Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Storm Wizard PvP Strategy with Deck READ!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
I have looked why Storm is Getting Pounded in PvP and why it is so Easy to Beat!I found the Obvious Reason Lowest Health making all schools letting it Pound away while it pounds away!So I created a Deck To Render Most Blades Useless since they would dissapear the next round due to one of Storms under aprecciated[Spelling] Spells.DISARM with this Blades of Schools such as Ice Death and Life's 40% blades that Create a Significant Boost will Be Whisked away!

The Deck Will be Copied in Order here to protect and Destroy!

RuneWarden Deck

3 Cleanse Charms [For the Not so Used Weakness]
5 Disarms[This is one of the Most Important Parts!]
5 Thermic Shields[Another Important Part]
3 krakens
5 legend Shields[Life School A MUST]
4 lightning Strike[Must So you can mae Bolt hit!]
3 Storm Lords
5 StormBlades
5 Storm Traps
3 Stormzilla's
3 Tritons
3 Bolts
3 Windstorms

I want people to give their Opinions and Test this Deck in PvP if it is Successfull than that means This Deck is THE deck to be used by Future Storm Warlords!Also If it Fails Give Idea's to Improve it!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
lol... good luck with that deck, definitely not the way I would have built my storm deck, so go ahead and try it and then modify it according to how it actually plays

As for why storms are losing in PvP, I openly state that most grandmaster storms haven't a clue how to play with each other, let alone by themselves.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
you fail to have a single healing card in there, no dispels, no prisms, no elemental blades, and no environmental bubble should one be needed ... like I said, your deck is not the way I'd go, lol...

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
You know, I have actually helped a couple of storm wizards in PvP

You guys are so strong you dont even need any blades. Just carry your storm bubble and either full storm gear or arena gear and all of your attacks will have about 50% more power.

So if you have full power pips and decide to use Kraken for example, it will only cost you 2 power pips and do around 770 points of damage at minimum!
Now that is one heck of a bargain for damage. With power like that, it bewilders me why some even bother with wild bolt at all. haha!

Storm is all power. Just carry your bubbles and the best gear you can get to boost your attack and defense and you will dominate pretty quickly. And since you wont really need to worry about blades, you have lots of room for other spells and you can carry a smaller deck ensuring the right spells come right when you need them.

Stop being so greedy for power and just carry bubbles. Experiment with this for attack boosts and take it into PvP. See how it works out.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
You know, I have actually helped a couple of storm wizards in PvP

You guys are so strong you dont even need any blades. Just carry your storm bubble and either full storm gear or arena gear and all of your attacks will have about 50% more power.

So if you have full power pips and decide to use Kraken for example, it will only cost you 2 power pips and do around 770 points of damage at minimum!
Now that is one heck of a bargain for damage. With power like that, it bewilders me why some even bother with wild bolt at all. haha!

Storm is all power. Just carry your bubbles and the best gear you can get to boost your attack and defense and you will dominate pretty quickly. And since you wont really need to worry about blades, you have lots of room for other spells and you can carry a smaller deck ensuring the right spells come right when you need them.

Stop being so greedy for power and just carry bubbles. Experiment with this for attack boosts and take it into PvP. See how it works out.

Terrible advice, if you go up against more than one life wizard at a time, you pretty much have to mass kill both of them at one time (something you won't be able to do without blades).

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Becoming pretty good in 2v2 and 3v3 playing with storm people, even if they have no clue how/what to use, Playing with a balance makes it easy for storm. I have easily gotten a 4.00 W/L ratio playing with storms... Just have the balance go first, and keep boosting them with elemental blade, bladestorm, and balance blade. Then, since storm has lower defences, Put shields on THEM, just like you would be playing with a life character. After the damage dealt by the storm, I usually like to wait a round from the stun to see what has happened, then finish them off with a judge, or if they have lots of leftover health, I would blade the storm, rinse and repeat. Not saying this strategy is an automatic win, but this strategy works LOTS for me.

P.s: have the balance bring a storm sword/wand to get rid of storm shields before the storm attacks.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
- stares at deck with weird look -blinks and looks at deck that made me war lord - starts laughing