Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet pvp bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I recently dueled a balance wizard they won due to this bug / Imbalance. The balance wizard had second turn. If you have a pet and you die, but your pet kills the other wizard with swarm or sandstorm while you are dead the balance wizard will get the win NOT the player that got the kill first.

I feel this mechanic is backwards for 3 reasons. One is pets require 0 skill since they are automated and random. the second is the wizard that won with his own spell , used his resources pips, accuracy cards , timing, and played the gamble of damaging over healing. Then 3rd is he got the kill FIRST.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It is my understanding that if your head is wobbling and you're actually dead, your pet can't cast any spells.

Do you mean that there was an unavoidable damage over time effect that would kill on the next turn?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, you have this quite wrong. Pets have triggers that effect their spells.

Attack spells such as locust swarm etc, require for the user to cast some type of trap, not when you hit their owner. Now, minions on the other hand, those are very different and can still attack.

So, please, figure out which one you are referring to.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Actually pets no longer activate after a player has died. That being said I believe you are referring to minions. Even then, you are not completely right. If you kill a wizard and his minion kills you, the battle ends in a tie. Pvp ties in wizard 101 result in a loss of points and rank for both sides.