Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open your eyes and see...

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
People complain about cards, schools, lots of stuff.
Here is something you should see....

School complaints:
Balance
Death
Storm
Myth
Life
Not much left for you is there?

Reasons for a lot of the complaints:
Lost one battle to a good card
Is loosing because of good cards
Thinks that treasure cards are unfair
Doesn't like other persons sheilds

That would leave you will no sheilds, bad cards, and means your not allowed to win... EVER.

Lets sum up a wizard made so that these people are happy...

Name: Wizard Test
School: ice
Main cards: ice beetle, evil snowman, ice wyvern
Chance of winning against a monster: Very low
Chance of winning in arena: Never
Chance of being called a noob: Very high

Is that what you want? Do you really want wizards to be like this?

Why don't people get it?!
This is supost to be a fun game but it has been turned into a place where people are always being put down...
called names because they're new...
reported for healing themselves...
being treated like jerkes because the other person lost...

This.... is the real world.

It shouldn't be like this.

I don't care what excuse you may think you have. You don't have one! NO ONE DOES!

And people... if you're the victim of such treatment and you say rude things back... YOU HAVE BECOME THE VILLIAN. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I leave you with no ground left to stand on. Ether you change your ways or you fall.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
I confess, I have complained, too. Shame to admit it. But at least I'm not as bad as some people. BOOM!

My eyes- are-

*drum roll*

OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

*gasp*

But it would be one thing to complain if someone dropped my choclate cake with chocolate frosting, choco chips, whipping cream, M'nMs, fudge, more fudge, brownie chunks, hmm, more brownie chunks, ooh and chocolate ice cream, and oreos off a cliff. THEN, I would complain. Actually, no i wouldnt. I would jump off the clif, too, and get it. But then I would die
May my chocolate-filled gut rest in peace.

Lol. But i so agree with you

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
61
[ I have to agree they do treat you like a loser if you lose against them just last night I lost to a pvp match i asked the guy to be my friend and guess what he said. NO But i had to tell him why cant you just add me it doesn't matter if i lost to you. I think you should be able to smack talk in pvp even if you have open chat. It would make the world a much much better place.



Your friend ,
Finnigan DarkFlame LVL 41 life wizard 8)

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
I would like to thank everyone who has posted and who will post.

coophol wrote:
[ I have to agree they do treat you like a loser if you lose against them just last night I lost to a pvp match i asked the guy to be my friend and guess what he said. NO But i had to tell him why cant you just add me it doesn't matter if i lost to you. I think you should be able to smack talk in pvp even if you have open chat. It would make the world a much much better place.



Your friend ,
Finnigan DarkFlame LVL 41 life wizard 8)


Some people just don't want to let every single person who asks to join there list, espeacially if it's full and means they have to delete someone.
I say no to friend requests sometimes, but it's not because they lost or anything. So don't be upset about it. :D

Your friend,
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 Balance/Ice

P.S. "Smack talking" actually makes things worse. Believe me... I have seen it! (shutters)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
yes yes, poor ice wizards are abbused. but they are good in pvp if trained right

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
Just when it seemed bad... it got worse!
What am I talking about?
I'm talking about complaining.
I have seen a post complaining about the new schools that HAVEN'T EVEN COME OUT YET!!!

Take a good look at this, re-read it, see how bad people are getting, and make sure your not one of the people who do this.

Doesn't matter who starts it as long as someone finishes it!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! They have found the line and crossed it by a mile!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. It does't matter who you are, if you complain you are no diferent then the worst on the message board. Who is better? The lowly yet kind peasant, or the rude complaining and prideful king? Who would you want as your king? The peasant most likely!

However If you don't complain as much as some that is good. It means you know the limit and it will be easier to change your ways!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
o dear... i just had an epiphany.... were complaining about complaining! :P :P .

i see what u mean, though. im getting a little sick of "get rid of wild bolt or i quit!" and "judgment is soooooo not fare" and "minions arent cool". bla bla bla...
when i was young, my dad always told me," if ya hungry , you'll eat it!"
what i mean here is, if ya want pvp you'll take what u got and make the best of it.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
I must say I ahve complained once or twice on the message boards. Those were for ideas for KI though. I do agree people are taking the game to seriously and will not stop complaining.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
I think that complaining is OK, if there is a just cause. But still, I normally post replies to those complaints and answer them with Pros and Cons. So I mostly agree with you.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
61
Ice needs a better spell and the spells they all rdy have aren't good like they waited 25 levels to get blizard but it only does lik 230- 300 damage that should be stronger like 295- 350 damage and frost giant they waited 47 levels for it and what do they get 460 and a stun i say it should it least be like 660 damage. And they bag on them since they have most health! they should be attacking storms and fires since they do the most damage!they should stop attacking ice's they should be kill last they dont do that much their best attack is a frost giant! the point isthey should stop being bagged on and get better attacks!



Finnigan Darkflame lvl 42 life wizard 8)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Finally someone has told the people about this nagging problem that I face twenty-four-seven. I lose a lot of times to people and they start making fun of me and calling me a noob, but I feel like if I report them that now I will be the bad guy!!!!!!! I really appreciate you telling people about this ongoing problem. Thank you

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
i posted a idea for not allowing treasure cards in ranked pvp idk if people took it as a complaint but it wasnt. it was an idea to make sure that ranked pvp was based on skill. but allow treasure cards in practice pvp.

But yea i do agree with you to many people have been complaining about balance storm and some other stuff. and i have seen one or two things about not allowing higher levels to battle lower levels, well put a level lock on your pvp when you creat it! you can do this people so if you dont want a grandmaster to come in and pick on your simply put a level lock to keep them out.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
ThePieMaster wrote:
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!


I am not complaining. I am just pointing things out in order to help people.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

The message boards will only be happier when people aren't complaining about every little thing.

Think about it.... will people who hate complaints be happier reading complaints or reading that other people also want to stop them?

PEACE PEOPLE!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. I want to advise everyone to be a bit more carful how they say things. I don't want anyone to think of this as complaining. It is just meant to raise awareness....

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!


I am not complaining. I am just pointing things out in order to help people.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

The message boards will only be happier when people aren't complaining about every little thing.

Think about it.... will people who hate complaints be happier reading complaints or reading that other people also want to stop them?

PEACE PEOPLE!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. I want to advise everyone to be a bit more carful how they say things. I don't want anyone to think of this as complaining. It is just meant to raise awareness....

Well I still think it has gotten a little out of hands and that it is complaining. The fact that people have said people are losers for complaining and so on so forth. But hay we are complaining right now saying that people should not complain and that you should not be destroying the message boards with mean thoughts. I understand THAT I just believe you should keep these thought in your head. Oh and if you are pointing things out about complaints you are pointing them out in a complaining style. Popman98 agrees look at his post. (Sorry if I put you into a bad spot Popman 98) I did not mean to hurt your feelings or any of that by saying you are a whiner too. Cause you are not a whiner you just well I don't know how to put it... say stuff in a complainig style. Did not mean to hurt feelings... PEACE!!!

Scarlet Shadow level 50 Diviner

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
ThePieMaster wrote:
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!


I am not complaining. I am just pointing things out in order to help people.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

The message boards will only be happier when people aren't complaining about every little thing.

Think about it.... will people who hate complaints be happier reading complaints or reading that other people also want to stop them?

PEACE PEOPLE!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. I want to advise everyone to be a bit more carful how they say things. I don't want anyone to think of this as complaining. It is just meant to raise awareness....

Well I still think it has gotten a little out of hands and that it is complaining. The fact that people have said people are losers for complaining and so on so forth. But hay we are complaining right now saying that people should not complain and that you should not be destroying the message boards with mean thoughts. I understand THAT I just believe you should keep these thought in your head. Oh and if you are pointing things out about complaints you are pointing them out in a complaining style. Popman98 agrees look at his post. (Sorry if I put you into a bad spot Popman 98) I did not mean to hurt your feelings or any of that by saying you are a whiner too. Cause you are not a whiner you just well I don't know how to put it... say stuff in a complainig style. Did not mean to hurt feelings... PEACE!!!

Scarlet Shadow level 50 Diviner


Thanks for letting me know! I need this kind of information in order to make my posts better.

I'm not going to just keep this stuff in my head... but I also don't want it to look like complaining. Any ideas of how I can point these things out in a not complaining way? Your help is wanted and thanks again for letting me know.

PEACE!
Destiny Dragocoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. You have not hurt my fealings.... it is worse to not know a problem than it is to be told. After all.... I don't my posts going down the drain so to speak....

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
Merekid wrote:
People complain about cards, schools, lots of stuff.
Here is something you should see....

School complaints:
Balance
Death
Storm
Myth
Life
Not much left for you is there?

Reasons for a lot of the complaints:
Lost one battle to a good card
Is loosing because of good cards
Thinks that treasure cards are unfair
Doesn't like other persons sheilds

That would leave you will no sheilds, bad cards, and means your not allowed to win... EVER.

Lets sum up a wizard made so that these people are happy...

Name: Wizard Test
School: ice
Main cards: ice beetle, evil snowman, ice wyvern
Chance of winning against a monster: Very low
Chance of winning in arena: Never
Chance of being called a noob: Very high

Is that what you want? Do you really want wizards to be like this?

Why don't people get it?!
This is supost to be a fun game but it has been turned into a place where people are always being put down...
called names because they're new...
reported for healing themselves...
being treated like jerkes because the other person lost...

This.... is the real world.

It shouldn't be like this.

I don't care what excuse you may think you have. You don't have one! NO ONE DOES!

And people... if you're the victim of such treatment and you say rude things back... YOU HAVE BECOME THE VILLIAN. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I leave you with no ground left to stand on. Ether you change your ways or you fall.


I agree 100% great job.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Finally someone has told the people about this nagging problem that I face twenty-four-seven. I lose a lot of times to people and they start making fun of me and calling me a noob, but I feel like if I report them that now I will be the bad guy!!!!!!! I really appreciate you telling people about this ongoing problem. Thank you


Remember this... if they CURSE that is a reportable offence and therefore if you report them you're not the bad guy.

But the word NOOB is harmless and if someone doesn't know what it is...the person saying it is just making themselves sound gross and weird.
There is no need to report someone for NOOB calling because they are punishing themselves by unknowingly making themselves sound unfriendly (resulting in friend loss) and dumb. (as refered to in a science NOOB explanation)

Do to the fact that you say you don't report for being called noob...I will assume that you are VERY SMART and know when to let things go.

Enjoy your time on Wizard101 and I hope people are nice to you.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting fact... some person tried telling their plant they wanted it to die (or something mean like that) and guess what? IT CROAKED!
So remember... you may think your words have no effect... but if they can kill plants, how much more can they do to a human who has emotions to amplify cruelty?

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
ThePieMaster wrote:
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!


I am not complaining. I am just pointing things out in order to help people.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

The message boards will only be happier when people aren't complaining about every little thing.

Think about it.... will people who hate complaints be happier reading complaints or reading that other people also want to stop them?

PEACE PEOPLE!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. I want to advise everyone to be a bit more carful how they say things. I don't want anyone to think of this as complaining. It is just meant to raise awareness....

Well I still think it has gotten a little out of hands and that it is complaining. The fact that people have said people are losers for complaining and so on so forth. But hay we are complaining right now saying that people should not complain and that you should not be destroying the message boards with mean thoughts. I understand THAT I just believe you should keep these thought in your head. Oh and if you are pointing things out about complaints you are pointing them out in a complaining style. Popman98 agrees look at his post. (Sorry if I put you into a bad spot Popman 98) I did not mean to hurt your feelings or any of that by saying you are a whiner too. Cause you are not a whiner you just well I don't know how to put it... say stuff in a complainig style. Did not mean to hurt feelings... PEACE!!!

Scarlet Shadow level 50 Diviner

hey, no hard feelings at all. personally, i dont mind being called a whiner, sometimes i am one.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
11
There is nothing wrong with complaining, you should complain if you feel justified in doing so. But HOW you complain makes all the difference in the world. A lot of the things people love about this game today, wouldn't be here, if people back then didn't complain about certain things. It's how game developers know what to change. Granted there are many complaints that have absolutely no point or valid cause. But there are also some complaints that have good logical thinking behind them and that make sense, and presented with courtesy and respect.

The type of complaining that is really unproductive, is well this thread for example. The complaint has no real value because it is too vague and generalized.This thread is complaining about people complaining. What type of complaining? All complaining? So no one should ever complain so the game never changes. No offense, but the thread shouldn't of been started. Another type of complaining that is harmful, is people that just complain in very offensive ways in which case no matter how good their complaint is, no one cares cause of how offensive they were.

The type of complaining the game needs is constructive complaining with suggestions on how to fix the problem, and not base the complaint on rare occurences. It also needs to be made with fair frame of mind, not just after you lost a battle in PVP and you want to come on here and rant.



Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
Althalus409 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with complaining, you should complain if you feel justified in doing so. But HOW you complain makes all the difference in the world. A lot of the things people love about this game today, wouldn't be here, if people back then didn't complain about certain things. It's how game developers know what to change. Granted there are many complaints that have absolutely no point or valid cause. But there are also some complaints that have good logical thinking behind them and that make sense, and presented with courtesy and respect.

The type of complaining that is really unproductive, is well this thread for example. The complaint has no real value because it is too vague and generalized.This thread is complaining about people complaining. What type of complaining? All complaining? So no one should ever complain so the game never changes. No offense, but the thread shouldn't of been started. Another type of complaining that is harmful, is people that just complain in very offensive ways in which case no matter how good their complaint is, no one cares cause of how offensive they were.

The type of complaining the game needs is constructive complaining with suggestions on how to fix the problem, and not base the complaint on rare occurences. It also needs to be made with fair frame of mind, not just after you lost a battle in PVP and you want to come on here and rant.




Hmm... I see some things in my post need to be made clear....

You have a point about SOME complaints being ok.... like someone saying, "Hey Kingsisle.. just wanted to say I'm tired of my pet changing colors."

But most of the complaints on the message board are NOT helpful.

It's stuff like "Get rid of Judgement or I quit!" and lots of others that come under the catagory of not helpful.

So, I hope I have made myself clear and you understand "what kind of complaining" is totally not needed.

Sorry for not being clear enough before.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two were out to make a point.
Both wanted peace in the world, but only one had success.
Why?
Because they used a different method to do it.
The one with success used kind words, and helped people to be better.
The other called people names and said they were to bad to live.
So what does this teach us?
You decide.....

How could this story help us?

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Althalus409 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with complaining, you should complain if you feel justified in doing so. But HOW you complain makes all the difference in the world. A lot of the things people love about this game today, wouldn't be here, if people back then didn't complain about certain things. It's how game developers know what to change. Granted there are many complaints that have absolutely no point or valid cause. But there are also some complaints that have good logical thinking behind them and that make sense, and presented with courtesy and respect.

The type of complaining that is really unproductive, is well this thread for example. The complaint has no real value because it is too vague and generalized.This thread is complaining about people complaining. What type of complaining? All complaining? So no one should ever complain so the game never changes. No offense, but the thread shouldn't of been started. Another type of complaining that is harmful, is people that just complain in very offensive ways in which case no matter how good their complaint is, no one cares cause of how offensive they were.

The type of complaining the game needs is constructive complaining with suggestions on how to fix the problem, and not base the complaint on rare occurences. It also needs to be made with fair frame of mind, not just after you lost a battle in PVP and you want to come on here and rant.



THANK YOU!!! That is what I have been trying to state this whole time!!! This thread is a waste of peoples time... I mean who wants to just read a bunch of complaints!!! Thanks dude-dudette you really made things clear like I have been trying to say all along...

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
I just "reopened my eyes" and guess what I found out...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

We are all complaining right now I mean we are complaining about people complaining. So why don't we just close are mouths about this subject, think it in our heads, and make the message boards a happier place!!!

I am done here so PEACE everybody!!!


I am not complaining. I am just pointing things out in order to help people.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

The message boards will only be happier when people aren't complaining about every little thing.

Think about it.... will people who hate complaints be happier reading complaints or reading that other people also want to stop them?

PEACE PEOPLE!
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. I want to advise everyone to be a bit more carful how they say things. I don't want anyone to think of this as complaining. It is just meant to raise awareness....

Well I still think it has gotten a little out of hands and that it is complaining. The fact that people have said people are losers for complaining and so on so forth. But hay we are complaining right now saying that people should not complain and that you should not be destroying the message boards with mean thoughts. I understand THAT I just believe you should keep these thought in your head. Oh and if you are pointing things out about complaints you are pointing them out in a complaining style. Popman98 agrees look at his post. (Sorry if I put you into a bad spot Popman 98) I did not mean to hurt your feelings or any of that by saying you are a whiner too. Cause you are not a whiner you just well I don't know how to put it... say stuff in a complainig style. Did not mean to hurt feelings... PEACE!!!

Scarlet Shadow level 50 Diviner


Thanks for letting me know! I need this kind of information in order to make my posts better.

I'm not going to just keep this stuff in my head... but I also don't want it to look like complaining. Any ideas of how I can point these things out in a not complaining way? Your help is wanted and thanks again for letting me know.

PEACE!
Destiny Dragocoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

P.S. You have not hurt my fealings.... it is worse to not know a problem than it is to be told. After all.... I don't my posts going down the drain so to speak....

Here is an idea!!! How about maybe just say this is a problem we need to fix it and be done with it!!!

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
61
I agree. The thread should be over. Everybody shared there mind about it, now it is time to move on. I think this was helpful...In some ways because now some people can see it, not afraid to speak there mind.
I was in a PvP before, and I had a terrible teammate. He was lower than me but he kept picking on the other people. One was ice (no offence but he was easy to wipe out. :x ) and one was balance level seventeen. He was a challenge, but the other guy was like level twenty I think fire? :-o I won, but I said it in a nice way. I said, "Your pretty good for a low guy." and he said "thanks". EVEN THE LOWEST PEOPLE CAN BE FUN TO BE AROUND. We became friends after that.
Point of view: everyone needs to be given a chance. But if they act mean, then it is terrible that they are a part of this game. KI made this game to be creative, not about fighting. I loved this game and recommend it because it was kid friendly and I learned a few things about stuff. What I am trying to say is, the game is a good message. And this is no complaint.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
69
I have got a lot of complaint whenever i happen to get off my wild bolt. I don't use it very much only when i am trying to get more pips. I just sometimes happen to get it off. I heope people will stop complaining. They wouldn't be if they were the ones using the spell. Just make a storm guy, it isn't even hard to get because it is only like lvl 18. Sorry about venting but it has really started to bug me. Thx!




Devin Griffinstrider 45 Master Diviner A.K.A Dragonian Slayer

1