Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player vs player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2014
I don't think people should be able to watch the PvP matches because there is nothing ever good about people watching others PVP matches. no one ever is nice and never can just watch. They have to talk and be super rude when talking about the people that are PVPing they say rude, gross things and things about peoples spell they use. wizard101 has the chat guard but people go around it and you can still understand what they are trying to say. If wizard101 does not want to get rid of people being able to watch then at least make a PVP private ranked book stand because I am sure you would be surprised the amount of people that would use it. we should have the choice to let people watch our PVP matches.

Explorer
May 26, 2012
I have watched pvp battles and I haven't heard anything like that (then again, I don't watch a lot of battles)

I guess they could add that option, though.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I agree. Some sort of button to let people watch your match or not would be nice.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
taywizgirl100 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
I don't think people should be able to watch the PvP matches because there is nothing ever good about people watching others PVP matches. no one ever is nice and never can just watch. They have to talk and be super rude when talking about the people that are PVPing they say rude, gross things and things about peoples spell they use. wizard101 has the chat guard but people go around it and you can still understand what they are trying to say. If wizard101 does not want to get rid of people being able to watch then at least make a PVP private ranked book stand because I am sure you would be surprised the amount of people that would use it. we should have the choice to let people watch our PVP matches.
I don't really think this is necessary. Although I do not have text chat, so I can't hear what anyone is saying anyways.
But think about how many people watch PVP matches to pass the time before their match starts, or use them in order to learn better strategies for PVPing.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
I think it's an interesting option that haven't seen in other games so much. I do agree that many people are very rude, condescending and antagonizing during battles. You are fighting people at times while three people are cheering for them and wishing outloud you lose and taunting you.

Maybe if the option to remove viewing isn't allowed, perhaps an option to make viewers be silent for the matches would be more viable and pleasing to all, afterall it's a battle, not a commentary or social get together.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
People watching PVP is fine.

Many PVPers learn from watching. Tons of my friends come to watch my matches.

Yes there are mean people in the arena, but the benefits outweigh the downfalls.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I think a simple solution to this problem is to have an option to switch off chat. It will not stop you saying things so you can still say gg at the end of a match etc. Instead it will block you from seeing whatever everyone else is saying. When you activate this setting there should be a symbol above your head that lets all the other players know that you cannot see what they are saying.

This option should not block your friends messages. And if your friends do start to say rude horrible things then just unfriend them.