Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerfing Gaze of Fate

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
115
Why is Gaze of Fate so powerful? It's a balance spell so the initial hit should do damage appropriate to a Balance's damage stats. However, the second hit should only do damage appropriate to the damage for the school the spell chooses. In other words, if the first hit does 1800, the second hit should not do the exact same damage because balance does not have the same damage for every other school in their stats. I think this needs to be nerfed because it doesn't make sense. Both hits should reflect your stats, period. If you have 120 damage for balance and 87 for some other school, the spell should reflect that.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2017
1
Then they would also need to make that the case for Hydra, Chimera, Spectral Blast, and so on. It's not a plausible thing to ask.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
95
Vyxium on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:
Then they would also need to make that the case for Hydra, Chimera, Spectral Blast, and so on. It's not a plausible thing to ask.
That's not quite true. For starters gaze of fate is a shadow pip spell. If something like this happened you could easily limit it to shadow pip spells which means it would only apply to fate and nested fury.

At the same time while it would take work it's KI's game. If they wanted to take the time to make it so that balance spells that do other school damage rely on their actual stat for that school they could.

Will it probably ever happen? No probably not, at least in game as a whole. But something like this could also be set up for being a pvp only type of thing too. I think that would be very fair considering all balance really needs to do right now is lore spam if they want to win. Even if they don't lore they can just triple shield and set shield spam until they get enough pips to gaze of fate a couple of times and kill off their opponent with a follow up attack. If they actually needed a good stat for other schools this strategy is way less likely to work.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
115
Vyxium on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:
Then they would also need to make that the case for Hydra, Chimera, Spectral Blast, and so on. It's not a plausible thing to ask.
I disagree and here's why. When I put on my fire, ice, and storm ward pet, I can get 69 resist to those schools while only getting 40 resist to balance, life, myth, and death. When I'm attacked by Gaze (or any other Balance spell involving a hit from another schools magic) my resist stats kick in and show a big difference between the balance part of the spell and the other school's part of the spell; I resist more of the second part. If my resist can identify which school is which, then the same should apply to the spell casters stats weakening (or strengthening) the spell to the stats of the spell caster. If the other spells you mentioned also need to be nerfed to keep it consistent, well then oh well, that's how it should have been done to start. I can tell you that in high level pvp, I don't see the spells you mentioned used very much, maybe lower level pvp, but they aren't right either so nerfing them would only make sense and I think it's not only practical, it's also fair. If I can resist more to one part of their spell depending on my gear (stats) then it only makes sense the same should apply to their gear (stats) initially.

Survivor
May 02, 2012
6
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1021
Only a Fire wizard, who basically has every tool in the book, would complain about this.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
Jeremy Firestaff on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
Why is Gaze of Fate so powerful? It's a balance spell so the initial hit should do damage appropriate to a Balance's damage stats. However, the second hit should only do damage appropriate to the damage for the school the spell chooses. In other words, if the first hit does 1800, the second hit should not do the exact same damage because balance does not have the same damage for every other school in their stats. I think this needs to be nerfed because it doesn't make sense. Both hits should reflect your stats, period. If you have 120 damage for balance and 87 for some other school, the spell should reflect that.
I believe gaze of fate is great as it is for a school without any access to dot. However i believe my super main concern with this school so called (balanced) is broken for several reasons spell wise along with gear set max level.
for one thing too much health, resist, damage potential and pierce. Secondly the schools has to many access to utility such as the infamous overpowered 4pip spammable spell lore master, mana burn that states to destroy 3 reg pips which should count as 2 power pips not 6 power pips i don't know why k i hasn't fix this yet. I don't even know why it even has a break pips to even start and a 2 pip supernova aura burn out that does 500 base damage which again i don't get why it even has a spell like this. i believe putting and end to this will put balance school in its place to be balance. Competitive wise this would allow other schools to actually make set ups without having the hassle to be prevented by a school with already high damage potential. Saying that's just how the school works is not an excuse anymore for brain dead plays.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
Jasmine3429 on Mar 2, 2019 wrote:
Only a Fire wizard, who basically has every tool in the book, would complain about this.
And a life wizard who has 0 tools compare to every other school in the game. Talk about being fronted for saying life is only a sup heal school is a true narrow minded mindset in the pve community. Life has the potential of being if not top 3 in the pvp meta but k i refuse to fix certain issues towards storm life myth and death schools.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
Jeremy Firestaff on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
Why is Gaze of Fate so powerful? It's a balance spell so the initial hit should do damage appropriate to a Balance's damage stats. However, the second hit should only do damage appropriate to the damage for the school the spell chooses. In other words, if the first hit does 1800, the second hit should not do the exact same damage because balance does not have the same damage for every other school in their stats. I think this needs to be nerfed because it doesn't make sense. Both hits should reflect your stats, period. If you have 120 damage for balance and 87 for some other school, the spell should reflect that.
I do agree Gaze is really op but when you think about it hephaetus does more than one of the gaze hits with same effect without the need for a shadow pip, not to mentions the other endless tools given to fire. Gaze 700 on both hits and Hephateus doing 725-775.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
121
angellifeheart on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
And a life wizard who has 0 tools compare to every other school in the game. Talk about being fronted for saying life is only a sup heal school is a true narrow minded mindset in the pve community. Life has the potential of being if not top 3 in the pvp meta but k i refuse to fix certain issues towards storm life myth and death schools.
I disagree and agree with you because i dont think life has 0 tools compared to other schools but i do agree they dont have as much options as myth fire storm and balance. Ice death, especially Life got robbed this meta with release of scions spells that almost gives 0 control or just plain useless. Not to mention Life(especially) and death also got robbed with the release of 6 pip shadow spells. Fate not being able to bring any one back and no initial first hit, Sorrow being the lowest damage out of the single shadow hits and medicore effect. They need to balance out the schools better...