Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

not cool wild bolters

2
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
77
9rjb wrote:
TJCAR wrote:
KEEP DREAMING PEOPLES every school has a signature card i can sit back and tell you um all but here are a few known ones storm = bolt,balance = judgement, myth minotaur and orthrus, death wraith. so BAN BOLT BAN ALL THESE AND OTHERS PRETTY SOON I A WARLORD STORM BUT I AGREE WITH BOLTING LIKE CRAZY I DONT DO THAT I BOLT TO BRING OTHERS LIFE DOWN LIKE IT MENT TO. so i use it right cant complain about that BTW THE REAL PROBLEM IN PVP IS CHAIN STUNNING IN 4V4 YOU CANT FIGHT. so GET CLEAR ABOUT EVERYTHING PEOPLES IT NOT HAPPENING BESIDES CHAIN STUN :p


Umm.... WOW. First you named 4 schools spells. second if you didnt have bolt you would be complaining. Plus why say stop complaing when your complaining abut chain stunning. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Now before you rant and rave let me say this. I HAVE WILD BOLT! I ALSO HAVE STUN! BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE EITHER! and right now i have too warlords
Luke Griffenspear fire gm
Austin Stormbringer storn lvl 38
Cya in the spiral
um ok and i should be jelous. i just pointing out other things

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
62
That's not very reasonable of Wizard 101 to ban treasure cards, there is no reason that is any good to ban treasure cards. By the way I never seen a wizard use wild bolt on pvp. There is way to prevent it or greatly weaken wild boat, espiacaly since wards and charms work by percentage. And there is one problem with wild boat when you use it, it's accuracy is 15%!https://www.wizard101.com/posts/listSmilies.ftl#

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
well thanks to crying PvPer's there is no more treasure cards in the game,KI said that the trading of treasure cards was not ment to be dont,yea right! that why we traded them for over two years right,and if they are not ment to be traded then why are there mutate cards? about the only school that mutate cards are good for is fire/ice, and once you mutate a card it cant be traded.

So if KI will make it fair to other schools make mutate cards for other schools to. or just keep treasure cards out of PvP and put them back into the game. please :-)

I'll give KI credit for trying to fix PvP from chain stunning but you made another problem buy adding dispell's, now they just chian dispell.

One thing I would like to see is more mutate cards for other school's that would be cool.

michael redblood
grand death plus 9 other grandmaster's

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
ThePieMaster wrote:
The thing is you have to realize that wild bolt only has 10% accuracy so there is a very slim chance that it will work. Another is that it is very hard to find those kind of treasure cards so it is not like it happens often.


No storm student in their right mind is going to rely on a wild bolt with 10% accuracy. They will boost that up with precision or sniper cards, increasing the accuracy to 30/40%. They will then have on storm gear which will give a maximum 18 extra percent boost.

So wild bolt cards end up being used around 58% accuracy per attempt.

At 1000 damage for a single power pip for storm, this is an imbalance and a problem in arena.
Even with a specific storm deck with four towers and four volcanic shields, the odds of you getting two shields at the start of the match, and them appearing when you need them to for this one spell is slim. The wizard has the opportunity to bolt away the shields and then eliminate you with another bolt. It could take 5 bolts, it could take 2.

I've been in many matches where no shields appeared. And in just 2 bolts, even with my arena gear on, I ended up losing all of my health?

Where is the balance in that?

Moderator
Please actually read the announcement regarding the trade of Enchanted Treasure Cards.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18463.ftl

Players can still trade Treasure Cards.

Zzatdragon wrote:
well thanks to crying PvPer's there is no more treasure cards in the game,KI said that the trading of treasure cards was not ment to be dont,yea right! that why we traded them for over two years right,and if they are not ment to be traded then why are there mutate cards? about the only school that mutate cards are good for is fire/ice, and once you mutate a card it cant be traded.

So if KI will make it fair to other schools make mutate cards for other schools to. or just keep treasure cards out of PvP and put them back into the game. please :-)

I'll give KI credit for trying to fix PvP from chain stunning but you made another problem buy adding dispell's, now they just chian dispell.

One thing I would like to see is more mutate cards for other school's that would be cool.

michael redblood
grand death plus 9 other grandmaster's

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
31
zorro11 wrote:
Wild bolts absolutly disgust me. Diviners are good to be with, not good to fight. Two wild bolts is all it takes to kill.


hey if a storm spell disgusts you then you are disgusted by diviners
and you say 'good to be with' because you are scared of geting hit by a bolt.
wow i didnt know how much i learned in logic and the reasoning class and i am still a kid XD

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
115
with good shielding, right when you begin a match, you can easily take down a bolter. i have a storm grand, and i know that bolting isn't fair myself, and thus i don't bolt. I use bolt as strategy in 1v1 or as a last resort.

anyway, simply shield because that spell isn't exactly the best, its 100% fair

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
Merekid wrote:
Actually I have not seen lots of wild bolters.
And there is nothing wrong with low lvl using it.

Why can't you use shields or make your health higher?
A lvl 12 can get their health over 1,000 just be picking the right clothes.(I have done it)

And why would KI ban treasures after working so hard to program them into the game?

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 Balance/Ice

P.S. Maybe you should read the post called "Open your eyes and see...".

Actually, if a lower level uses it and your same level, how are you supposed to know when its a bolter. And look, your level 27 private facing a level 3 commander(this happened to me before with my storm magus). Well, the level 3 just bolts you dead and you lose mega points because its a level 3. Also, the people that usually lower level dont shield much and its kind of impossible to know what type they are because when your in novice clothes, my myth looks life, my storm looks death and my ice looks like a storm!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
3
well im gonna be honest i HATE wild bolt but its just another spell...and treasure cards were put into the game for a reason....people always complaining about em wen all the good ones requires 5-7 pips anyway which shuld take the other person a bit to get cause usually they use buffs and stuff like that first....and if ur lvl 20 or sumthin and u end up facing a lvl 35 walord or sumthin(hppened to me several time) i think its ok to use treasure cards.... ifthey 15 lvls higher then u and they still complaing i think sumthin shuld be done cause treasure cards are just another spell

2