Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Arena Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hi everyone! I just want to bring to your attention that I think (and I'm sure multiple other people would agree with me) that we need new arena gear! I'm not talking about athames and rings and spells, I'm talking about new robes, hats, and boots. With all the new gear for lvl 60 wizards or even lvl 55 wizards the arena gear is in all reality pointless. The Ice school has resist to all schools sure, and with the arena gear you get some resist but now we have gear that offers even greater resist, crit block, crit boost, etc. Me and my friend love to do PvP, we think its a nice break from quests and farming. Now there's almost no point in doing PvP except for being called a warlord. Please, we need to get KingsIsle to make new gear.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Exactly even if it was critical block, for example they could make it so the gear has more resist than the ice gear even if by a couple percent, then a good amount of damage which doesnt need to be more than the 60 gear, we could have good crit, health, and so much more added to the gear to make people do pvp, I know PvP may not be the major seller for Wizard101 but it would definitely make me keep my membership for longer. I recently just got all my wizards to 60. All the schools except for storm since I can only have 6 wizards. I just really hope they add more to PvP it would make me and so many more people happy

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
It has been brought to many people's attention, but many people think 34% resistance is overpowered. So it's likely to not happen. Sorry

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Well actually, being that we can hit over 2000 now with a 4 pip spell and crit 34% is nothing. And it should be brought to people attention more so we get new gear made, and like he said up there, lower levels dont get that kind of resist. If to much resist really is that big of a deal then make it so the new PvP gear has less resist but better hit and crit rate to make it still worthwhile. Another thing they can do, is make new PvP gear based for each of the schools, thats only usable in the arena.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Starz wrote:
I agree, we low levels deserve critical block for pvp gear.
One problem. Noobs don't critical so they don't need critical block :-) Can I make my self any more clearer than that. Ask yourself. Who will critical on whom. Seriously

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I believe he meant when low levels are for example warlords and have to fight high level people with critical, the dont have anything to block it with, making it an even more unfair advantage for the higher levels

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
scotttttttttt wrote:
Starz wrote:
One problem. Noobs don't critical so they don't need critical block :-) Can I make my self any more clearer than that. Ask yourself. Who will critical on whom. Seriously

Yeah, let's see -

my level 16 warlord against your level 60 private

Guess who criticals and guess who can't block it

and, oh yeah, that kind of match up CAN happen, even in 1v1

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
scotttttttttt wrote:
Starz wrote:

Yeah, let's see -

You are correct. Sometimes conviction isn't enough.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
scotttttttttt wrote:
Starz wrote:

Yeah, let's see -

This sums it up better than anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
PvP would be interesting if we were to suddenly be "forced" into using Arena only gear but still be allowed to use our athames, rings and pets (which will be the main way in which one will get their heals and power pip boost).

The new arena gear should of course allow all wizards to enjoy the new features such as critical, etc but in a toned down setting. Of course, each specific element might have their own advanced stat in that one or two things in their gear are higher than the other stats of other elements. If you were to have new arena gear for all schools, what would you think of something like that? Let's say as an example:

Storm
10% universal resist, 40% storm attack boost, 60 Critical rating, 40 critical block 200 health

Balance, 15% universal resist, 25% attack
55 critical rating, 35 block 320 Health

Myth: 15% universal resist, 20% attack, 35 critical rating 40 block
240 health

Etc etc etc blah blah. This are just of the moment samples. Of course these stats would be adjusted by whatever wand you choose as well as the ring, pet and athame.

(I dislike using the word should as I have done in earlier paragraphs. But I couldn't think of a better way to express it)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
CorbinW wrote:
PvP would be interesting if we were to suddenly be "forced" into using Arena only gear but still be allowed to use our athames, rings and pets (which will be the main way in which one will get their heals and power pip boost).

The new arena gear should of course allow all wizards to enjoy the new features such as critical, etc but in a toned down setting. Of course, each specific element might have their own advanced stat in that one or two things in their gear are higher than the other stats of other elements. If you were to have new arena gear for all schools, what would you think of something like that? Let's say as an example:

Storm
10% universal resist, 40% storm attack boost, 60 Critical rating, 40 critical block 200 health

Balance, 15% universal resist, 25% attack
55 critical rating, 35 block 320 Health

Myth: 15% universal resist, 20% attack, 35 critical rating 40 block
240 health

Etc etc etc blah blah. This are just of the moment samples. Of course these stats would be adjusted by whatever wand you choose as well as the ring, pet and athame.

(I dislike using the word should as I have done in earlier paragraphs. But I couldn't think of a better way to express it)

I can do better with my legendary balance gear? um?