Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ok I Am Now Believing PvP Is Ruined

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well for a while I have always tried to believe PvP was my haven and although it had mistakes it wasn't ruined like some people have claimed it to be. But the schools are just out of control now.

Lets state some things shall we -
Life -Has lost all meaning. There are now treasures to all of its heals and there is now even a wand that gives guardian spirit which means everyone can basically use this spell that was supposed to be special.

Storm- We all know that storm has been in the pits for a while. The school is too chancy and turn biased when it comes to 1v1. Enfeeble helped but storm still hasn't passed 3k health which now is actually not that hard to eliminate.

Death- Bad juju is useless and the school is again too turn biased. I mean bad juju and beguile will only work if you go first and have good timing or else its not good for much.

Ice- I have never considered ice until now. If you can keep 5k health a decent amount damage ( for an ice anyways ) fire immunity and almost storm immunity plus good resist against the rest, than clearly something is wrong. Prisms don't even work for fire since they have too many DoT's plus storm don't even stand a chance against ice even with prisms its hopeless.

Myth- To be honest this is the only school I consider safe from the PvP tragedy although they're not exactly useful in teams seeing as anyone else can use quake and not waste their blades.

Fire- Yeah look at ice's resist besides that though I believe they are fine.

Balance- Mana Burn has been spammed all over since released making it hard for people to get any decent hits at all.

On top of this we have the addition of packs which I believe is the new way to get the best gear which is again by pure luck and not skill. People have complained about the new spells that can be crafted since drops are like impossible and crafting is also impossible making these spells a huge waste of time. PvP is ruined absolutely and completely and no I don't want to hear how I can fix my deck to do this or that because I can't mind read who I will be battling and cant create some sort of ultra flexible deck that can counter everything unless I'm just going to stand there and turtle. Unless KI fixes half of the problems I'm seeing an outcome of at least 1/3 of the customers becoming highly less active when it comes to crowns and memberships and another large portion simply quitting the game and moving to another game like WoW or Minecraft.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Unless KI fixes half of the problems I'm seeing an outcome of at least 1/3 of the customers becoming highly less active when it comes to crowns and memberships and another large portion simply quitting the game and moving to another game like WoW or Minecraft.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

PvP has nothing to do with the game itself and there are millions of us that do not participate, nor will ever participate in PvP. To say a majority of people will not spend money and quit over PvP is just ridiculous.

Sure, some may leave, and if they want to play WoW, more power to them. No great loss here. That game is a nightmare.

Those who actually love the game, will remain and play the game...not just PvP.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I actually meant 1/3 of PvP customers who only play the game for PvP such as myself, sorry for the confusion.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Not to be rude but i have a strong suspition that most of the pvp complainers and trouble makers are coming over from those mmo's and not respecting the fact that this is a family based game. The language and behavior seen in recent mounths can attest to that. But...this is just my opinion.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
alex132444 wrote:
Not to be rude but i have a strong suspition that most of the pvp complainers and trouble makers are coming over from those mmo's and not respecting the fact that this is a family based game. The language and behavior seen in recent mounths can attest to that. But...this is just my opinion.

That was completely off topic, had nothing at all to do with the OP's concerns about pvp.

@Mask

The resist is an obvious problem that should be considered by staff at Kingsisle. It just doesn't function properly with the average fire or storm player attempting to play in the arena. This discourages new players from wanting to play pvp when they see a full pip heck hound hitting for 0 a round with no shields. Converts are not a solution as any good player will oppositely pre shield, meaning they will shield before the convert from first (tower or opposite school)or simply shield after from first and heal off the damage with massive health capacity. There is no doubt about a small window from second to counter this but against a skillful ice wizard the task is near impossible from second.

As for GS... I am going to watch some high level fights to see how this wand is blending into pvp mechanics before I make an opinion on it. The fact that it is only one card gives me a glimmer of hope but i fear that by reshuffling quickly with a small deck this might be problematic that everyone can now come back to life after getting defeated. Matches are already sometimes 4 hours now.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
like WoW or Minecraft.

WoW is not an impropriate game. Trust me, ask my 7 year old cousin if she liked WoW. She'll say, "Bad words are on there. It's not nice." So, I recommand Minecraft as a better game, yes? Good luck on that. BE A QUITTER!

~Emily IceBlood level 72 Death

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
My friends and I allways talk about this! PVP is almost ruined! That's why you don't 1v1. It's turning out to be a complete nightmare! But I'm staying with wiz101 because it's too interesting. I completely understand you. Btw, I am a balance and I almost never spam that pips thing. But I heard lots of strategies of it.

ChristinaSwiftBlossom
Level80 balance

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Some of the issues mentioned by the OP are just a few on my long list. I think significant balance's need to be made to differ pvp from pve. I have no problem with a storm he pulling off a 2k, non bladed storm lord in PvE, the monsters have far more health and we need that extra boost, but when dealing with opponents with maybe 3 or 4k health damage becomes an issue. Piercing is not as easy to pull of as it seems, and the resist provided by double proof and ice clothes is insane. It's crazy to see an ice character with 86% resistance to fire and storm. I mean truly insane.

I would just like the stornger promotion of skill that w101 used to have rather than unbalanced clothes that provide outrageous stats.

I'm going to post a topic soon with some compiled ideas about how to improve the state of pvp as it is now.