Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No tc in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
I HATE the fact that you can use tc's in pvp! It makes me so mad when you see a level 10, that you are about to kill, use a strong tc which kills you in one hit!!!! Please KI remove the ability to use tc in pvp!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
You saw a TC in the arena and lost? You don't like TC's against you? You don't like the fact you were beaten by a good low level PvPer? Step away from the scroll.

-Gtafreak101

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Sugarkitty804,

I really don't think that KI can do that, it would destroy low level PvP.
Look at how many heals you can put in your deck at level 12. Now look at the damage you can do with your normal non treasure cards. See the problem, you cannot defeat the opponent..... that is why KI has to keep in TC in low level PVP. TravisAK brought this up quite a while ago, and seems to me to be a fact.
When I was in low level PVP, it was even hard for the other player to kill me with TC's.

Joe.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
sugarkitty804 wrote:
I HATE the fact that you can use tc's in pvp! It makes me so mad when you see a level 10, that you are about to kill, use a strong tc which kills you in one hit!!!! Please KI remove the ability to use tc in pvp!

Sounds like to me you just stood there and did nothing. No shields? No weakness? And it was just a strong anyways. Strong only boosts an attack by 100 damage. Considering a it was a level ten that used this enchant, the best he/she could have boosted would be a rank three spell. You should also take into consideration other elements that were a factor to your loss. I don't think tc was the real problem here. Besides this was just one match, no need to start a rant.

- Jason StrongHeart

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
sugarkitty804,

Treasure cards are part of pvp. There are ways to prevent (or at least weaken) opponents TCs for example, weakness or towers.

I am glad KI have blocked certain tc from pvp, like talos or insane bolt, otherwise tc will give about a 60% advantage to the user...

Caitlin WinterHeart

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
pvp tc should not be allowed because everyone use that. it just takes fun if you want to fight pvp with pure skill.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
agreed. i think all tc should have a pvp ban sign on them. or have a entirely different pvp setting like you could have: ranked, practice and treasure card... anyway if your good enough tc shouldnt matter...

( i'm not good enough )

AMY!!!

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
They will never get rid of treasure cards, just because you dont know how to use them to enhance your schools weaknesses. Low levels need them to take on level 90's in puppet matches and low level warlords need them to fight level 50's with much stronger spells. there is no argument besides some people have a skill problem, which almost anyone can overcome with a low rank deck.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Adapt to the game. No one is stopping you from using treasure cards. And since when did using treasure cards not show skill? Okay let's stop everyone from using tower shield other than ice. Since of course that is their school's spell. Yes, but then it's a different story, no?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I do not think so, i use tc sometimes not all the time, you must use tc for cards that are not in your school i think there is no problem using treasure cards regularly.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
They should not let people use tic in ranked because when I was I using my death I lost to a ice because he used tc

Armiger
May 10, 2010
hendrikpss2 on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
pvp tc should not be allowed because everyone use that. it just takes fun if you want to fight pvp with pure skill.
Pure skill is to be ready for anything at any moment, from any school. If you were defeated by a TC, then you lack the skill to defend a TC attack.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hmm, I agree that some tc's don't belong in PvP, like polymorphs and Talos, for example. But, I don't agree that ALL tc's should be banned from PvP.

Sometimes, a wizard is showing "pure skill" in constructing a set up which uses a mastery amulet and tc blades, traps, and other utility spells to make use of a newly developed facet of a wizard's ability. For example, if all tc's were banned from PvP, my life/fire hybrid wizard would not be allowed to use her deliberately cultivated skills, talents, and strategies to win matches. Not all tc's are overpowered or otherwise skew the balance of a match.

An interesting possibility: Make a PvP system where wizards could choose the restrictions of a match when they enter the arena.

Good Hunting,

Qbb/Taryn Earthsong, Theurgist-Pyromancer, Knight

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
Treasure Cards are quite useful, actually. If that Ice dude (no offence Ice) is about to get you pinned with a Snow Angel, and you have a TC (insert school here) blade, and the Ice has 2 rounds before that Snow Angel, would you rather face that Snow Angel or possibly blast him out of the park? In a 2v2, this is how it might play out:
*Life and Balance enter a 2v2 against a Storm and Life*

*Storm knocks out balance with Levy*

Balance: "Heal me!"

Life: "I'm out of cards, but if someone didn't ban Treasure Cards from PvP, I could!"
See? Also, if a novice is facing a puppet team, wouldn't they want a Treasure Card?

Amber Nightblossom, Level 72 Diviner
"The crazy Diviner"

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I think the better way to say it is KI needs to ban treasure cards that aren't for your level in PvP. I shouldn't have to lose a match against a level 30 because they use a Mammoth O_O

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I disagree with tc not being allowed, however i do agree to level caps for tc, like magus. Or 10 levels below you should be for whatever your buying.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
tc... get rid of it for ranked pvp cause that makes the other people sad when they dont use and they lose points and they say its fair its not cheating well it is so take it off and btw you know how i hate warlords they cheaters because they use tc

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
I understand that many simply don’t like TC's to be used because it appears to be unfair; however when I first started PvP’ing I was hit with so many combos that I had to strategize and come up with solutions (some with and without TC’s). I didn’t simply complain but had to think of ways to overcome what some people see as dependencies (It makes the game interesting). In fact if a PvP player relies solely on TC’s then it is going to become a very costly endeavor.

So if you examine a few low level (05 to 29) PvP matches you may see a fire dragon, bone dragon, or even a snow angel. A typical level 15 player will find it very difficult to farm for TC’s; they can buy them in the bazaar (becomes very costly), and yes you can ask friends or even beg for them. Realistically if you think about how many matches are required to obtain Commander or even better how many tickets it takes to get Commander gear; any commander will tell you that they are not all won by TC’s. The other question is now what do you do for the crown gear or the crafted gear Are you going to eliminate those as well Many offer TC's and I for one would be extremely upset if I paid valuable crowns on gear only to be told I can’t use it

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Easy solution, you can't use treasure cards with base cards earned above your own level. Also, don't allow stacking charms and traps. For example; You use a base +35% charm, and then you use a treasure carded version with +45%, well, when you cast a spell for the charm's school it should only use the higher percentage version instead of both. This won't apply to base cards of course, you would still be able to stack your base charm with say, a base balance triple charm. Just my 2¢.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
TC are a part of this game and PVP. If you don't like people using TC, don't play PvP. My gosh guys TCs are so helpful, and no one has made warlord without them. Anyone who says they did are complete liars. End of story.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

-Show. Off.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
pvp tc is OK t use i am level 90 Promethean ice and i use it just in case i run out of reshuffles and its ok tc is one of the smartest things any game creator could think of that's why they are on the top.