Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Ice.. Seriously

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Well, snowball barrage is good for ice. It's a tc tempest, which can be enchanted, with an amazing animation. Sure, it can potentially be stronger than glowbug, but then again, 14 pips, along with shadow pip, is not worth waiting for. Ice has needed a low pip aoe for a while. Honestly, ice is fine just as it is. Just because you lost to an ice as a storm doesn't mean that ice is overpowered.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
second question

also ice as snow shark treasure card

"less pips then storm shark" so, snow shark treasure card same damage as training spell of "storm shark"

also back zafaria "ice know how to use storm spell back lower level pvp for more damage keep people setting against ice "why don't use double shield of storm/ice because ice can steal ice shield better off using ice/fire won't able use steal wards those!
I'm still confused as to what you're trying to say, and I have no idea what you're trying to say about wearing Myth and Life amulets and the part about Burning Rampage.

I also don't know what you mean about stun chaining, because every Ice I watch PVP in ranked (mine included), does a Stun Block card or Conviction almost immediately when the match starts.

I have never seen an Ice spam Snowball Barrage, because mostt of them do Abominable Weaver. I also don't know why anyone would want to spam Barrage, because it appears as a major waste of Pips since you don't get any utility from it.

I have also never seen an Ice in max level 1v1 PVP use Snow Shark TC, because it cannot be enchanted with a Sun enchant. They're more popular in low level PVP, though, but not high.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
i been playing ice sent the game has started here the fact ice is not op its not strong it per defense class all its spell are ether shield or way to get the enemy to hit you we don't get to steal pips like other classes we can't steal health unless its a over time heal and we can make the enemy hit itself we have to spam blades and traps to even get a nice hit or save up a lot of pips to get a good hit only reason were hard to beat is because of are tower block and normal shields we get from classes added are strong rsistance and health we maybe weak in power but we are strong is the way that storm is weak storm i have played they have low health get ok resistance but there power no school has match yet or will match when there low level there one shooting mobs when there high level its easy for them to one shot things the only down side to being storm is your health you get blocks and you can train into ice to get tower to help protect yourself from damage ways i been playing for about 5 years now and I just don't see any of the school as op there all balance life is hard to kill because of its heal ice is just able to last long in battle because it has a ton of health the game of ice is out lasting enemy's to be honest the best match up in pvp with ice is life because there both class that are made to last in battle as long as they can ways
Ice isn't about just defense. Most Ice Wizards in ranked PVP (mine included), have over 100 damage and 30+ pierce, and one Abominable Weaver is able to remove a large chunk of health from an opponent in PVP.

You don't get to steal Pips, but you can remove them.

Ice can't make the enemy hit itself.

Ice may have been "weak in power" at one point, but that completely vanished when Darkmoor and Jewels came out. With just one blade, one Weaver can do over 3000 damage, which is over half of a Storm Wizard's health, as well as give the Ice a -75% Tower.

Like zachery NS said, playing as an Ice Wizard in PVP doesn't require any skill or experience. They are able to deal so much damage out and get too much utility from their spells, that it doesn't take any skill at all.

I continuously see matches where Ice Wizards have only Weaver in their deck to spam, and I've never seen them lose.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Ice is doesnt need a nerf. They are doing well in the arena at the moment but far from overpowered. just like fire was before polaris came out when the next world comes out another school will probably take over. ice is about tanking. it has 62-64 resist with 90-95 damage where as the other schools have 110-115 damage 120 if you are a storm wizard and 50-55 resist to all. its balanced. for the people saying ice has 80 resist to balance and fire and ice thats because they are using a ward pet and any school can use this to their advantage in fact almost everyone 800 rank and above uses a ward pet and has 70 resist to ice fire and balance. i do agree that ward pets are over powered though but not the ice school its self as 64 resist to all schools can be cut through easy when every other school except ice has 40+ pierce. ice wizards can't even get 100 damage most have around 90-95. As for ice doing so much damage it still is the weakest school. weaver doesnt do as much as everyone is saying weaver does around 2200 at the most with an open shot unless you have blades on. but weaver doesnt even do that much when your 800+ rank because everyone has ice ward and balance ward on their pets. weaver does about 1600-1800 because of all the ice set resist. almost everyone at warlord has 70+ ice resist along with 70+ balance resist. ice can also be easily shielded against unlike balance. everyone has the -70% ice shields trained. ice is easier to beat if you are first then balance is. if ice wizards do have ward pets on their damage drops to 80-85 while balance can maintain 90-100 damage with a ward pet. but i do think ward pets are over powered.

just my 2 cents.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
zachery NS on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
I have 3 max characters another on the way() the others are fire, death, and storm.
when it comes to pvp I am currently using my fire because its just so fun to play with.
And death even though I can't pvp atm due to the lack of pierce jewels I don't currently have.
storm I don't pvp on since its too hard in 1v1, although I have seen quite few STORM WARLORDS, in the end it is all about having fun and testing your limits against others which requires SKILL and EXPERIENCE.
so as you see you may have figured out why I have no ICE character, because looks just too easy which requires no experience or skill what so ever which means no fun at all for those who enjoy pvp for what It actually is.

I step into the arena to watch a match, see's a ice going against a balance, fire, life, myth and so on... and dominates match after match( not the same people) after match...

a max ice can have like a 7,300 hp, 90 DMG, 65 resist to all schools, 35 pierce! ooh don't let me forget the set pets bringing their resist up to 80% to which ever 3 schools they like() that's insane!!!

a ice can make acouple mistakes here and there and still win the match( from first, heck even from second)
now I do like all the ice spells I think it fits who they are such as frost bite and snow angel, being able to boost and hit so much damage while playing defensive at the same time. Not all schools can do that but have their own way of winning and staying alive in a match which is why and are the top tier schools in max lvl pvp and I think ice just can beat them both more likely against a ice or balance. but at the end it all depends on skill and strategy which is why I really don't care anymore because I have a balance on the way and a fire to slay.
ice not everything winning pvp because one school as better state then others most annoying pvp death/life "spam heal" death will spam bad juju "when death get level 110" 4v4 with all death then get risky with indemnity & dispel spell!

least made myth wizard "mine favorite school I like myth/death/ice and like myth because like troll earthquake more "now indemnity" now be more useful myth can indemnity spam over earthquake without having earthquake moving there trap" so, now earthquake less annoying without moving trap when reach to level 110

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
FusionSun on Sep 3, 2016 wrote:
Ice isn't about just defense. Most Ice Wizards in ranked PVP (mine included), have over 100 damage and 30+ pierce, and one Abominable Weaver is able to remove a large chunk of health from an opponent in PVP.

You don't get to steal Pips, but you can remove them.

Ice can't make the enemy hit itself.

Ice may have been "weak in power" at one point, but that completely vanished when Darkmoor and Jewels came out. With just one blade, one Weaver can do over 3000 damage, which is over half of a Storm Wizard's health, as well as give the Ice a -75% Tower.

Like zachery NS said, playing as an Ice Wizard in PVP doesn't require any skill or experience. They are able to deal so much damage out and get too much utility from their spells, that it doesn't take any skill at all.

I continuously see matches where Ice Wizards have only Weaver in their deck to spam, and I've never seen them lose.
STORM as weaker defense and Ice More Weaker At Attacking "why ice train "LIFE" didn't have life school "Ice secondary would be "DEATH OR STORM"

back zafaria game to wizard101 before for our 1st world from second arc "allot of ICE" use storm spell & never use ice but just there tower unless ice spell use enough boost that school!

beside everybody in pvp "since now have jewel" see most school try set against ice!

if go to AlexWizardPro Youtube Channels "In RANK PVP" they doing double ice pvp but go into battle vs double life jade with ice immunity!

whatever storm can do and ice can do better!

try win pvp on mine ice "never won a tournament" because balance fate of gaze "not 3 balance shield not help against them) because armor pierce broken most part of the game & jewel then just critical and critical block!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
why people are going for more offense others then defense because in pvp "able to boost in pvp" enough armor pierce "storm can do it" others school can do it clued ice because high resist & high heath does mean there overpower because they are tank school and that want tank school do to live longer in pvp so, ice is best school to use to survive in pvp because take up more of higher damage to survive in pvp!

like abominable weaver useful against shadow shrike!

127 resist make you immune 15% armor pierce! if your school as 127 resist then your immune to infallible!
I know that resist is right because I check because I have 127 resist to fire "jabberwock cheat of metro shrike as high damage 2000 does more poor resist" if have high resist it will nothing on me clued with infallible!

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
why people are going for more offense others then defense because in pvp "able to boost in pvp" enough armor pierce "storm can do it" others school can do it clued ice because high resist & high heath does mean there overpower because they are tank school and that want tank school do to live longer in pvp so, ice is best school to use to survive in pvp because take up more of higher damage to survive in pvp!

like abominable weaver useful against shadow shrike!

127 resist make you immune 15% armor pierce! if your school as 127 resist then your immune to infallible!
I know that resist is right because I check because I have 127 resist to fire "jabberwock cheat of metro shrike as high damage 2000 does more poor resist" if have high resist it will nothing on me clued with infallible!
enough said, you gave it all away '' ice is the best school to survive in pvp '' yet it is has pretty offensive stats that is ENOUGH to remove a a ton of health which is op and doesn't makes any sense at all when you said correctly ice is a TANK school. which is why it is also '' the easiest school to use In pvp '' which lacks skill and experience compared to a fire, myth death, and storm most for sure who is yet very strong but very easy to take down which is somewhat balanced, in my book ice is not balanced.

really though, If I wanna go on a deeper point in max lvl pvp, were all lacking UTILITLY SPELLS. because we hae too many hits that roam the arena from lvl 100 or 110 and up ... buts that for another topic some day getting ahead of myself. but all I hear is death needs a boost, myth needs a boost and so on except the top tier schools of pvp of this age( prodigious 1v1). and I think its true because school advantage is very challenging if your one of those 3 first or second. we all spend weeks, or months getting this gear, that perfect pet, and the perfect stats that we need and for some of us it doesn't cut it!

o yah I did not forget all the grand ices too but not complaining because that range is not my thing so I don't know much not my business.

And why do you keep arguing lol everybody is here to state their point and opinion on this thread, just let it go and go pvp on your ice to get some easy rank and arena tickets.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
1. Any school can be immune to infallible.
2. If someone is using infallible at max level for their only pierce, that's very bizarre because it seems impossible for a max wizard not to have any pierce at all and especially for storms, they can pierce through that resist easily.
3. I can't say anything else because I couldn't really understand much of what you were saying.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
if I have a OVERPOWER resist pet just school of "Fire" possible reach more then 127 to 189 "now just are adding now 200+

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
NOTE: Backed this topic out to where it began to be derailed. Let's keep things on topic. Thanks!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Dworgyn on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
NOTE: Backed this topic out to where it began to be derailed. Let's keep things on topic. Thanks!
you're welcome

I think some of spell need to be fix "mostly bad juju" set to much for every school even worst at 1v1 at max level because new enchanted of indemnity "can't cleanse it off" they use empower & bad juju every time we attack and won't defeat them because they know when are going to attack also use dispel/cloak/cloak bad juju

people complain to much pvp

AwesomeTheSauce "he did Ice PvP and person vs him add 90% damage & 90% resist at a low level!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
you're welcome

I think some of spell need to be fix "mostly bad juju" set to much for every school even worst at 1v1 at max level because new enchanted of indemnity "can't cleanse it off" they use empower & bad juju every time we attack and won't defeat them because they know when are going to attack also use dispel/cloak/cloak bad juju

people complain to much pvp

AwesomeTheSauce "he did Ice PvP and person vs him add 90% damage & 90% resist at a low level!
I do agree with you with the bad juju spamming being annoying however are the ways to really fix it? There isn't much you can fix with a thing like that.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
frostednutella on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
I do agree with you with the bad juju spamming being annoying however are the ways to really fix it? There isn't much you can fix with a thing like that.
thanks also try beat jade gear death with bad juju spammer on mine storm "insane bolt doesn't kill you "then use high weakness" also help save more of storm spell of wild bolt and insane bolt and prims (use balance mastery to spam reshuffle tc when run out of insane bolt "insane bolt won't effect your storm spell "insane bolt is moon damage"

"your insane bolt spell "stop them using bad juju" when they run out of bad juju (they be looking for balance reshuffle)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
FusionSun on Sep 3, 2016 wrote:
I'm still confused as to what you're trying to say, and I have no idea what you're trying to say about wearing Myth and Life amulets and the part about Burning Rampage.

I also don't know what you mean about stun chaining, because every Ice I watch PVP in ranked (mine included), does a Stun Block card or Conviction almost immediately when the match starts.

I have never seen an Ice spam Snowball Barrage, because mostt of them do Abominable Weaver. I also don't know why anyone would want to spam Barrage, because it appears as a major waste of Pips since you don't get any utility from it.

I have also never seen an Ice in max level 1v1 PVP use Snow Shark TC, because it cannot be enchanted with a Sun enchant. They're more popular in low level PVP, though, but not high.
snow shark good spell (ice more rare tc) allot krok spells able steal heal/shield/absorb

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Okay, let's begin.

Fire: Fire has Damage Over Time spells, meaning nobody can put up a shield against them (unless they stack, which is any Pyromancer's doom). They don't have very high health, and minimal healing. Not a good class to use for PvP.
Ice: Ice has very high health and resistance but doesn't always do maximum damage. What you aren't realizing is that it's hard to beat an Ice but by doing the right things you can easily set up your own defenses and blades and within one round you have the upper hand and they have to scramble to recover, which in this game can or cannot happen, depending on the skill level of the player. Good class for PvP due to its shield abilities.
Storm: Storm deals extremely high damage but has low health. Storm is basically the polar (no pun intended) opposite of Ice in the sense that it can't take much damage without dying but if they're quick enough they can easily defeat any player. Good for team fights, as for 1v1 it's not great.
Myth: Myth is a class focused on summoning minions to help you, which in 1v1s can be devastating. At level 18 they have the most powerful minion in the game until Death gets its minion at level 28, but for it to be on par with the Cyclops Minion it has to be summoned with at least 7 pips, which is more than the 4 you need for a maxed Cyclops. You get an even better one at level 55, and guess what, that one is Myth exclusive as well. Healing, defense, and health are sufficient but not recommended for team fights. 1v1s are the perfect place for a Myth, especially at a low level.
Life: Life has the same damage problem as Ice but it's pretty clear Life is essential in team play. Its defense is not that great but Life wizards' healing is exponential. 1v1s it cannot win but in 3v3s and 4v4s going without one on your team is fatal.
Death: Death is not the greatest class, but it works. Drains are what it specializes in. It's not good for team fights but 1v1s it can sustain itself.
Balance: Next post, no room

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Continuing from previous post.

Balance: Essential for 4v4 PvP, but is the least needed in that sense. Blades can be supplied by all classes, but Balance is where the best ones come from. They're a support class, but if used correctly in 1v1s they can be killer as they have a healing spell called Helping Hands that can support them for three rounds, giving about 7/8 worth of a Pixie each round. But their damage is great too, Judgement alone can do 1400 damage with no buffs at 14 pips. With buffs I've gotten it up to around 4000 damage. It's not even when I'm trying to PvP, it's just when I'm questing and I happen to get a few pips racked up. Good for PvP.

So that's basically what you've done, you've gone and assumed Ice cannot be stopped. But with literally every single other class you can defeat them pretty easily. Even Life can withstand them for long enough, and because Ice doesn't have drains they can just hit the absorb shields Life wizards sometimes spam. Just my two cents (or posts, this is the second of both the posts making my point LOL).

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
BluJewel on Sep 26, 2016 wrote:

Balance: Essential for 4v4 PvP, but is the least needed in that sense. Blades can be supplied by all classes, but Balance is where the best ones come from. They're a support class, but if used correctly in 1v1s they can be killer as they have a healing spell called Helping Hands that can support them for three rounds, giving about 7/8 worth of a Pixie each round. But their damage is great too, Judgement alone can do 1400 damage with no buffs at 14 pips. With buffs I've gotten it up to around 4000 damage. It's not even when I'm trying to PvP, it's just when I'm questing and I happen to get a few pips racked up. Good for PvP.

So that's basically what you've done, you've gone and assumed Ice cannot be stopped. But with literally every single other class you can defeat them pretty easily. Even Life can withstand them for long enough, and because Ice doesn't have drains they can just hit the absorb shields Life wizards sometimes spam. Just my two cents (or posts, this is the second of both the posts making my point LOL).
yes I agree on that (reason why death spamming bad juju) don't have good defense spell others school set for death (won't able to attack anyways) be harder to attack death went set for death (harder to attack) why reason people use little spell & minion (get pass) immunity

I like balance (just annoying in pvp) most people awful school (not that useful of school don't have loremaster) doesn't matter (hit well with chimera and super nova)

long time ago (ice finally got immunity to balance) testing this pvp in 4v4 (balance attack me) spam aura (Immunity Did Not Do Anything against her)

on mine storm doing low level pvp (spamming tower shield vs myth) he one shot me orthrus (level 12 warlord) get that freaking tower shield out of this game freaking noob (with a tower shield on)

one person Using immunity against on ice wizard (he trying steal mine wizard) because was cheating because use immunity (threatening to delete mine wizard)

one person from different class threaten people to delete people account ( one girl she got one those pvp) others team so, mad (threaten her) others people said if I went first I would have won) one person noob (to her) one said: I steal your account and girl said: (ha) no you can't impossible (try me) few sec. later account was gone (so, now chance her password) lucky she know the person!

watch lower level pvp (see allot of cheating) very spot on

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Okay, let's begin.

Fire: Fire has Damage Over Time spells, meaning nobody can put up a shield against them (unless they stack, which is any Pyromancer's doom). They don't have very high health, and minimal healing. Not a good class to use for PvP.
Ice: Ice has very high health and resistance but doesn't always do maximum damage. What you aren't realizing is that it's hard to beat an Ice but by doing the right things you can easily set up your own defenses and blades and within one round you have the upper hand and they have to scramble to recover, which in this game can or cannot happen, depending on the skill level of the player. Good class for PvP due to its shield abilities.
Storm: Storm deals extremely high damage but has low health. Storm is basically the polar (no pun intended) opposite of Ice in the sense that it can't take much damage without dying but if they're quick enough they can easily defeat any player. Good for team fights, as for 1v1 it's not great.
Myth: Myth is a class focused on summoning minions to help you, which in 1v1s can be devastating. At level 18 they have the most powerful minion in the game until Death gets its minion at level 28, but for it to be on par with the Cyclops Minion it has to be summoned with at least 7 pips, which is more than the 4 you need for a maxed Cyclops. You get an even better one at level 55, and guess what, that one is Myth exclusive as well. Healing, defense, and health are sufficient but not recommended for team fights. 1v1s are the perfect place for a Myth, especially at a low level.
Life: Life has the same damage problem as Ice but it's pretty clear Life is essential in team play. Its defense is not that great but Life wizards' healing is exponential. 1v1s it cannot win but in 3v3s and 4v4s going without one on your team is fatal.
Death: Death is not the greatest class, but it works. Drains are what it specializes in. It's not good for team fights but 1v1s it can sustain itself.
Balance: Next post, no room
Fire is not a great class to use for PvP? That's not correct. Fire's ability to combo and spike damage while preempting shields makes it a great class in 1v1 PvP at max level. It also shines at Adept to Legendary PvP as well with a strong minion, Offensive defensive with efreet and with the mother of all clerical spells-link.

Ice at max level does not have a problem with damage anymore. with 95% damage and 35% pierce: Abominable Weaver does 2k at base while leaving a great defensive effect that can absolutely wreck tempo plays. Combine that with it's high health and tons of support spells and ice dominates max lvl 1v1 atm.

Storm you got mostly right. It's great for Team PvP(which practically doesnt exist anymore) and horrible at 1v1.

Myth does great at 1v1 at the lower levels but struggles to find consistency at the higher levels due to a lack of low pip offensive/defensive spells(such as loremaster)

Life dies not have a damage problem anymore and does absolutely great in 1v1. The health with ability to recover along with weaver and caterpillar allow it to be a solid mid tier class at max lvl 1v1.

Death is spectacular at Team fights. Virulent Plagues and Plagues shut down opposing team's offense- it can recover to full while applying offensive pressure with Khurulu and can pose a non shadow pip threat with deer knight. Death struggles more at 1v1 than anything else.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

You have failed to explain how Ice can be defeated easily with every single class. All you did was list a mostly incorrect evaluation of each school's relative strengths in PvP. There is a reason 50% of the leaderboard is Ice.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
Weaver makes it even with storms and damage and a 75% shield? are you kidding? Storm was op but now you cant even use it for any pvp...

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
MarissatheFT on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
Don't call for a reconfiguration on a whole school over a teeny-weeny bad experience you had with them in a PvP duel. First, Ice was too weak, now it's overpowered? I don't think so.

Breaking it down, Ice in general is not at all stronger than Storm. Storm has the greatest amount of raw damage, whereas Ice--the weakest. It's a cold hard fact, pun intended. It all depends on gear combinations and statistics, not the school itself. Ice can be weak, it can be strong.

The entire game is about balance between the schools. Ice was given the most resistance and the greatest health along with the weakest damage so that it could fit in with everything else. Personally, I think it's about time that Ice became a bit stronger in attacks. But solely from experience, Ice is definitely not overpowered.

- Marissa
I'm sure you are you don't have a ice wizard do you? lol/

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
ice isn't overpowered (ice meant be powerful because spell are powerful because most spell from giant (greater power) spell look at as strong fire and storm but not strong as fire and storm but spell more powerful then that of fire and storm! fire/storm likely more block/resist against ice not as much because care about resist but care more critical block but fire more resist to ice then storm for some gear! ice resist gear for any others school mostly rare very common to fine is the spiral because all weak gear (lower tier gear with high resist)
I remember when ice actually got immunity to storm spells. Now that was something i thought would never happen. One school get immunity to another school. I didn't quite understand how ice crafted level 74 gear had 13 universal resist, and a extra 13 resist to storm and fire. Now that shows that someone favored ice school. Someone somewhere was tired of players crying about losing to fire, and storm wizards. Someone listened and took care of that. Wow! Just amazing. lol

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
zachery NS on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
FOR REAL, I don't care what or who you are if you backing up with fact that ice is overpowered I don't care what you say or bring up ICE IS TOO OP in the arena its ridiculous.
I agree with you totally! Its a shame the way ice and balance dominate pvp now in one vs one. It ruins the game for a lot of us. I will not go with the flow, and make a ice, and or balance wiz. It's not worth it. I put so much time into my 3 wiz. Storm, Death, and Fire. These were some really good schools at one time when i started playing at level 60 cap. Ice and balance were so weak it was funny. Someone felt sorry for them no doubt. Remember this. Life is not fair at all. Why would you feel that this game would be fair? The game is still fun aside from pvp. Pvp has changed so much. Just go and watch some quick matches! You will see the same strategies over and over. All that matters when 2 players are equal is who goes first! lol