Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets, and PvP

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think the fog/grove unicorns use sprite WAY to much in pvp listen I was in a 4v4 with my friends and this guy's unicorn kept using sprite like 4 times a round look it would be the first guyon my side casted his spell his unicorn healed him I casted my spell, unicorn heals him other girl casts hers unicorn heals and it healed almost every turn and every time someone casted a spell and it wouldnt quit and we couldnt manage to kill him because of those ridiculous sprites I think pets should stop casting in pvp unless it's the spell you use that they come with like level 48 pets and stuff or it should at least be reduced in the frequency they cast these spells and they should NOT be allowed to interrupt and cast it

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I think the fog/grove unicorns use sprite WAY to much in pvp listen I was in a 4v4 with my friends and this guy's unicorn kept using sprite like 4 times a round look it would be the first guyon my side casted his spell his unicorn healed him I casted my spell, unicorn heals him other girl casts hers unicorn heals and it healed almost every turn and every time someone casted a spell and it wouldnt quit and we couldnt manage to kill him because of those ridiculous sprites I think pets should stop casting in pvp unless it's the spell you use that they come with like level 48 pets and stuff or it should at least be reduced in the frequency they cast these spells and they should NOT be allowed to interrupt and cast it
what are you talking about? it sounds like your talking a pet or a spell, please clarify what your saying, cause i have no clue

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Mattcactus wrote:
bravevline wrote:
what are you talking about? it sounds like your talking a pet or a spell, please clarify what your saying, cause i have no clue
pets can cast spells now and the fog and grove unicorns do it to often in pvps

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
With all due respect, I think your example is either an exaggeration or a fluke. I use the Fog Unicorn quite often, and it has NEVER cast sprite that much. Not even in a long PVP match. Most I got was 4 times in a boss fight while questing, which is also an exception to the norm for me. Usual is 1 per duel, but I can go 4 or 5 duels in a row without ever having it cast.

Things to remember though.

1) The ability to cast these spells is some of the draw for some pets. Taking that away or lowering the rate, makes these pets less desireable.

2) A lot of time, snacks and sometimes gold or crowns went into raising pets to get those talents. Again, taking it away or lowering the rate makes all that seem like a waste of time, and somewhat undermines the players who went through all that to get it.

3) The sprite cast from Spritely is a watered down sprite. It heals half of what the Sprite Life spell does. So while a bunch of these surely can cause problems, it's going to take a lot of those sprites to make any player impossible to kill. You said it happened to you, and I hesitate to say it didn't, but I do find it difficult to believe, seeing that I've used the Fog Unicorn for a while now, and never been on such a lucky sprite spree. Still, even if it did happen, I don't think it's such a problem that it needs to be addressed, as it's not a common occurence.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Cimmerz wrote:
With all due respect, I think your example is either an exaggeration or a fluke. I use the Fog Unicorn quite often, and it has NEVER cast sprite that much. Not even in a long PVP match. Most I got was 4 times in a boss fight while questing, which is also an exception to the norm for me. Usual is 1 per duel, but I can go 4 or 5 duels in a row without ever having it cast.

Things to remember though.

1) The ability to cast these spells is some of the draw for some pets. Taking that away or lowering the rate, makes these pets less desireable.

2) A lot of time, snacks and sometimes gold or crowns went into raising pets to get those talents. Again, taking it away or lowering the rate makes all that seem like a waste of time, and somewhat undermines the players who went through all that to get it.

3) The sprite cast from Spritely is a watered down sprite. It heals half of what the Sprite Life spell does. So while a bunch of these surely can cause problems, it's going to take a lot of those sprites to make any player impossible to kill. You said it happened to you, and I hesitate to say it didn't, but I do find it difficult to believe, seeing that I've used the Fog Unicorn for a while now, and never been on such a lucky sprite spree. Still, even if it did happen, I don't think it's such a problem that it needs to be addressed, as it's not a common occurence.
It sounds like your fog unicorn doesnt cast it that much, the guy I was in pvp with had a grove unicorn, maybe they should make the grove unicorn's sprite casting rate like the fog unicorn.