
  14. Make the exalted amulets give more block rating
  15. Make Shadow Seraph deal -25% outgoing damage instead of taking +25% incoming damage
  16. Increase the accuracy for Fire and Storm with Hades gear but decrease the power pip chance
  17. Make pet auras immune to Supernova
  18. Increase the Hades boots block rating to 80
Well, that's all I can really think of and I honestly think this is going to solve many problems in PvP. For example Balance and Life's incapability of changing bubbles, Supernova being spammable easily, wizards having to avoid pet mc auras to avoid getting destroyed by Supernova, reducing the luck factor from critical gear, making Death hit what it should hit, making Shadow Seraph actually useful, putting Myth back to its offensive position in the arena, making Storm a survivable school to PvP with, making Luminous Weaver and Krampus as good as Loremaster, and most of all bringing the need for strategy and skill back into PvP.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
PvP King on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Okay, we all know how uneven PvP is for each school, so here's the changes I came up with:
  1. Make Supernova 3 pips but have 70% accuracy
  2. Reduce Loremaster's Black Mantle to -25%
  3. Make Insane Bolt have a 50% chance of doing 700 moon damage or doing nothing
  4. Make a new hoard pack for block and healing gear
  5. Return Reshuffle back to its original form (unlimited)
  6. Increase the damage of Krampus to 450-510 damage
  7. Increase the base health of Storm at the cost of a bit of critical from gear
  8. Make the Poseidon's level 90 boots give universal block instead of just Balance
  9. Make Power Play and Sanctuary 2 pips
  10. Increase the damage of Luminous weaver by 50
  11. Make Death's King Artorius do 800 damage and heal half while keeping the Infection
  12. Slightly increase Ice's resist from Hades gear
  13. Increase Myth's critical from Hades gear to about the same as Fire's
  14. Make the exalted amulets give more block rating
  15. Make Shadow Seraph deal -25% outgoing damage instead of taking +25% incoming damage
  16. Increase the accuracy for Fire and Storm with Hades gear but decrease the power pip chance
  17. Make pet auras immune to Supernova
  18. Increase the Hades boots block rating to 80
Well, that's all I can really think of and I honestly think this is going to solve many problems in PvP. For example Balance and Life's incapability of changing bubbles, Supernova being spammable easily, wizards having to avoid pet mc auras to avoid getting destroyed by Supernova, reducing the luck factor from critical gear, making Death hit what it should hit, making Shadow Seraph actually useful, putting Myth back to its offensive position in the arena, making Storm a survivable school to PvP with, making Luminous Weaver and Krampus as good as Loremaster, and most of all bringing the need for strategy and skill back into PvP.
Increasing supernova's pip cost by one and increasing it's accuracy by 10% won't make it any less op than it is now. Increasing supernova's pip cost won't be a big deal because with the increased accuracy, it makes players against balance that much more scared to use their aura in the first place. Other than that, I pretty much agree with the rest of the changes you have recommended.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
48
I have said this too many times to count PVP is FINE

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
PvP King on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Okay, we all know how uneven PvP is for each school, so here's the changes I came up with:
  1. Make Supernova 3 pips but have 70% accuracy
  2. Reduce Loremaster's Black Mantle to -25%
  3. Make Insane Bolt have a 50% chance of doing 700 moon damage or doing nothing
  4. Make a new hoard pack for block and healing gear
  5. Return Reshuffle back to its original form (unlimited)
  6. Increase the damage of Krampus to 450-510 damage
  7. Increase the base health of Storm at the cost of a bit of critical from gear
  8. Make the Poseidon's level 90 boots give universal block instead of just Balance
  9. Make Power Play and Sanctuary 2 pips
  10. Increase the damage of Luminous weaver by 50
  11. Make Death's King Artorius do 800 damage and heal half while keeping the Infection
  12. Slightly increase Ice's resist from Hades gear
  13. Increase Myth's critical from Hades gear to about the same as Fire's
  14. Make the exalted amulets give more block rating
  15. Make Shadow Seraph deal -25% outgoing damage instead of taking +25% incoming damage
  16. Increase the accuracy for Fire and Storm with Hades gear but decrease the power pip chance
  17. Make pet auras immune to Supernova
  18. Increase the Hades boots block rating to 80
Well, that's all I can really think of and I honestly think this is going to solve many problems in PvP. For example Balance and Life's incapability of changing bubbles, Supernova being spammable easily, wizards having to avoid pet mc auras to avoid getting destroyed by Supernova, reducing the luck factor from critical gear, making Death hit what it should hit, making Shadow Seraph actually useful, putting Myth back to its offensive position in the arena, making Storm a survivable school to PvP with, making Luminous Weaver and Krampus as good as Loremaster, and most of all bringing the need for strategy and skill back into PvP.
i think pvp is fine the only thing i like to see is a way to make it were a warlord can't join if you dont want them to because warlords already got there goal so it not fair to us who are trying to get better that we have to face a warlord when we know were not ready were trying to get better so we can become one but we dont wanna have to face them in combat all the time sure every once and a little well test are skill to see if were ready butt they really need to make it were they can't join if we dont want them to or set it to what kinda pvp rank you can be to join kinda like what they do with are level like i level 95 i can't lower it to face some one lower then me just make it the same way once you get past private then you can't lower the level setting down the private it only you know but with these at lest people can get practice in and not have to worry about a warlord coming in a killing all you team
i like to see these in pvp it make it a little more fair and give people like me who are not that good at pvp a chance i mean i know it seem mean to do these but really it not because there better players and that way they could vs warlords or who ever wanted them in there battle and not so many would complain about it because then they be happy i mean sure they fined something else to complain about but with these we could have some real fun with these game in pvp and people would not be so afraid to head into pvp worry in about warlords some players are not as great as other so we would need these 95 wizard

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
40
PvP King on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Okay, we all know how uneven PvP is for each school, so here's the changes I came up with:
  1. Make Supernova 3 pips but have 70% accuracy
  2. Reduce Loremaster's Black Mantle to -25%
  3. Make Insane Bolt have a 50% chance of doing 700 moon damage or doing nothing
  4. Make a new hoard pack for block and healing gear
  5. Return Reshuffle back to its original form (unlimited)
  6. Increase the damage of Krampus to 450-510 damage
  7. Increase the base health of Storm at the cost of a bit of critical from gear
  8. Make the Poseidon's level 90 boots give universal block instead of just Balance
  9. Make Power Play and Sanctuary 2 pips
  10. Increase the damage of Luminous weaver by 50
  11. Make Death's King Artorius do 800 damage and heal half while keeping the Infection
  12. Slightly increase Ice's resist from Hades gear
  13. Increase Myth's critical from Hades gear to about the same as Fire's
  14. Make the exalted amulets give more block rating
  15. Make Shadow Seraph deal -25% outgoing damage instead of taking +25% incoming damage
  16. Increase the accuracy for Fire and Storm with Hades gear but decrease the power pip chance
  17. Make pet auras immune to Supernova
  18. Increase the Hades boots block rating to 80
Well, that's all I can really think of and I honestly think this is going to solve many problems in PvP. For example Balance and Life's incapability of changing bubbles, Supernova being spammable easily, wizards having to avoid pet mc auras to avoid getting destroyed by Supernova, reducing the luck factor from critical gear, making Death hit what it should hit, making Shadow Seraph actually useful, putting Myth back to its offensive position in the arena, making Storm a survivable school to PvP with, making Luminous Weaver and Krampus as good as Loremaster, and most of all bringing the need for strategy and skill back into PvP.
Some of these changes are pretty well-thought out. Allow me to comment on them, if you please.

1. I agree and disagree, which is a little strange. No comment.
2. Reducing it to 25% seems a bit fair.
3. I completely disagree with this one. Insane Bolt is meant as a sort of last-resort spell. It's mostly supposed to be used when the caster is going to die anyways. Your suggestion almost seems like an upgraded Wild Bolt.
4. No comment.
5. I'm a little conflicted on this one. Making Reshuffle go back to the way it used to be would extend matches, but it could also shorten them. When both sides run out of cards, they usually start the "passing war". No comment.
5. Since Krampus is a 4 pip spell, the damage you suggested seems a little high given it still has the -45% accuracy. If it needs to be increased, I would suggest moving it from 305-345 (which is the same as a Meteor) to 355-395.
6. Storm might not need too much of a health boost because it's known as the school with the lowest health. Myth might start demanding for higher health, as well, if they increase Storm's health.
7. It only blocks Balance? That really should be universal block, but significantly lower the amount given.
8. I think Power Play should be lowered to 3 pips and Sanctuary should stay where it's at. Sanctuary adds a ton of heal power. Heals are already more powerful than attacks, except for enchanting, but that's another talk entirely.
9. Luminous Weaver could use an increase, but more like by 20 or 30 damage.
10. I don't know about this one, so I have no comment.
11. Hades gear is all about pierce and critical. I don't think increasing their resist is going to benefit them much.
12. As far as I'm aware, Myth has the second highest resist and block (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They shouldn't have high block and high critical at the same time.
13. Exalted Amulets are pretty lucky in that they can give block at all. I don't think they need a change.
14. Although I feel that the added 25% damage is a bit high, your suggestion doesn't provide too large an obstacle for Life/Balance. If they were to even attack while using Shadow Seraph, their backlash would increase.
15. No comment.
16. That seems to suggest a "pay to win" scheme. Why should pet auras be exempt from this? I understand that your pet casted it, which caused you the damage in the first place, but that's the chance you take.
17. Hades gear is meant for the offensive. If you want high block, you should craft the Ice hybrid boots from Azteca/Avalon.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Some of these changes are pretty well-thought out. Allow me to comment on them, if you please.

1. I agree and disagree, which is a little strange. No comment.
2. Reducing it to 25% seems a bit fair.
3. I completely disagree with this one. Insane Bolt is meant as a sort of last-resort spell. It's mostly supposed to be used when the caster is going to die anyways. Your suggestion almost seems like an upgraded Wild Bolt.
4. No comment.
5. I'm a little conflicted on this one. Making Reshuffle go back to the way it used to be would extend matches, but it could also shorten them. When both sides run out of cards, they usually start the "passing war". No comment.
5. Since Krampus is a 4 pip spell, the damage you suggested seems a little high given it still has the -45% accuracy. If it needs to be increased, I would suggest moving it from 305-345 (which is the same as a Meteor) to 355-395.
6. Storm might not need too much of a health boost because it's known as the school with the lowest health. Myth might start demanding for higher health, as well, if they increase Storm's health.
7. It only blocks Balance? That really should be universal block, but significantly lower the amount given.
8. I think Power Play should be lowered to 3 pips and Sanctuary should stay where it's at. Sanctuary adds a ton of heal power. Heals are already more powerful than attacks, except for enchanting, but that's another talk entirely.
9. Luminous Weaver could use an increase, but more like by 20 or 30 damage.
10. I don't know about this one, so I have no comment.
11. Hades gear is all about pierce and critical. I don't think increasing their resist is going to benefit them much.
12. As far as I'm aware, Myth has the second highest resist and block (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They shouldn't have high block and high critical at the same time.
13. Exalted Amulets are pretty lucky in that they can give block at all. I don't think they need a change.
14. Although I feel that the added 25% damage is a bit high, your suggestion doesn't provide too large an obstacle for Life/Balance. If they were to even attack while using Shadow Seraph, their backlash would increase.
15. No comment.
16. That seems to suggest a "pay to win" scheme. Why should pet auras be exempt from this? I understand that your pet casted it, which caused you the damage in the first place, but that's the chance you take.
17. Hades gear is meant for the offensive. If you want high block, you should craft the Ice hybrid boots from Azteca/Avalon.
For the Insane Bolt one, I personally don't think a "win or lose" spell really shows any true skill in PvP. It could either make you win or lose, and that's not something that PvP should be about.
Making Reshuffle return to its unlimited form adds creativeness in PvP. Many of my friends have quit PvP and even I considered quitting because my small deck strategy was completely ruined from the Reshuffle limit.
The reason I gave Krampus that much credit is because it needs to do more than Loremaster. I'm a Balance wizard and even I have to admit that Balances shouldn't do as much as Fire wizards.
Storm deserves a health boost. It usually only takes me 2 Loremasters to kill them or one Savage Paw and a Scorpion, while they have a huge chance of fizzling and I have 107% accuracy.
Personally, I think the Poseidon boots should keep the amount of block rating but just make it universal. PvP should go back to where there was even a possibility for block ratings to be higher than critical rating, and critical spammers can still get some lucky criticals in there but not have every single spell hit a critical past the opponent.
No, Power Play should be 2 pips. Why? Because new auras are coming out, I don't want to have to deal with sitting in a +20% armor pierce and +100 critical bubble that only benefits my opponent, and Power Play is useless anyways. The only way Balance and Life can switch those rank 4 bubbles quickly is by using a rank 2 bubble, which they don't have.
Ice needs more resist from its Waterworks upgrade Hades gear. They have literally every single stat lower than the other schools (like 3% higher resist so that doesn't even count) and some more health that Balance and Life wizards can catch up to. Ice has lost its abilities.
Exalted Amulets don't give enough block to count, that's the problem. They should be increased.
Exactly, it would even out Shadow Seraph with Shadow Shrike. With Shadow Shrike, pets can heal the wizard anyway, and I've never seen anybody who knows what they're doing heal with Shrike yet. So with Shadow Seraph, their negative should be -25% outgoing damage.
For my pets being immune to Supernova idea, I'm going to be honest, I don't like it at all, but it's fair.
Yes, Hades gear is offensive, but it's completely overboard on offense. The critical isn't block able, the armor pierce isn't matchable, and if you choose any other gear you're most likely going to lose against somebody with high critical. With higher critical, we need higher block. It's only fair for defensive players.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
How about we just change reshuffle to 2x instead of the old way just asking?

Amy lvl 90

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
40
PvP King on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
For the Insane Bolt one, I personally don't think a "win or lose" spell really shows any true skill in PvP. It could either make you win or lose, and that's not something that PvP should be about.
Making Reshuffle return to its unlimited form adds creativeness in PvP. Many of my friends have quit PvP and even I considered quitting because my small deck strategy was completely ruined from the Reshuffle limit.
The reason I gave Krampus that much credit is because it needs to do more than Loremaster. I'm a Balance wizard and even I have to admit that Balances shouldn't do as much as Fire wizards.
Storm deserves a health boost. It usually only takes me 2 Loremasters to kill them or one Savage Paw and a Scorpion, while they have a huge chance of fizzling and I have 107% accuracy.
Personally, I think the Poseidon boots should keep the amount of block rating but just make it universal. PvP should go back to where there was even a possibility for block ratings to be higher than critical rating, and critical spammers can still get some lucky criticals in there but not have every single spell hit a critical past the opponent.
No, Power Play should be 2 pips. Why? Because new auras are coming out, I don't want to have to deal with sitting in a +20% armor pierce and +100 critical bubble that only benefits my opponent, and Power Play is useless anyways. The only way Balance and Life can switch those rank 4 bubbles quickly is by using a rank 2 bubble, which they don't have.
Ice needs more resist from its Waterworks upgrade Hades gear. They have literally every single stat lower than the other schools (like 3% higher resist so that doesn't even count) and some more health that Balance and Life wizards can catch up to. Ice has lost its abilities.
Exalted Amulets don't give enough block to count, that's the problem. They should be increased.
Exactly, it would even out Shadow Seraph with Shadow Shrike. With Shadow Shrike, pets can heal the wizard anyway, and I've never seen anybody who knows what they're doing heal with Shrike yet. So with Shadow Seraph, their negative should be -25% outgoing damage.
For my pets being immune to Supernova idea, I'm going to be honest, I don't like it at all, but it's fair.
Yes, Hades gear is offensive, but it's completely overboard on offense. The critical isn't block able, the armor pierce isn't matchable, and if you choose any other gear you're most likely going to lose against somebody with high critical. With higher critical, we need higher block. It's only fair for defensive players.
1. Insane Bolt is supposed to be a win-or-lose spell so it can't be easily spammed. 1000 damage for 2 pips with a 20% chance of killing yourself seems a bit more fair than either doing 700 damage, which can be Colossaled up to just 25 less of 1000, without much punishment would be entirely overpowered. If it does nothing, you don't lose any blades you may have been using for the spell, which is really limited to Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Dragonblade.

2. I didn't really do PvP in the First Age because I had no clue how to do it, so I really don't know about the Reshuffle limit.

3. I do agree it could use a little more boosting, but your suggestion is much higher than many other spells are, and it eliminates a large mass of accuracy at the same time.

4. Whether facing a Storm or playing as a Storm, the matches involving them are supposed to be shorter, simply because they can be killed easily and they can kill you easily. They could just as easily use two Insane Bolts (if they don't self-destruct) or use a Kraken and Lightning Bats to kill you, depending on their stats.

5. That high block rating to all schools? That's almost more rating than the critical rating given from the outfit. Remember, one critical rating does not equal one block rating. If you have the same critical and block rating, the percentage of blocks is probably going to be higher than the percentage of criticals.

6. I'm still not sure about making Power Play two pips...

7. Ice still dominates in PvP. They can stack shields if they need more resist. They, along with Life and Death, are the only people to get natural 40% blades.

8. I think it's a bit unnatural for amulets to have block rating at all, so I feel like they are fine as is.

9. The -25% outgoing damage isn't even a drawback to using Shadow Seraph, since people who use it are probably going to heal the entire 3 rounds they are in that form. Pets can heal with Shadow Shrike up, yes, but their incoming heals are going to be 25% less effective. This is a real drawback to Shadow Shrike because they cannot heal back as much as they would normally.

10. I feel that if they implement this idea, then they would have to make pet heals immune to dispels, infection, and Doom and Gloom. This would not make people happy.

11. They do have Conviction for a reason. Depending on your level, the block percentage given by it can range from 20-25%, which adds a ton of extra block power.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
PvP King on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
For the Insane Bolt one, I personally don't think a "win or lose" spell really shows any true skill in PvP. It could either make you win or lose, and that's not something that PvP should be about.
Making Reshuffle return to its unlimited form adds creativeness in PvP. Many of my friends have quit PvP and even I considered quitting because my small deck strategy was completely ruined from the Reshuffle limit.
The reason I gave Krampus that much credit is because it needs to do more than Loremaster. I'm a Balance wizard and even I have to admit that Balances shouldn't do as much as Fire wizards.
Storm deserves a health boost. It usually only takes me 2 Loremasters to kill them or one Savage Paw and a Scorpion, while they have a huge chance of fizzling and I have 107% accuracy.
Personally, I think the Poseidon boots should keep the amount of block rating but just make it universal. PvP should go back to where there was even a possibility for block ratings to be higher than critical rating, and critical spammers can still get some lucky criticals in there but not have every single spell hit a critical past the opponent.
No, Power Play should be 2 pips. Why? Because new auras are coming out, I don't want to have to deal with sitting in a +20% armor pierce and +100 critical bubble that only benefits my opponent, and Power Play is useless anyways. The only way Balance and Life can switch those rank 4 bubbles quickly is by using a rank 2 bubble, which they don't have.
Ice needs more resist from its Waterworks upgrade Hades gear. They have literally every single stat lower than the other schools (like 3% higher resist so that doesn't even count) and some more health that Balance and Life wizards can catch up to. Ice has lost its abilities.
Exalted Amulets don't give enough block to count, that's the problem. They should be increased.
Exactly, it would even out Shadow Seraph with Shadow Shrike. With Shadow Shrike, pets can heal the wizard anyway, and I've never seen anybody who knows what they're doing heal with Shrike yet. So with Shadow Seraph, their negative should be -25% outgoing damage.
For my pets being immune to Supernova idea, I'm going to be honest, I don't like it at all, but it's fair.
Yes, Hades gear is offensive, but it's completely overboard on offense. The critical isn't block able, the armor pierce isn't matchable, and if you choose any other gear you're most likely going to lose against somebody with high critical. With higher critical, we need higher block. It's only fair for defensive players.
dude you just named every thing that needs to be fix
but there a few thing you miss
1 storm spells are way to high right now i mean if i go into pvp and lets say i how tower shield storm shield and a another tower shield that blocks for all but when they hit me with wild bolt or that moon spell or even the one that cost 2 pips and they have shadow magic on i don't stand a chance so there power needs to be lower on some spell or make it were they can't you it in pvp that make it a little more fair and also storm dose need heath boost but not to big but just a little more

2 ice needs more state boost like big time people ice is weaker then any class on the game right now because they have not been update you can ask anyone and they will all agree more resistance for ice there heath fine but make it wear were not the same as life or balance because that's sad

3 balance needs better traps i mean come on there traps stink give them a new trap that at lest a little good and blades but also truthfully they need a damage boost there almost weaker then ice damage other then that i say there good

4 fire i think is fine but i maybe wrong

5 myth its perfect the way it is right now but i maybe wrong

6 death i think good maybe i wrong

7 life i think they good to maybe i wrong

but you need guys need to update the game stop foucse on new lvl we need these fix first because we wont get anywere in the game with such bad states it make the game to unfair storm has become nuts so with power and ice so week it can't pvp anymore balance having a hard time trying to win in pvp right now because of it traps and damage and the other are perfect because it seem nothing wrong with them the class that i and these other guy said has stuff wrong with need to be update before you start making anything else in the game so pvp fair players wont stop playing because there sick of getting a raw deal we like to have fun but we can't do it with these going on in the game
i am a 95 wizard and i been playing for a long time and i really think these thing needs to be handle and soon

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
1. Insane Bolt is supposed to be a win-or-lose spell so it can't be easily spammed. 1000 damage for 2 pips with a 20% chance of killing yourself seems a bit more fair than either doing 700 damage, which can be Colossaled up to just 25 less of 1000, without much punishment would be entirely overpowered. If it does nothing, you don't lose any blades you may have been using for the spell, which is really limited to Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Dragonblade.

2. I didn't really do PvP in the First Age because I had no clue how to do it, so I really don't know about the Reshuffle limit.

3. I do agree it could use a little more boosting, but your suggestion is much higher than many other spells are, and it eliminates a large mass of accuracy at the same time.

4. Whether facing a Storm or playing as a Storm, the matches involving them are supposed to be shorter, simply because they can be killed easily and they can kill you easily. They could just as easily use two Insane Bolts (if they don't self-destruct) or use a Kraken and Lightning Bats to kill you, depending on their stats.

5. That high block rating to all schools? That's almost more rating than the critical rating given from the outfit. Remember, one critical rating does not equal one block rating. If you have the same critical and block rating, the percentage of blocks is probably going to be higher than the percentage of criticals.

6. I'm still not sure about making Power Play two pips...

7. Ice still dominates in PvP. They can stack shields if they need more resist. They, along with Life and Death, are the only people to get natural 40% blades.

8. I think it's a bit unnatural for amulets to have block rating at all, so I feel like they are fine as is.

9. The -25% outgoing damage isn't even a drawback to using Shadow Seraph, since people who use it are probably going to heal the entire 3 rounds they are in that form. Pets can heal with Shadow Shrike up, yes, but their incoming heals are going to be 25% less effective. This is a real drawback to Shadow Shrike because they cannot heal back as much as they would normally.

10. I feel that if they implement this idea, then they would have to make pet heals immune to dispels, infection, and Doom and Gloom. This would not make people happy.

11. They do have Conviction for a reason. Depending on your level, the block percentage given by it can range from 20-25%, which adds a ton of extra block power.
1. Yes, Insane Bolt is meant to be a win or lose spell, but it does too much. 20% of a drawback is nothing. Storm's would mathematically still be hitting 8/10 of their Insane Bolts on the opponent, which is far more than enough to kill. With Shrike, it'd take possibly even one to end the match. The 700 damage is still 350 damage per pip, higher than any other spell, and the spell doing nothing would make it fair. It could either put the Storm at a fair disadvantage or a fair advantage at this point, but the current Insane Bolt puts it at a match ending situation for either side, not fair at all imo.
3. Yeah, Krampus does reduce accuracy, but only a little more than Loremaster and yet again doesn't put a Weakness up. Fire also doesn't have Mana Burn so pip fizzling and gaining pips isn't much of a problem anyways.
4. Storm's matches weren't meant to be ended easily, they were simply given the opportunity of high power. Nobody ever said a match vs a Storm had to be 5 minutes or less, and honestly that's too short.
5. So, you say that Hades gives a balance to block and critical? Let's see.. The hat gives on average 142 critical, no block. The robe gives on average 84 critical and 28 block, so block rating right now is 198 less than critical rating. With the crafted boots that give 93 block, the separation is at 105. A big number. With the Hades wand, the separation is over 220.The block rating cap isn't half the amount as critical rating's cap so I don't see why it should only be left at half of that.
6. Why not? The spell is utterly useless and Balance has no way of changing the bubble unless they use a Fire/Storm/Ice/Myth mastery amulet which isn't fair at all. Power Play should even be 0 pips if you look at it in reality, so 2 pips should be fair, especially with the new overpowered 4 pip globals coming out.
7. Ice doesn't dominate PvP at all. Their tempo is outdated and is far too slow for PvP, and armor pierce completely wipes out their resist. If you calculate the armor pierce and resists, Ice actually has less resist vs other schools.
8. If critical ratings are 220 higher than block, I think amulets do deserve to give block rating, and 16 is nothing.
9. People with Shrike don't even need to heal if they're constantly pressuring their opponent with thousands of damage forcing them to heal, therefore, Shrike in reality has no draw-back so Shadow Seraph should be -25% outgoing damage.
10. No, it means that people wouldn't lose PvP matches because of pets casting auras vs Balance. Remember, I'm a Balance wizard, and doing 1000 damage every few turns for 2 pips on your opponent because they have an aura is really cheap.
11. Yes, they do have Conviction for a reason, but they also have Vengeance. Vengeance can give up to 30% more critical, making the gap between block and critical ratings even wider.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
40
PvP King on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
1. Yes, Insane Bolt is meant to be a win or lose spell, but it does too much. 20% of a drawback is nothing. Storm's would mathematically still be hitting 8/10 of their Insane Bolts on the opponent, which is far more than enough to kill. With Shrike, it'd take possibly even one to end the match. The 700 damage is still 350 damage per pip, higher than any other spell, and the spell doing nothing would make it fair. It could either put the Storm at a fair disadvantage or a fair advantage at this point, but the current Insane Bolt puts it at a match ending situation for either side, not fair at all imo.
3. Yeah, Krampus does reduce accuracy, but only a little more than Loremaster and yet again doesn't put a Weakness up. Fire also doesn't have Mana Burn so pip fizzling and gaining pips isn't much of a problem anyways.
4. Storm's matches weren't meant to be ended easily, they were simply given the opportunity of high power. Nobody ever said a match vs a Storm had to be 5 minutes or less, and honestly that's too short.
5. So, you say that Hades gives a balance to block and critical? Let's see.. The hat gives on average 142 critical, no block. The robe gives on average 84 critical and 28 block, so block rating right now is 198 less than critical rating. With the crafted boots that give 93 block, the separation is at 105. A big number. With the Hades wand, the separation is over 220.The block rating cap isn't half the amount as critical rating's cap so I don't see why it should only be left at half of that.
6. Why not? The spell is utterly useless and Balance has no way of changing the bubble unless they use a Fire/Storm/Ice/Myth mastery amulet which isn't fair at all. Power Play should even be 0 pips if you look at it in reality, so 2 pips should be fair, especially with the new overpowered 4 pip globals coming out.
7. Ice doesn't dominate PvP at all. Their tempo is outdated and is far too slow for PvP, and armor pierce completely wipes out their resist. If you calculate the armor pierce and resists, Ice actually has less resist vs other schools.
8. If critical ratings are 220 higher than block, I think amulets do deserve to give block rating, and 16 is nothing.
9. People with Shrike don't even need to heal if they're constantly pressuring their opponent with thousands of damage forcing them to heal, therefore, Shrike in reality has no draw-back so Shadow Seraph should be -25% outgoing damage.
10. No, it means that people wouldn't lose PvP matches because of pets casting auras vs Balance. Remember, I'm a Balance wizard, and doing 1000 damage every few turns for 2 pips on your opponent because they have an aura is really cheap.
11. Yes, they do have Conviction for a reason, but they also have Vengeance. Vengeance can give up to 30% more critical, making the gap between block and critical ratings even wider.
1. 1000 damage to the enemy with a chance of killing yourself seems pretty balanced to me. Hitting 700 damage to the enemy or hitting nothing seems even more overpowered than the current Insane Bolt. Once again, a Colossaled "King's Insane Bolt" almost does as much damage as the one Storm has now. They don't really lose anything when they don't hit the 700.

3. Agreed.

4. Storm can kill easily and be killed easily. This is why their matches are so short. At earlier levels, Storm is a bit more protective. As they progress, their offensive capabilities shine. That is why their matches are so short.

6. 0 pips to change an entire bubble isn't possible... With the new bubbles coming out it probably should see a decrease in pip cost, especially since the power pip chance goes for both allies and enemies.

7. Ice still has their huge health going for them. Unlike Storm, Ice can stun opponents long enough to build pips, shield, blade, heal, etc.

8. Most amulets don't give block at all, so 16 block rating is a start. Also, 16 block rating equates to about 3% block rating.

9. They probably don't need to heal if they're using Shrike, but the -25% healing is to incoming heals, so even when someone else heals them, they get healed for less. The -25% outgoing damage doesn't necessarily hinder Shadow Seraph.

10. That reasoning could make it so pet-casted blades can't be stolen, pet-casted shields can't be stolen, pet-casted heals can't be dispelled/infected, etc.

11. Vengeance doesn't necessarily count as a gap between critical and block since Conviction is around.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
1. 1000 damage to the enemy with a chance of killing yourself seems pretty balanced to me. Hitting 700 damage to the enemy or hitting nothing seems even more overpowered than the current Insane Bolt. Once again, a Colossaled "King's Insane Bolt" almost does as much damage as the one Storm has now. They don't really lose anything when they don't hit the 700.

3. Agreed.

4. Storm can kill easily and be killed easily. This is why their matches are so short. At earlier levels, Storm is a bit more protective. As they progress, their offensive capabilities shine. That is why their matches are so short.

6. 0 pips to change an entire bubble isn't possible... With the new bubbles coming out it probably should see a decrease in pip cost, especially since the power pip chance goes for both allies and enemies.

7. Ice still has their huge health going for them. Unlike Storm, Ice can stun opponents long enough to build pips, shield, blade, heal, etc.

8. Most amulets don't give block at all, so 16 block rating is a start. Also, 16 block rating equates to about 3% block rating.

9. They probably don't need to heal if they're using Shrike, but the -25% healing is to incoming heals, so even when someone else heals them, they get healed for less. The -25% outgoing damage doesn't necessarily hinder Shadow Seraph.

10. That reasoning could make it so pet-casted blades can't be stolen, pet-casted shields can't be stolen, pet-casted heals can't be dispelled/infected, etc.

11. Vengeance doesn't necessarily count as a gap between critical and block since Conviction is around.
1. No, it isn't fair. Try playing a Storm wizard and spam Insane Bolt, it's only going to hit yourself after 5 or 6 wins with it. The Insane Bolt change makes the spell survivable for both sides and takes out the complete luck factor out of Storm's strategy so they would have to strategize for once.
4. Storm should have slightly higher health. Their Hades gear barely even gives 100, and spells with criticals do 2000 while Storm's health is only at the 3000's. They need a slight health increase.
6. Power Play is useless. It gives the Balance wizard (who already has almost 100% power pip chance, but I have 103% so it's even more useless for me) so it should be 2 pips. It does NOTHING to help the Balance wizard whatsoever and puts the Balance at a 4 pip disadvantage while giving the opponent power pips. 2 pips is being generous even, it should be 0 but I'll be fine with 2.
7. Storm can stun opponents as well. The very famous Black Mantle TC trend has been going on for a while, and with Storm Lord they can stun and do thousands of damage the next turn which most of the time ends the game. Ice needs higher resist, trust me.
8. Most amulets should give block if the gap between critical and block rating is 300+. Critical is simply going overboard and we need as much block rating as we can get.
9. Most of the time, people wouldn't need to heal if they have Shrike up. You're talking about team PvP, which is alright. Okay, so the person who used Shrike heals 25% less than his partner, so this gives a reason for Shadow Seraph to be useless? If you use Satyr, it's going to be +25%. If the opponent hits, it's going to be +25%. So basically, it's like normal healing but with backlash at the end. Shadow Seraph needs a different drawback than taking in extra damage. Tell me, when have you seen Shadow Seraph being used effectively compared to Shadow Shrike being used effectively? Seraph so far for me is 0, Shrike for me is uncountable.
10. No, because Steal Ward/Charm/Dispels/Infections don't cause damage like Supernova does. You can't compare those with Supernova.
11. Vengeance does count as a gap between critical and block. Okay, so let's say you have 250 block and your opponent has 420 critical. The gap right now is 170. Huge. You use Conviction and your opponent uses Vengeance, and the gap is even wider at 205. Block needs to be raised from Hades gear and you know it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
PvP King on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
1. No, it isn't fair. Try playing a Storm wizard and spam Insane Bolt, it's only going to hit yourself after 5 or 6 wins with it. The Insane Bolt change makes the spell survivable for both sides and takes out the complete luck factor out of Storm's strategy so they would have to strategize for once.
4. Storm should have slightly higher health. Their Hades gear barely even gives 100, and spells with criticals do 2000 while Storm's health is only at the 3000's. They need a slight health increase.
6. Power Play is useless. It gives the Balance wizard (who already has almost 100% power pip chance, but I have 103% so it's even more useless for me) so it should be 2 pips. It does NOTHING to help the Balance wizard whatsoever and puts the Balance at a 4 pip disadvantage while giving the opponent power pips. 2 pips is being generous even, it should be 0 but I'll be fine with 2.
7. Storm can stun opponents as well. The very famous Black Mantle TC trend has been going on for a while, and with Storm Lord they can stun and do thousands of damage the next turn which most of the time ends the game. Ice needs higher resist, trust me.
8. Most amulets should give block if the gap between critical and block rating is 300+. Critical is simply going overboard and we need as much block rating as we can get.
9. Most of the time, people wouldn't need to heal if they have Shrike up. You're talking about team PvP, which is alright. Okay, so the person who used Shrike heals 25% less than his partner, so this gives a reason for Shadow Seraph to be useless? If you use Satyr, it's going to be +25%. If the opponent hits, it's going to be +25%. So basically, it's like normal healing but with backlash at the end. Shadow Seraph needs a different drawback than taking in extra damage. Tell me, when have you seen Shadow Seraph being used effectively compared to Shadow Shrike being used effectively? Seraph so far for me is 0, Shrike for me is uncountable.
10. No, because Steal Ward/Charm/Dispels/Infections don't cause damage like Supernova does. You can't compare those with Supernova.
11. Vengeance does count as a gap between critical and block. Okay, so let's say you have 250 block and your opponent has 420 critical. The gap right now is 170. Huge. You use Conviction and your opponent uses Vengeance, and the gap is even wider at 205. Block needs to be raised from Hades gear and you know it.
1. Speaking from experience, no it isn't like that at all. Spamming Insane Bolt results in more like 40/60 win/loss over time. Don't believe me, go check out the testing on duelist101. 5-6 wins is the MAX run you will see, not the typical. You will also have runs of back to back losses on first cast.

4. Storm has plenty of health as it is. If we get more health we need to lose damage to balance that.

6. Learn another global.

7. The very LAST thing Ice needs is more resist.

8. You clearly don't understand the difference between critical and block ratings. They aren't comparable by straight numbers like you are trying to do.

9. Seraph, like most healing based spells are always more effective in team situations, not solo.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
seethe42 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
1. Speaking from experience, no it isn't like that at all. Spamming Insane Bolt results in more like 40/60 win/loss over time. Don't believe me, go check out the testing on duelist101. 5-6 wins is the MAX run you will see, not the typical. You will also have runs of back to back losses on first cast.

4. Storm has plenty of health as it is. If we get more health we need to lose damage to balance that.

6. Learn another global.

7. The very LAST thing Ice needs is more resist.

8. You clearly don't understand the difference between critical and block ratings. They aren't comparable by straight numbers like you are trying to do.

9. Seraph, like most healing based spells are always more effective in team situations, not solo.
1. Like I said, Insane Bolt is all about chance. A win/loss spell. It should be changed to something that's more like an advantage/disadvantage spell, not what it is right now.
4. Maybe, but other schools have at least 20% resist vs Storms while Storm wizards have 0% resist (thanks to armor pierce) towards other schools.
6. I did learn another global. Sanctuary, Doom and Gloom, and Darkwind. I farmed Luska for the Storm mastery, but I'd much rather use the amulet of divine influence. Why would I need to go buy my training points back, buy a mastery amulet, and train the school just to be able to cast an efficient global that's not going to help me? To me, that doesn't seem right. Power Play should be 2 pips, period.
7. That's maybe because you're thinking about the crafted gear. Well let me tell you, Ice's Hades gear gives 5% more resist than other schools, while Ice has significantly lower damage boost and armor piercing, and if you calculate it with Ice's 3 armor pierce, a 42 resist opponent's resist would be 39. Now let's say, a Fire faces the Ice, the Ice's 48 resist would be 41. A 2% difference while Fire has far more critical and damage boost than Ice does.
8. I do understand critical and block ratings, and they are comparable by straight numbers now. I equipped some gear to get my block rating to exactly 200, the percentage was 29% I did the same with critical and got it to 200, it was 35%. Critical rating is way higher than block rating right now no matter how you put it.
9. As a Balance wizard, I don't have any spells that "heals my whole team in a team situation", I only have Availing Hands and Helping Hands. If the spell was meant for a team heal such as Unicorn and Rebirth, then why make Balance get the spell? So no, change it so it works for both Balance and Life wizards. It's not fair for Balance to get a complete waste of a shadow spell while other schools get ones worth using.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
PvP King on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
1. Like I said, Insane Bolt is all about chance. A win/loss spell. It should be changed to something that's more like an advantage/disadvantage spell, not what it is right now.
4. Maybe, but other schools have at least 20% resist vs Storms while Storm wizards have 0% resist (thanks to armor pierce) towards other schools.
6. I did learn another global. Sanctuary, Doom and Gloom, and Darkwind. I farmed Luska for the Storm mastery, but I'd much rather use the amulet of divine influence. Why would I need to go buy my training points back, buy a mastery amulet, and train the school just to be able to cast an efficient global that's not going to help me? To me, that doesn't seem right. Power Play should be 2 pips, period.
7. That's maybe because you're thinking about the crafted gear. Well let me tell you, Ice's Hades gear gives 5% more resist than other schools, while Ice has significantly lower damage boost and armor piercing, and if you calculate it with Ice's 3 armor pierce, a 42 resist opponent's resist would be 39. Now let's say, a Fire faces the Ice, the Ice's 48 resist would be 41. A 2% difference while Fire has far more critical and damage boost than Ice does.
8. I do understand critical and block ratings, and they are comparable by straight numbers now. I equipped some gear to get my block rating to exactly 200, the percentage was 29% I did the same with critical and got it to 200, it was 35%. Critical rating is way higher than block rating right now no matter how you put it.
9. As a Balance wizard, I don't have any spells that "heals my whole team in a team situation", I only have Availing Hands and Helping Hands. If the spell was meant for a team heal such as Unicorn and Rebirth, then why make Balance get the spell? So no, change it so it works for both Balance and Life wizards. It's not fair for Balance to get a complete waste of a shadow spell while other schools get ones worth using.
8. your numbers are totally off.
9. I said it's meant for team situations, NOT team heal spells. The point of the spell is to boost your healing of other people. Since Balance very often acts and healer, tank and support, the spell works just fine for it. I carry both seraph and shrike in my team ups on my Balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
seethe42 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
8. your numbers are totally off.
9. I said it's meant for team situations, NOT team heal spells. The point of the spell is to boost your healing of other people. Since Balance very often acts and healer, tank and support, the spell works just fine for it. I carry both seraph and shrike in my team ups on my Balance.
8. No, my numbers aren't off. That was exactly what it said when I equipped my gear.
9. Shadow Seraph is still useless. I'd rather use Mend and have the same healing boost with no backlash for 4 rounds (longer than Shadow Seraph) and does the same thing without drawbacks. I don't see Infallible giving 50% armor pierce so Shrike is insanely useful, and Shadow Seraph and Mend have no differences, the only thing is that Shadow Seraph does the same but has backlash and extra damage intake. One of the most useless spells.