Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition to remove all dispels from the game

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I sign.

Dispels are unfair cards that are in no way needed in the game. Casting and damage/healing reductions, stuns, decreased healing bubbles, and shields are all one really needs. Though intruducing bubbles that decreases the damage from any one school, including balance, might be a good idea.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
They are fair, any school can get them and they cost 2 pips. They don't hurt anything, stop complaining seasnake.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I sign.

Dispels are unfair cards that are in no way needed in the game. Casting and damage/healing reductions, stuns, decreased healing bubbles, and shields are all one really needs. Though intruducing bubbles that decreases the damage from any one school, including balance, might be a good idea.
i dont think this should be banned because they learned it with the training point they earned. If you dont like them then maybe you should learn dispel and dispel them! lol i do like them though. they're handy when you dont have an infection

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
I sign, provided no School-specific Damage mitigaters are introduced in their stead. There are quite enough of those, as any reasonable Ice, Fire, Life, Myth, Storm, and Death Wizard can attest (and Balance Wizards can attest to it too).

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
I do NOT sign. Seasnake, out of all the posts i have seen from you, they r all the same. Complaining!!!! If this game "doesnt fit your childish needs" dont play. Dispels are one of the simplest of spells to overcome. Dont wanna get a life dispell on your, use a life wand. If you get a dispel on you thats for your school, use a 0 pip spell to get rid of it!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Sure I will sign, but only if that rotten combo Life/Death dispel of Myth monsters goes too. Good grief, not only can they Earthquake, they dispel!

Has anybody noticed you can get one pip Fire, Storm, Ice dispels at the Bazaar, but not Myth, Life, Death? You have to train it, and even if you train it, its two pips, white or yellow, its not your school.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
This PvP stuff has to end seriously. It doesn't matter if Wild Bolt killed me in one shot! Or judgement is so cheap! Or this dumb complaint! Its just a GAME! Who cares if you lose like 9 arena tickets from the battle? So just be quiet and play thw game! If you don't like it than try to shield or counter them! Three quarters of this stuff is PvP is so cheap or something! Jeez!

Oceanman123

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I dont know if they should remove dispels.....

Maybe they should add a balance dispel? I know that they tried that out but didn't make it live but when every other school has a dispel for them, why doesn't balance? They say that its because judgement but what about other school spells? Storm and tempest, fire and heck hound? And any player who has the storm hound pet.........

Anyway unless they eventually add a balance dispel yeah i guess ill sign.....

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Spiritshadow wrote:

Maybe they should add a balance dispel? I know that they tried that out but didn't make it live but when every other school has a dispel for them, why doesn't balance? They say that its because judgement but what about other school spells? Storm and tempest, fire and heck hound? And any player who has the storm hound pet.........

a balance dispel isn't really needed, what is needed is completely ridding one pip dispel treasure cards and the total ban of dispel cards from PvP as they strongly favor the side that goes first that can avoid losing all its pips during turns of play

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I sign.

100% DISAGREE. Dispels are NOT unfair. Dispels are useful for nerfing cheating bosses cheats. if you can't understand that, then you truly are a PVE Noob and a PVP Junky. While I would have no problem with PVP having a whole set of rules JUST for it, it should not hurt PVE more than it already HAS.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Again with wanting to change everything thats good about the game seasnake! Dispels arent necessarily used by everybody in everything (not just PvP) and KI dont go changing spells just becuase of something OPTIONAL like PvP.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Johnist wrote:
seasnake wrote:
I sign.

100% DISAGREE. Dispels are NOT unfair. Dispels are useful for nerfing cheating bosses cheats. if you can't understand that, then you truly are a PVE Noob and a PVP Junky. While I would have no problem with PVP having a whole set of rules JUST for it, it should not hurt PVE more than it already HAS.

Johnist, with all of your capitalized words, I guess that you've been reading too much Diary Of a Wimpy Kid! Getting back on topic, I disagree. Dispels are very useful in PvE, like Johnist said. Just because people use them on you in PvP doesn't mean that Kingsisle will remove them from the game.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
i think they make the game more interesting, good for PVE aswell. I petition to dispel this thread.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Dispels are useful. If you are fighting your own school, it'll be useful to make they fizzle. It is not unfair.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Spiritshadow wrote:

Unbalance, coming soon to an update near everyone...

best way to counter these, try to blade, wand, shield, or trap it off.

nothing more you can do at the moment for removing them unless your pet can may cast and remove that one.

balance might be out of luck here with the pet option though unless they come out with a hex, or balance blade (may cast) ability for pets (none exist that i know of currently)

alternative options for balance, weakness, black mantle, balance blade, wand them off, i haven't encountered many dispellers but i can see how these can be a bit of a issue if you get loaded up with these

haven't hit the arena since celectia, nothing was refined here or rewritten to make if worth returning, have all but the bronze helephant so i don't think i would unless they revamp the structure to class people by lvl (1-10, 11-20, and so on, that is as fair as it could ever get actually), but i do see the math still applies for a lot of these things

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Dispells are fair i would say for the most part but i think treasured ones have to go. If you want a dispell you should train it instead of buying mass quanities of treasure dispels because they will only take one pip. If i were fix dispel to make it more "fair" you shouldnt lose your pips if it works on you, also poiting out unless you have first turn dispells are useless

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Spiritshadow wrote:

Balance has no specific Dispell because Balance has no specific Blade, Trap, Sheild, or Prism - all things the other Schools share as well.