Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need tips pls for level 60 ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
With the Celestia spells, I would like to redo my training points for maximum PVP effectiveness. (not worried about PVE). As a level 60 Ice, I would appreciate any tips/suggestions on a good ice PVP deck. I know there are 24 total TP available (I currently have 23, haven’t done the tea set crafting yet).
I am thinking:
Gargantuan (4 TP)
Elemental Blade (1 TP)
Infection (1TP)
Conviction (1 TP)
Sprite (4 TP)
Locust Swarm (4 TP)
Mutate Polar Swarm (1TP?) I don’t know if the mutate spells can be specifically “picked” or have to be done in order like Gargantuan.
Fire elf (2 TP) so I can mutate to ice elf.
Reshuffle (1 TP)
That’s 19 TP so far - not sure what to do with rest, probably some dispels from Mildred Farseer? Anyone had any luck/thoughts on Polar swarm? I don't recall if Polar swarm was a DOT or AOE spell.

I am debating 7 TP to Feint, but would appreciate any insight on Ice using Feint in PVP.

For gear I do have the lvl 58 Celestian ice hat, robes, boots. Cosmic Kris/Stellar signet. Amulet Nightshade choker for the 2 weakness. Wand will be life wand to get rid of life dispels. Pet is Fierce Hound that has spritely, 9% resist, Feint and death boost 5%. So final resist is 46%. Will use a Celestia deck which allows 7 ice spells and 5 other.

I haven't done much PVP on Ice, but seems a tank strategy - spam shields/towers, sprites while loading up for combo ice bubble, DOT (either ice elf/frostbite), double bladed ice angel should be effective.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where to post. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
25wizstars wrote:
With the Celestia spells, I would like to redo my training points for maximum PVP effectiveness. (not worried about PVE). As a level 60 Ice, I would appreciate any tips/suggestions on a good ice PVP deck. I know there are 24 total TP available (I currently have 23, haven’t done the tea set crafting yet).
I am thinking:
Gargantuan (4 TP)
Elemental Blade (1 TP)
Infection (1TP)
Conviction (1 TP)
Sprite (4 TP)
Locust Swarm (4 TP)
Mutate Polar Swarm (1TP?) I don’t know if the mutate spells can be specifically “picked” or have to be done in order like Gargantuan.
Fire elf (2 TP) so I can mutate to ice elf.
Reshuffle (1 TP)
That’s 19 TP so far - not sure what to do with rest, probably some dispels from Mildred Farseer? Anyone had any luck/thoughts on Polar swarm? I don't recall if Polar swarm was a DOT or AOE spell.

I am debating 7 TP to Feint, but would appreciate any insight on Ice using Feint in PVP.

For gear I do have the lvl 58 Celestian ice hat, robes, boots. Cosmic Kris/Stellar signet. Amulet Nightshade choker for the 2 weakness. Wand will be life wand to get rid of life dispels. Pet is Fierce Hound that has spritely, 9% resist, Feint and death boost 5%. So final resist is 46%. Will use a Celestia deck which allows 7 ice spells and 5 other.

I haven't done much PVP on Ice, but seems a tank strategy - spam shields/towers, sprites while loading up for combo ice bubble, DOT (either ice elf/frostbite), double bladed ice angel should be effective.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where to post. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Ok, if this is specificially for PVP. then here are my suggestions.
If your pet already has spritely, then you do not really need the life wand, but it is not a complete waste. As for your amulet, the 45 % ice blade is stackable with all other blades. As for weakness, you can buy plenty at the bazaar as treasure cards!

Feints, sometimes good, but not often used anymore once you become Legendary. Still 7 training points is a lot, that you can get a choker for!

Gargantuan is a must, Vengeance is a good idea.
I would invest in life dispel, and balance dispel, along with cloak!

Fire elf with mutate is a great idea, although you will have snow angel, so I don't think that is needed!

Balance Mutate, not sure what after affects it has, so, not sure if it is worth the pips or not! So, if it is great, if not, waste of a lot of pips!

Life to Satyr would always be a good idea, epecially with the healing ring and athame you have! Especially if you have a friend that has fallen, would really Liven them up!

Not really sure I am giving you any suggestions, but pointing out a lot of good and bad points to the ideas you have!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I really wish ice players would go life up to satyr. Ice is often the last standing and should life fall an ice player can sure turn around the game if they can get some decent health back on life. I don't really think polymorphing as ice is a good move as ice has great resists and anything morphed into usually doesn't.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
seasnake wrote:
I really wish ice players would go life up to satyr. Ice is often the last standing and should life fall an ice player can sure turn around the game if they can get some decent health back on life. I don't really think polymorphing as ice is a good move as ice has great resists and anything morphed into usually doesn't.

Why does ice need life spells to begin with is my thought. we have massive health anyhow (4000+ if we gear right) is there really a need? i respent my training points on feint and got the feint choker (which makes a KILLER colossus if you have gargantuan too) double feint really is killer if used at the right time. where polymorphing as ice generally isnt a good idea, i only use the treant if i need health badly. otherwise stick to your nice icy bodies .