Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Heals Somewhat Out of Control?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
Recently I have been watching and playing some pvp, and I feel that pets spamming heals should be limited in some way to prevent someone about to die coming back from 3 to 5 pet heals. I believe that pet heals should be limited to something like 1 heal every two rounds (to prevent pets from mass spamming). These are my two main reasons:

1. Can be unfair to the other player. I understand that pet healing is part of the game and sometimes you just get lucky or unlucky, but if someone who is getting outplayed constantly gets saved by his/her pet, I feel it is unfair to the other player who is playing better but is being prevented from winning by something he/she can't control.

2. Disrupts and can make matches extremely long. It's usually no problem in 1v1 or 2v2, but in 3v3 and 4v4 if everyones pet is going crazy it can extend the match a significant amount. For example, over the weekend I watched a 4v4 match that was delayed for a little more than 3 minutes straight while everyones pets healed. Throughout a long match this could turn into a large amount of time (which also contributes to a problem of some high level 4v4's which many consider to go on for too long).

Post your ideas on this below, Seth Fireblade - Promethean

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Topher3691 on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
Recently I have been watching and playing some pvp, and I feel that pets spamming heals should be limited in some way to prevent someone about to die coming back from 3 to 5 pet heals. I believe that pet heals should be limited to something like 1 heal every two rounds (to prevent pets from mass spamming). These are my two main reasons:

1. Can be unfair to the other player. I understand that pet healing is part of the game and sometimes you just get lucky or unlucky, but if someone who is getting outplayed constantly gets saved by his/her pet, I feel it is unfair to the other player who is playing better but is being prevented from winning by something he/she can't control.

2. Disrupts and can make matches extremely long. It's usually no problem in 1v1 or 2v2, but in 3v3 and 4v4 if everyones pet is going crazy it can extend the match a significant amount. For example, over the weekend I watched a 4v4 match that was delayed for a little more than 3 minutes straight while everyones pets healed. Throughout a long match this could turn into a large amount of time (which also contributes to a problem of some high level 4v4's which many consider to go on for too long).

Post your ideas on this below, Seth Fireblade - Promethean
any changes they make they should make to PvP ONLY. Dont change the way things work in PvE to counter what happens in PvP. That's not fair and mucks the game up for everybody

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
It seems to me that in 4v4, the pet that starts spamming is the pet that keeps spamming until the end. It's odd how this happens, as when one pet spams in 4v4 the other pets in the same team do not. I think that's an error in the percentage generator Wizard101 uses, as when the generator picks something it tends to stick to that decision (seen when you block or don't block a critical, you start not blocking or blocking it for a long period of time, also seen when you go on a fizzle streak, and also seen when you get several white pips when your power pip chance is 90%).

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
dayerider on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
any changes they make they should make to PvP ONLY. Dont change the way things work in PvE to counter what happens in PvP. That's not fair and mucks the game up for everybody
I completely agree. If it cannot be made PVP ONLY, then there should not be any changes made at all.