Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Trend, superheals in PvP?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Over the last few months, I have been watching a lot of PvP, to see if I should change my point of view on some of the complaints, I see posted.

What I have been seeing more and more of, is what I like to call SuperHeals. This is where a PvP uses a Pixie or Fairly and Heals for a huge amount. I have seen the 480 health Treasure card heal as much as 1640 in a PvP battle. I have been told that the heals even go well above this value.

From what I can tell, these PvP'er use crafted gear to get high Crits on (Life) Health spells. They put up the +40 health boost on themselves, in most cases several of them. So when they cast the spell, they get 672, plus a crit and get healed for 1344 or more depending on their gear for two pips. When using a 860 heal spell, they are hitting 1204 and if Crit a 2408 heal.
These are non-life Wizards doing this, but I see that Life has caught onto this trend also.

Even in 3v3 and 4v4 I have started to see this with a Life Wizard. They set up for the Max Critical rating, and are hitting crit on Heals with Boost over and over. The Team without a life in it, is quicky fighting a losing battle.
So for the person that has been saying that Crit is not worth having, these teams really seem to disagree with that point of view. It not only keeps them alive, but it helps them win, without a doubt.

Standard setup, everyone sheilds the Life wizard, plus the Life Wizard put up the +500 shields, and you instantly have one Life Wizard that is very hard to kill. Even with two storms on the other side attacking....

This just seems to be another stratergy Wizards are now using, which is what PvP is all about. Again this shows to me, just how important stratergy is, and just as several people have been saying all along (it not what Wizard you have) it's the stratergy and knowledge of the game.

Has anyone else started to see this as much as I have?

Joseph LionHunter.
Ice, Balance and Storm.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Super Heals is all part of a great PvP strategy.

As is having a pet with spritely and having the cosmic kris and stellar signet, so your pet will heal you 99 first round and 199 a round for 3 rounds. Considering your pet can cast many many spritely during combat, I have seen 4 or 5 going at the same time, almost 1000 a round. Now this, is a great strategy.

Also, using this same ring and athame, you can cast a self heal spell and have it almost double it's heal, taking it to almost 800 or around a little more than 1500 if you critical!

Anyone and everyone can do this, if you chose to complete your crafting quests and take the time to get a pet with the spritely talent. So, is it cheating? In my opinion, no, simply because everyone has the chance to do it. If you take the time and earn something, you have every right to use it.