Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Match Making system is just about perfect

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have been on my low level Myth and Balance, and my high level storm and Balance, and
I want to say this "Thank you KI, you have done a fantastic job in this update".

Not once was I put out of class, each and every match at high level or low level was
close. The worst case I got was one time on my new guy, a 649, I got a private in the 500's.
I felt sorry for the Private, but I was in the que for a long time before I got him.

Hey, the matching system may not be perfect, but it's darn close, and has propelled me
towards PvP again, thanks KI.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Veracity8 on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I have been on my low level Myth and Balance, and my high level storm and Balance, and
I want to say this "Thank you KI, you have done a fantastic job in this update".

Not once was I put out of class, each and every match at high level or low level was
close. The worst case I got was one time on my new guy, a 649, I got a private in the 500's.
I felt sorry for the Private, but I was in the que for a long time before I got him.

Hey, the matching system may not be perfect, but it's darn close, and has propelled me
I'm glad your happy

Amy lvl 96

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009

Rank wasn't the problem with pvp, it was the levels. If you ever manage to get to a high rank on a low level, you get RIDICULOUS matches. 30-45 levels higher. It's ridiculous.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Noohb on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Rank wasn't the problem with pvp, it was the levels. If you ever manage to get to a high rank on a low level, you get RIDICULOUS matches. 30-45 levels higher. It's ridiculous.
I disagree with you

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
kymma shadow on May 3, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with you
Because you probably don't have any account at a high rank, maybe not even above private.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

I don't know about yours, but my characters still get the same matches with prometheans..My level 61 death has gotten a few matches with level 100s. It may be better at lower levels and ranks, I don't really know, but it can certainly be unfair in many situations.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

A match I just got was a great example of why the new matching system is not even close to perfect..I was doing pvp on my level 33 ice. I got paired with a level 41 ice with about 50 more rating than me, and I was second..His pet spammed heals, so I would have needed to do a OHKO to really hope to defeat him, which was near impossible with his 2600 health and 30 or so resist. Ice can only stack so many blades at level 33..Anyway, if this logic applied everywhere, my death would battle promethean warlords when he is currently level 61. Not exactly fair matches..