Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New tweaking needed...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I realized that I am always lobbying for fixes/changes to the PvP system. As of now, a level 50 Private fights a level 28 Commander in 1v1 can lose around 0 - 4 tickets and win up to 30+ tickets. This discourages low level PvP because it's just simply a raw deal.

I stated various possible fixes but now I realized maybe a sweeping change is too costly and time consuming to implement from a design point of view. Thus I suggest a simple Tweaking of the numbers.

1) Set a lower/upper limit of Rank won/lost per match. If you lost a match, you should at least lose some rank (or else it's like nothing happened). I think 3 to 5 would be a solid number for minimum rank won/lost per match. On the other hand, if you get uber-lucky and had an opponent lost connection on you, you shouldn't gain 100+ rank just cause he happened to be Godly Warlord of Everything PvP Champion; there should be an upper limit. I think 25-27 is a good upper rank won/lost limit.

2) Also tweak the value of level a little bit in PvP matching... A few rank does not equal to 20 levels. A Commander level 28 does not equal to 50 private of reasonable skills. Maybe make level matter a little more than it currently does. Maybe every 100 rank = 3 level? So a level 28 Commander fights a private, he's facing around a level 40 at most (which is a much more fair fight then against a Grand Master or a Legendary).

Tweak 1 and 2 would make the current PvP matching much more level-friendly (so more people will PvP, thus generating more revenue for KI). It also eliminate the player frustration that when he lags or loses connection and lost to a lucky private (and then lose 30+ rank, which he will need to win 15+ games to get back).