Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-commanders in commander gear??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
I was pvping these people had commander gear, yet there rank wasnt that high. I wish Wizards101 unequipted all the pvp gear from each person because they have all this defesence but since the reset they dont deserve it yet. Also i think they should had something where you could right click someones name in the chat box and report them for foul language in combat because after pvp you dont see them to report them for swearing.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
They may have been a commander and then after they bought the commander gear their rank may have fallen below a commander OR maybe they were wearing veteran gear, the look the same, but veteran gear isn't as good.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I have seen this a lot also. Every so often KI decides to drop everybody's rank down to 500 and restart / refresh the ranking system. The people wearing those clothes DID earn them at some point and they DO deserve to wear them. It takes forever to get the tickets so you can wear those type of things. All together they cost 2200 tickets! That's 220 battles if you NEVER LOOSE! and no one ever gets there without loosing at some point. For the record its 734 battles if you loose every single one. Of course if you did that then you wouldn't have the rank to purchase the equipment anyway. The thing that I'm not sure about is whether these people had the clothes on when the rank was reset and so the game let them keep the clothes on; or whether the game lets you put the clothes on no matter what rank you are and the only rank restriction is for the purchase of those items.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
They also could have reached Commander before the reset, and purchased the clothes then. Or, there's also the issue with my character. He has 1050 rating or so, yet his rank says Veteran.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Zigmon wrote:
The thing that I'm not sure about is whether these people had the clothes on when the rank was reset and so the game let them keep the clothes on; or whether the game lets you put the clothes on no matter what rank you are and the only rank restriction is for the purchase of those items.

I agree that they earned them and should be allowed to wear them. This is at least a small reward for the hardwork the time and gold they spent. Without the badges and all to show your accomplishment before the reset, wearing them kinda gives away that hey they were at least a commander at some point.

I dont think they let you wear it unless you are at least a commander again. I cant be sure but I wont risk it, so I would rather not take them off once I have them. This is not a problem for level 50 to forever wear them. They already finished the game and no need to go back and do quests other than maybe farm for drops. Can someone tell us if you can wear the gears on and off after the reset when your rank is less than commander? I will be interested to know that since I have some of those. There are times I have to help friends on their quests.