Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

players who join tournaments and then flee

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
I play a lot of tournaments and I am getting very tired of joining 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments only to find my team mate is AFK or just flees as soon as the game starts. this is obviously so that they can get "free" tickets.

There needs to be some sort of penalty for joining a tournament and not actually playing in it. at the very least the player who doesn't play should not receive any tickets or trophy's . my random 3v3 team actually won a tournament that had 1 player absent the entire 4 games and yet that player still receives a gold trophy and over a 1000 arena tickets. how is this O.K?

speaking of arena tickets. there value is almost completely worthless now. I have over 120,000 of them at the moment and nothing worth buying with them.

I suggest a player who joins a tournament and does not play should not receive any tickets or trophy's and should also receive a ban from joining a tournament. this should not apply to someone who misses one of the matches but to all to make it fair for people who genuinely have lost connection

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, it's never fun/fair when that happens.

I agree that missing two matches should result in no tickets/trophy (maybe it already does?)

I just am terrible at PVP, but I need to do more Tournaments it sounds like. You can donate your tickets to me because there is always things to buy! There are a number of housing item things that I would totally buy and also reagents, but if housing isn't your thing... buy mounts?

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I am not a person who joins and flees, but it's best just to organize your own team. You cannot be guaranteed that you will have a fully functioning team if you join by yourself.