Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Options for Ranked PvP!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
When it comes to finding a Ranked match the community seems to be divided in two. Some of us wouldn't mind waiting half an hour for a match if it meant we were going to be paired with a fair level. And some of us just want to find a match quickly and fight.
To the second group of people I would like to just say, if all you want is a fight and you don't care about fair pairing then there is a place for you. It's called practice!
This second group who just want to find a quick match is the reason Ranked PvP pairing is so unfair. KI has been listening to these players when really they should have just told them to play practice.
I thought Ranked PvP was for the players who wanted to take it seriously. Those of us who want to fairly test our skills with an opponent want an opponent of the same level to match ourselves against. I am sick and tired of fighting wizards 40 levels above me. This is not testing my skills in any way, it is just sending me to the firing squad to die. No amount of skill can save me from the Hades gear which many of these level 90s' have. I would much rather wait and be paired against another warlord of my own level.

I'm going to be realistic. This is probably not going to happen. But I think there should be two options when you quick join a match.
Find quick match
Find fair match
The first of these two options will find a match the same as it always has. For the people who want that.
The second will find you a fair match but will wait as long as it takes to find an opponent of the same level.

What do you think?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Ghost stone on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
When it comes to finding a Ranked match the community seems to be divided in two. Some of us wouldn't mind waiting half an hour for a match if it meant we were going to be paired with a fair level. And some of us just want to find a match quickly and fight.
To the second group of people I would like to just say, if all you want is a fight and you don't care about fair pairing then there is a place for you. It's called practice!
This second group who just want to find a quick match is the reason Ranked PvP pairing is so unfair. KI has been listening to these players when really they should have just told them to play practice.
I thought Ranked PvP was for the players who wanted to take it seriously. Those of us who want to fairly test our skills with an opponent want an opponent of the same level to match ourselves against. I am sick and tired of fighting wizards 40 levels above me. This is not testing my skills in any way, it is just sending me to the firing squad to die. No amount of skill can save me from the Hades gear which many of these level 90s' have. I would much rather wait and be paired against another warlord of my own level.

I'm going to be realistic. This is probably not going to happen. But I think there should be two options when you quick join a match.
Find quick match
Find fair match
The first of these two options will find a match the same as it always has. For the people who want that.
The second will find you a fair match but will wait as long as it takes to find an opponent of the same level.

What do you think?
I wish that was an option in ranked...My balance level 33 constantly gets paired with level 60+, and their criticals and higher powered spells do get quite annoying. A match with a person the same level as me would be much easier.