Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth in PvP?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 12, 2009
I have no complaints, but I am wondering how the myth people have very high rank 75 percent of the time. I have seen many myth LVL 45 people with the rank veteran or higher. I know its not attacks (exept for Orthrus strongest spell in the game does like 800 damage), is it minions? PLS PLS PLS respond any myth person that is at least level 42.

CHristo FireHeart LVl 45 Pyromancer Dragonspyre

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
kooch1 wrote:
I have no complaints, but I am wondering how the myth people have very high rank 75 percent of the time. I have seen many myth LVL 45 people with the rank veteran or higher. I know its not attacks (exept for Orthrus strongest spell in the game does like 800 damage), is it minions? PLS PLS PLS respond any myth person that is at least level 42.

hello i am morgrim i am myth i have a rank of around 1700 its ok but i wish it was better i was overlord at lvl 22 with my boots and robe fron the arena i didnt bolt i didnt use to many gold cards that people make i went to bazaar and paid a very lot of gold for ninja pigs there the best lol and i buy the heals from bazaar and i buy the dooms for myth the plus 45% ones i do not use minions the truth is i dont know what one is the best one to use to me is not the spells you use its how long you have been playing in the arena or even out in the game i have only 4 grandmasters all with arena gear i have 6 chars all and all after so long you learn all the tricks of the trade and what and when someone can do something and if you know your char and your char that well you can add up there hit so you really know where you are standing befor they hit fire is a hard school at the arena but is very strong fire was the first school i had really to me its how you spend your traing points i feel there is no point in a 2nd school but only for the shields no hitting spells if you want some have a friend make them or make them your self on one of your other grandmasters to my any spell thats not your main school is a waste of pips i only get shields with training points you are soon to fight the pox they can show you a lot i hope mayybe some how i help some and i wish you the best of luck at the arena scott deathhammer grandmasters-fire balance myth storm-noobs ice death

Survivor
May 24, 2009
hey hows it going..ya i am a myth warlord lvl 48..i think the answer to that question is myth pple are just smarter lol..jk. i guess pple dont fight myth that often so have no shields for it? the minions help but are just for you to waste pips on. to fighting i have shields for everyone and just keep pounding away. i dont waste my rounds setting up my myth spell for the big one it takes to long so i beat you slowly, sometimes balance can give me a hard time, and fire with his dumb minion you keeps casting the fire elf everyround takes my shields away. but i think myth is allot harder to win then any other school so it does take some brains i guess..

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
well i dont have a myth wizard, but i think its the earthquake spell in team battles. cause when i was doing a 4v4 with my myth wizrad, we went first, and we won cause of the earthquake. basicly right when the storm wizard was about to kill us, he used earthquake to take off storm and death shields (as well as ice) for open scarecrow, storm lord, and frost giant.
in 1v1 if the myth wizard is lucky, he will either fight a death or life, and the shield that myth gets at lvl 16 gives shield to death and life, so there converts dont work.
so i think thats why myth is so good at pvp

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
It's a few things. I have a level 12 Myth Commander, and at that level, it's all about the Minions. No other school gets minions at that level, and with a deck packed with minions, it makes the win easier. Now that the Marvelous Minions packs are available in the Crown Shop however, it's getting harder . A Storm minion can keep a Myth minion busy for awhile!

At the higher levels, it's all about the ability to avoid shielding with Pierce (oh so nice vs all absorbs!), and the double hit from Minotaur, and later Earthquake, and as if that wasn't enough -then- finally, the dreaded Orthrus. Combine all this shield breaking and throw in a few minions, and it's quite hard to nigh impossible to shield against Myth.

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
kooch1 wrote:

I'm not sure what your trying to ask but I'll try to answer both sides.

Ranks: These are gained through pvping and winning battles.

Damage: These are universal in all the schools. Each school has a rank 7 that can be deadly with proper preparation. Myth is the "Strongest" damage wise school of the spirit circle, therefore they do around 800 damage Orthrus unbuffed. Ranks aren't gained through damage but through skill of winning matches.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
Alrighty guys ty for the answers they may be useful to my myth noob (level 1 made him yesterday have not played on him yet...). And no i was NOT going to wait for answers so i kick butt in pvp with my myth noob but again ty and you might see my name on so,e other posts

Christo FireHeart level 45 Pyromancer/Theurge

BTW I am also looking for a PvP partner at least level 45 any school ( they have ups and downs lolz) I shall make a post if you want to reply to that OR this i dont really care which but... Y'know 8) :-D

Explorer
May 12, 2009
lorddoom141 wrote:
kooch1 wrote:

I'm not sure what your trying to ask but I'll try to answer both sides.

Ranks: These are gained through pvping and winning battles.

Damage: These are universal in all the schools. Each school has a rank 7 that can be deadly with proper preparation. Myth is the "Strongest" damage wise school of the spirit circle, therefore they do around 800 damage Orthrus unbuffed. Ranks aren't gained through damage but through skill of winning matches.
What I am trying to ask is i see a lot of myth people with high ranks, so how do they get them? Orthrus? Earthquake? Minions (most likely )? like how i see them with very high ranks.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The reason they give some spells lower accuracy is because it's powerful. Like the heal over time I have are 90% and most healing are 100%. In the myth school you've probably noticed that ninja pig and pierce are only 75%. I've thought that's a little strange that some spells have lower accuracy then most of the spells in their school. Well, I know why, I've noticed that.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Hero
Sep 08, 2008